Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: This is what Kobe should have been for the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    His pass to Jamison near the end of the game says otherwise.
    That was a good pass.

I just feel that he was forcing passes all game and has been for the past few games...every time he drove he passed it to a big man or back out to the top of the key ...and if you keep doing that eventually your big man will happen to be open one play and will get an easy dunk and it'll look good.

But i gotta go, and ill be watching the next LA game hoping to see Kobe try to get assists again.

Tmacattack33 u got to be one of dumbest poster here. Just stop it

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Kobe is arguably GOAT, and that scares people. They will hate on him whether he shoots more or passes more.

no

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    This is just beautiful.

Playing like this, Kobe is my favorite player, perhaps ever.

I understand he's playing a terrible defense - I could probably do this on Luke Ridnour too - but he's been doing this for more than a week, and we all know Kobe's good enough to do this to anyone.

Kobe's been a top ten passer and ballhandler for almost his whole career. Even at his most selfish, I would even say top 5. He's just made poor decisions based on impatience and ego. He'll go for stretches playing intelligent ball, but never consistently, to my satisfaction. Could this possibly be a permanent change in approach?

Kobe's been trying to be Jordan all this time, when he should have been trying to be Magic.

What about the way Kobe played in the 2007-2008 season? I think the way he played that season was even better than he is playing now. He had the right approach to the game in that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    How could you watch the last 5 games and think he has average passing vision?
    That one the other night where he drove baseline and threw it through three defenders by the hoop to Dwight for a dunk was one of the best I've ever seen.

It's pathetic that the best player on the team can't even take play to his greatest strength BY FAR, which is scoring the ball. Dude is a top 5 scorer in history. And he has to go out there and completely change his game just so his teammates can feel more "involved" so that they can play defense.
    I agree, but it is somewhat obvious that this is what is going on. The other guys have looked so much more active both offensively and defensively these past few games. Guys are moving and cutting without the ball on offense, instead of just standing there. On defense, Dwight's actually looking like a DPOY again.

Why they can't seem to do that normally, when Kobe's shooting 22+ times a game is another issue, probably a coaching one. I kind of think Kobe's just in the mindset of trying to build confidence and chemistry right now, and that he'll eventually start to raise his shot attempts. I do think he should look to balance this out a bit more, similar to the way Lebron is playing, but I'm just happy for wins at this point.

Hopefully the other guys can continue to play this way. That's the real crux here.

Local High School Star

thank god he didnt. would be one boring decade.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    That one the other night where he drove baseline and threw it through three defenders by the hoop to Dwight for a dunk was one of the best I've ever seen.

I agree, but it is somewhat obvious that this is what is going on. The other guys have looked so much more active both offensively and defensively these past few games. Guys are moving and cutting without the ball on offense, instead of just standing there. On defense, Dwight's actually looking like a DPOY again.

Why they can't seem to do that normally, when Kobe's shooting 22+ times a game is another issue, probably a coaching one. I kind of think Kobe's just in the mindset of trying to build confidence and chemistry right now, and that he'll eventually start to raise his shot attempts. I do think he should look to balance this out a bit more, similar to the way Lebron is playing, but I'm just happy for wins at this point.

Hopefully the other guys can continue to play this way. That's the real crux here.
    To me that just shows how much of a whiny bitch Dwight Howard truly is. I can at least understand Pau's frustration, even though I don't agree with it. But Dwight has no reason to complain since he leads the league in touches by a center and it isn't Kobe or Pringles fault he fumbles the ball away every time.

Kobe should be capable of getting teammates involved and staying in rhythm so if he is needed down the stretch he has multiple options that would be capable of closing out the game. With that being said I have to agree with the posters who feel Kobe plays with an agenda coming into a game and doesn't make the necessary adjustments.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Threading the needle between two 7 footers with another guy's hand in your face, all while you're flying through the air.

Elementary pass. You learn that shit in middle school.
    Stop being so defensive. We're all acknowledging Kobe is quite the play maker and passer. The ABILITY is there, it's the contrived approach, pre-planned style of play when you're deliberately passing up shots to appease criticism of your game, then it's a problem.

