Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 15 Games You All Will Probably Get (in 2013)

Goty of Us

GTA5 and Bioshock Infinite is it for me.

As far as Last of us, is there a multiplayer mode? I figure most zombie like games do. Probably not. Ps3 exclusive anyway.

I'm looking forward the most to The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite, followed by Metro and Tomb Raider.

Looking at the list though, I really can't imagine anyone looking forward too much to the new Gears of War or the new God of War. Might as well put Call of Duty 2013 on the list then.

Also that game "Remember Me" has mediocrity written all over it. A rookie developer making a high concept debut game that attempts to feature the best mechanics from Prince Of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Arkham Asylum and other premier titles to be set in an open world no less and in a brand new sci fi universe? I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by LJJ; 12-08-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm looking forward the most to The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite, followed by Metro and Tomb Raider.

Looking at the list though, I really can't imagine anyone looking forward too much to the new Gears of War or the new God of War. Might as well put Call of Duty 2013 on the list then.

Also that game "Remember Me" has mediocrity written all over it. A rookie developer making a high concept debut game that attempts to feature the best mechanics from Prince Of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Arkham Asylum and other premier titles to be set in an open world no less and in a brand new sci fi universe? I'm not holding my breath.
    Eh, I hope you're as pessimistic about every fiscal year. This statement is absurd, have you even done any research?

First off, God of War is only the second title to come out on modern consoles. Not sure why you'd think the developers are milking that particular franchise. They are creating a prequel, and the concept looks very interesting. I'll bet you right now, both games will receive an aggregate score of over 90. Gears of War looks awesome. The graphics look better, and the story looks refreshed. They're concentrating on two particular characters this team instead of the entire team. It's not a sequel. Halo Reach was a big success when it came out, so I don't see why the sudden pessimism towards these two titles? They will kick ass man.

GTA V is probably the most anticipated game of the last decade, if not all-time. What's the highest rated game of all-time? GTA IV (on PS3/360), yet this game looks like it will completely triumph the fourth installment.

The Last of Us looks phenomenal, like nothing I've ever seen before. Guess what? It's the same development team that created the Uncharted series, you seriously don't think it will be a kick ass game?

Then you have ambitious titles like Watch Dog, Remember Me and Ground Zeroes. An open-world stealth game? Helllooooo, how can you not be excited?

BioShock will be amazing, so will Tomb Raider. Just look at who is developing these games. Companies with a proven track record. You like shooters & stealth? Modern Warfare 4, Ground Zeroes, Blacklist and Patriots? If you've done your research, you'd know these shooters like epic, all of them. Not your typical theatrical trailer either. They've actually shown game footage and the animations look so realistic.

Fact is, all 15 of those titles could potentially grab game of the year. 2013 will be a special year for games because most of these titles look original.

GTA V - creating something new to its gameplay (simultaneously playing 3 different characters and a shit load of other amazing content)
    The Last of Us - a survival game by Naughty Dog stretching across the entire United States? C'mon, these are the best developers in adventure/action genre out there.
    Watch Dogs - one of the most ambitious titles I have ever seen in my life, this game has so much potential.
    Blacklist - Looks absolutely bad ass, and how many Splinter Cell games sucked? If you don't like stealth games, that's fine...but gamers who love these type of games, are big fans of the Splinter Cell series and Blacklist looks like it will murk all the previous installments.
    Patriots - best first person shooter (military combat) game I have yet to see, I won't even try to explain why I'm anxious to play this game.
    Tomb Raider - looks as epic, if not more, then the Uncharted series...
    God of War, BioShock & Gears of War? You're saying people weren't excited for the new Assassin Creed or Halo this past year? I'm suppose to not be excited about these titles because according to you they are just milking it now?
    Agent? Rockstar, Open-World assassinations, espionage...come on, sounds so bad ass.
    Remember Me? Sure, unproven developers. Halo 4 was created by 343 Industries and they developed a great game. RM looks very ambitious from the footage I've watched. It is at least an intriguing concept.

I'm sorry, I personally don't remember a year I was more excited then this upcoming calendar. I didn't even name all the games, I simply named games that fit my interest.

Don't be such a Debbie Downer.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 12-09-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Blacklist - Looks absolutely bad ass, and how many Splinter Cell games sucked? If you don't like stealth games, that's fine...but gamers who love these type of games, are big fans of the Splinter Cell series and Blacklist looks like it will murk all the previous installments.
    I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan, and I can tell you that most SC fans feel that the series basically peaked with Chaos Theory. I found it super annoying when they made the series more about Sam Fisher and his sob story than the missions at hand in Double Agent and Conviction, not to mention the stupid sonar goggles that don't make any sense whatsoever.

I mean I'll still buy Blacklist like a sucker, but I just had to have a rant about how Ubisoft ruined a great franchise for the hardcore SC fans.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

NBA lottery pick

http://www.giantbomb.com/this-latest...kenny/17-6877/

Alright I'm probably getting this game.

All I have on my mind for 2013 is GTA V and Injustice: Gods Amoung Us. Everything else, who knows.

Sweet gameplay trailer for Deathstroke on the upcoming DC comics fighter(Injustice): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDqpsXAgLI

Green Arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1liO9UD9zck

I'm pretty damn hype for this game. Clearly ISH isn't big on fighting games, because I think this is the first mention in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    http://www.giantbomb.com/this-latest...kenny/17-6877/

Alright I'm probably getting this game.
    I can agree with that after watching the video.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

GTA V
    Splinter Cell

No more

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

You can add Castlevania:Lords of Shadow 2 to my list on March 5th, 2013.

NBA lottery pick

I forgot about dust 514.

And is star wars confirmed to be coming out this year yet? I thought that was still rumored?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I forgot about dust 514.

And is star wars confirmed to be coming out this year yet? I thought that was still rumored?
    Yea I don't think there's anything official yet, wiki just says 2013.

Also if Valve actually releases that steambox this year, I'd probably be on board for that.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 01-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Only probable ones for me are NBA 2K14, GTA V, and maybe South Park & God of War.. not sure yet.