Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Illinois (10) @ Missouri (12) ESPN2

ABout 10mins left and so far this game as been exciting AF. Both teams playing really physical and scrappy.

57-56 Mizzou
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Illinois (10) @ Missouri (12) ESPN2

Best game thread ever?

Pressey is having a ridiculous game. 1-17 from the field. Oriakhi was a nice pick up tho.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I'm proud of our guys. We usually make a lot of those threes and will continue to have to keep shooting. It was a tough game to lose, but for the rest of the season we will still live and die by that three. It's just the way we're constructed.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I'm proud of our guys. We usually make a lot of those threes and will continue to have to keep shooting. It was a tough game to lose, but for the rest of the season we will still live and die by that three. It's just the way we're constructed.

I think we kinda threw it away. Settled a bit too much. People got scared to shoot. They stuck us hard on 3s, we should have done something else. The only one who got clean looks was Griff for a couple.

Was glad about the physicality, though. I mean, Missouri is a tough team, and we might not have won, but given the way the game went, we could have done a bit better in the clutch.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I think we kinda threw it away. Settled a bit too much. People got scared to shoot. They stuck us hard on 3s, we should have done something else. The only one who got clean looks was Griff for a couple.

Was glad about the physicality, though. I mean, Missouri is a tough team, and we might not have won, but given the way the game went, we could have done a bit better in the clutch.

-Smak

I don't think players got scared to shoot. Shots just didn't fall that normally fell for us. The fact that we weren't intimidated by the physicality only signals to me that we weren't playing scared.

We just missed shots. We had plenty of open jumpers that didn't fall and it will continue to be that way since we rely on the three heavily. The only thing I think could've been better is Brandon to continue attacking the basket as he had a smaller guy on him all night. However, Bertrand stepped up big in his place in the 2nd half, but we fell short.

Tough loss, but it was bound to happen. Time to get back to winning.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: