Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default 15 Games You All Will Probably Get (in 2013)

In order, based on my preference. I mostly enjoy a good first-person shooter (preferably that involves realism) and a great action-adventure game. I am saddened that there is still no news on the next Uncharted game, but 2013 is by far the most intriguing year perhaps in gaming history. Plus they're announcing PS4 & 720 on E3 in Spring, so get excited gamers. Anyways don't be upset that I won't be listing games like Generals, Crysis 3 or any role-playing games. I just naming 15 games that I feel will blow our minds and that fit my interest as a gamer.

These games are in order...

15. Agent

Company: Rockstar
    Release Date: Possibly 2013 (Q4)

Agent is an espionage action game exclusive for the PlayStation 3. It takes place during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s, taking players on a paranoid journey around the world of political assassination, espionage, and counter-intelligence. Currently, there is no other detailed information about the game.

No Videos/Trailers Available Yet
    This game sounds too promising not to make the list and it's Rockstar people! Hopeful for a late 2013 release...

14. Remember Me

Company: Dontnod
    Release Date: May, 2013

The game is set in Paris. The player takes control of Nilin, an elite memory hunter who is not only incredibly athletic and trained in martial arts, but also has the special ability to access and modify people's memories. When her own memory is erased, Nilin begins her journey to reclaim her identity and discover how she can change the world.

Gameplay Video
    Remember Me Trailer

Looks highly ambitious...

13. Metro: Last Light

Company: THQ
    Release Date: March, 2013

It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within.

Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour...

Gameplay Video
    Metro: Last Light Trailer

12. Gears of War: Judgement

Company: People Can Fly & Epic Games
    Release Date: March 19, 2013

Gears of War: Judgment takes you back before the events of the original Gears of War trilogy to the immediate aftermath of Emergence Day — the defining event of the Gears of War universe.

Follow Kilo Squad, led by Damon Baird and Augustus The Cole Train Cole, as they fight to save the city of Halvo Bay from an unstoppable enemy in the most intense Gears game yet. Gears of War: Judgment introduces a variety of new multiplayer experiences, including OverRun, a thrilling new class-based competitive mode that will pit Locust and COG soldiers in a head-to-head battle unlike anything Gears fans have experienced yet.

Gameplay Video
    Gears of War: Judgement Trailer

11. Dead Space 3

Company: Visceral Games
    Release Date: February 5, 2013

Dead Space 3 brings Isaac Clarke and merciless soldier John Carver on a journey across space to discover the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Crash-landed on the frozen planet of Tau Volantis, Isaac must comb the harsh environment for raw materials and scavenged parts. He will then put his engineering skills to the ultimate test to create and customise weapons and survival tools. The ice planet holds the key to ending the Necromorph plague forever, but first Isaac must overcome avalanches, treacherous ice-climbs, and the violent wilderness. Facing deadlier evolved enemies and the brutal elements, Isaac can choose to team up, not only for his own survival, but for that of mankind’s. Play together with a friend or go it alone as Isaac Clarke using the seamless new drop in, drop out co-op functionality. Each mode offers unique story elements and gameplay.

Gameplay Video
    Dead Space 3 trailer

10. BioShock Infinite

Company: Irrational Games
    Release Date: February 26, 2013

Welcome to the city of Columbia. Floating amongst the clouds, cruising far above sea level, this is a place unlike any you've ever seen. Please enjoy your voyage...

The third game in the popular Bioshock series, BioShock Infinite breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into a floating city held aloft by dirigibles. The game is set in 1912. You play as Booker DeWitt, a disgraced former private detective who's picked up a new case. Your goal is to find Elizabeth, a young woman who's gone missing and return her unharmed. The only problem is that she's being kept on this flying city. Columbia was once a symbol of America's success as a nation, floating around the world as a traveling World's Fair, a marvel of human innovation. But strange things have happened since Columbia's unveiling in 1900, and now the city has disappeared into the clouds. DeWitt knows how to find it, but over the years stories have been told about Columbia having unlawful heavy armament and deranged citizenry. Do not expect this to be a pleasure cruise.

Gameplay Video
    BioShock Infinite Trailer

9. God of War: Ascension

Company: SCE Studios Santa Monica
    Release Date: March 12, 2013

God of War: Ascension returns players to the storyline of the epic God of War franchise. Join Kratos as he seeks freedom, redemption and the clarity to avenge his family. Or seek your own glory in epic 8-player mutliplayer battles.

Gameplay Video
    God of War: Ascension Trailer

8. Beyond: Two Souls

Company: Quantic Dream
    Release Date: Q2 2013

From the makers of the award-winning Heavy Rain™ comes a unique, psychological action thriller. Featuring a brand-new game engine, a compelling, original story, and a top-notch Hollywood cast; Beyond: Two Souls offers a sophisticated, technologically advanced, immersive gaming experience on PlayStation 3.

Live the remarkable life of Jodie Holmes, a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through a psychic link to an invisible entity. Experience the most striking moments of Jodie’s life as your actions and decisions determine her fate. As she traverses the globe, Jodie will face incredible challenges against a backdrop of emotionally-charged events never before seen in a video game.

Gameplay Video
    Beyond: Two Souls trailer

7. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Company: Kojima Productions
    Release Date: TBA (Anticipated Date Q4 2013)

The first game on the FOX Engine, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is an open-world entry into the Metal Gear franchise, with even more dynamic stealth action thanks to more complicated play techniques that allow gamers to outwit and outmatch the enemy even after an alert has been activated.

Gameplay Video
    Ground Zeroes Trailer

Potential to challenge GTA 5, in my honest opinion. Just not enough info yet...

6. Tomb Raider

Company: Crystal Dynamics
    Release Date: March 5, 2013

Tomb Raider delivers an intense and gritty story of the origins of Lara Croft and her ascent from frightened young woman to hardened survivor, armed with only raw instincts and the physical ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance. Superb physics-based gameplay is paired with a heart-pounding narrative in Lara's most personal, character-defining adventure to date.

Gameplay Video
    Tomb Raider Trailer

Could potentially challenge the Uncharted series for best graphics, best adventure game out there...

Default Re: 15 Games You All Will Probably Get (in 2013)

5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

Company: Ubisoft Montreal, Red Storm Entertainment
    Release Date: TBA 2013

[I]Rainbow 6: Patriots offers a dynamic single-player storyline and innovative co-op and multiplayer experiences for fans of the tactical shooter series. Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the "True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country. Playing as Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.

In addition to the immersive single-player storyline, Tom Clancy

Is AGENT, "The Agency" that people at Sony were so ecstatic about at E3 a couple years ago?

I have a feeling that I will probably get GT3 and Tomb Raider. I've been following Tomb Raider and I really want that franchise to be revived properly. One of those games that used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.

I'm interested in AGENT though.

Good list and write- up. Cheers.
    Last edited by Just2McFly; 12-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Is AGENT, "The Agency" that people at Sony were so ecstatic about at E3 a couple years ago?
    No completely different project.
    Agent has a website with no trailer, game footage or even pictures. Rockstar is their developer and it has a premise; that's enough for me to get excited.

They have been working on this title since 2007; it was announced on E3 in 2009 and still no follow-up. But look at GTA 5 and how hush-hush Rockstar were about leaking any info about the title.

They like to keep things quiet, I expect this game to be insane.

The new Rainbow Six game won't be released any time soon.

Anyway, the only sure buys are probably GTA 5, Watch Dogs, and Metro Last Light.

Banned

gta 5, watch dogs, last of us, and bioshock infinite are ones im looking forward to

dead space is always fun too, interested to see how well the co-op campaign works out. survival horror co-op if done right is quite fun

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Here's my list for 2013 in no order:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Crysis 3
    Tomb Raider
    God of War: Ascension
    Gears or War Judgement
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    Dead Island Riptide
    The Last of Us

bioshock infinite is pre-order purchase for me. the rest i'll probably get during sales. gta v would be a guarantee pre-order, but id rather wait for pc port. c'mon rockstar!

GTA
    GOWJ

don't give $00.2 about anything else so far...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Excellent write ups.

For me, I grew up on Tomb Raider, and if I hear it's been done well, that would be great.

Beyond Two Souls: Frankly it's been a year since I played Quantic's Heavy Rain, and I still don't know if I liked it or not. I'd check out reviews on this. I'd possibly buy it if it rated well enough.

I've really enjoyed the Dead Space series so far. But I gotta say they do get to feeling a little monotonous. I'd buy this though unless I heard something terrible.

I heard really good things about that first Metro game. It sounds like something I'd like, but I gotta draw the line somewhere, and with the time I have to play, I usually cut it off at stuff that isn't AAA release type titles. It's unfortunate, but there's only so much I can do.

This is the first I've heard of Remember Me, and frankly it sounds pretty cool. But much like Metro, I just don't know if I have the time to commit to game by a company I've never played anything with, not Capcom, but Dontnod. But I'd certainly keep tabs on the reviews and see where they took me. The gameplay video looks awesome, and very much like it borrowed pretty heavily from the Assassin's Creed mechanics, so this would get a very strong maybe from me.

Agent, I'd say the same thing as most people ... it's Rockstar. I'd give it a shot for sure. But I was horribly disappointed with LA Noir, but whatever, I trust them enough to roll my 60 bucks worth of dice. I also don't think it's coming out anytime soon.

Grand Theft Auto V ... I'm already Pre-Ordered.

The Last of Us I'm also already pre-ordered on. I can't think any more highly of a video game than I do of the Uncharted Series, so once I found out these guys were doing this, it was an automatic for me. But then finding out it was a post apocolytic open world survival game ... I mean that's why I'm considering buying Metro, and that's a company I don't know and it's first person, so this was a gimme. I was under the impression it was coming out this year though. Frankly I'm fine if it doesn't, I'm still finishing ACIII, and I have Hitman on the shelf.

And Finally, Watchdogs. Much like above, I hold Assassin's Creed in extremely high regard, and with Ubisoft behind this, plus the 20 minute gameplay video I've watched, this is an automatic preorder for me too.

A lot of interesting games, not enough time. I'm definitely getting Splinter Cell: Blacklist, it seems like the story is finally going away from the whiny Sam Fisher of Double Agent and Conviction to taking-care-of-business Sam Fisher. I hope you're able to play much more stealthily than those two as well.

Watchdogs and The Last of Us were on my list as well but I hadn't heard of others that piqued my interest like Agent, Remember Me, and Beyond: Two Souls. I'll eventually play the new MGS as well but it won't be a priority.

Good thread.

GTA 5 thats about it.

2k14 and GTA.

Anything else will probably end up being an impulse purchase (like 80% of my collection is right now).

3-time NBA All-Star

Before this thread, I was absolutely planning on pre-ordering Tomb Raider, GTA V, and The Last of Us.... and will now be looking out for Watch Dogs and Agent

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Bioshock Inifinite and The Last Of Us. The rest are maybes. And I have absolutely zero interest in GTA5. I didn't like GTA4 at all. Hell I'll be buying Lego City Undercover over it.