Why must Kobe always be SO extreme? He's either chucking, or dishing to the point of not taking easy shots for himself (an admitted elite scorer) ... that's a problem.

Why is there no middle road with his game where he meets the ultimate balance between playmaker and scorer? When his teammates need to be lifted, get them involved. Score on call when needed. He did it in the OKC game to perfection. But then it seems like in order to seek the trend of praise, he says to himself he's getting it just because he's passing.

Either Kobe is doing some kind of social experiment with media perception, or he's what any sane Kobe fan has known all along, he's so self aware to the point that everything he does in response to how he is perceived is controlled and contrived down to the very details.

Just play the game. Score when needed, shoot when open, when the right pass is there, make it. Basketball need not be that complicated as Kobe sometimes makes it on himself. It's like the ridiculous fadeaway or forced shot he takes with multiple defenders draped all over him, when the right basketball play is staring him in the face. Sometimes I think he does it for his PERCEPTION as opposed to the right basketball play.

It's like sometimes he's being theatrical, just in order to create a mythic persona around himself (probably a post Jordan narrative effect that he's playing towards for media sake) as opposed to just being the best basketball player.

The ability is there. It's his mentality and approach that has ALWAYS held Kobe back to reaching his full potential. Which is scary considering how great he is even with his flawed approach.

A real Bryant fan would be able cede these flaws, if you truly comprehend his game within not just the sexy-ness of his skills, but from an innate basketball intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Kobe should be capable of getting teammates involved and staying in rhythm so if he is needed down the stretch he has multiple options that would be capable of closing out the game. With that being said I have to agree with the posters who feel Kobe plays with an agenda coming into a game and doesn't make the necessary adjustments.
    DUH THE AGENDA IS TO GET HIS TEAMMATES INVOLVED

The haters basketball IQ bar is set really low here

If Kobe actually did this for the last decade, we would probably seen a real triple double machine.. Dude is averaging almost triple double for the season..

Kobe avg for the last decade if he play this role

21ppg, 13apg, 9rpg, 60%TS

Seems decent to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Stop being so defensive. We're all acknowledging Kobe is quite the play maker and passer. The ABILITY is there, it's the contrived approach, pre-planned style of play when you're deliberately passing up shots to appease criticism of your game, then it's a problem.

Why must Kobe always be SO extreme? He's either chucking, or dishing to the point of not taking easy shots for himself (an admitted elite scorer) ... that's a problem.

Why is there no middle road with his game where he meets the ultimate balance between playmaker and scorer?
    When his teammates need to be lifted, get them involved. Score on call when needed. He did it in the OKC game to perfection. But then it seems like in order to seek the trend of praise, he says to himself he's getting it just because he's passing.

Either Kobe is doing some kind of social experiment with media perception, or he's what any sane Kobe fan has known all along, he's so self aware to the point that everything he does in response to how he is perceived is controlled and contrived down to the very details.

Just play the game. Score when needed, shoot when open, when the right pass is there, make it. Basketball need not be that complicated as Kobe sometimes makes it on himself. It's like the ridiculous fadeaway or forced shot he takes with multiple defenders draped all over him, when the right basketball play is staring him in the face. Sometimes I think he does it for his PERCEPTION as opposed to the right basketball play.

It's like sometimes he's being theatrical, just in order to create a mythic persona around himself (probably a post Jordan narrative effect that he's playing towards for media sake) as opposed to just being the best basketball player.

The ability is there. It's his mentality and approach that has ALWAYS held Kobe back to reaching his full potential. Which is scary considering how great he is even with his flawed approach.

A real Bryant fan would be able cede these flaws, if you truly comprehend his game within not just the sexy-ness of his skills, but from an innate basketball intuition.

Where the hell do u come up with these theories and then have the nerve to claim them as facts???

Also, cause 17pts 11assist, 9 rbs on 50% is not working...not balanced enought right?

**** some ppl are stupid
    Last edited by G-Funk; 02-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Kobe is rondo 2.0. Passing on good shots to pad his assists. He ain't fooling anyone who isn't a fool.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Kobe won more rings playing HIS way, than any other player of his era. If he had played like you want him to,

he'd be 1 and 2 in the finals with more losses than wins.