Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default top ten european players not in the nba.

there is a thread about the top ten european players and it ended up with lists that included Tim Duncan and nocioni?!
    So How about a top ten of european players,who do not play in the NBA.
    Mine would be the following.
    1/Rudy Fernandez
    2/Matiaz Smodis
    3/Nikola vujcic
    4/Theo Papaloukas
    5/Saras Jasikevicius
    6/Arvydas Macijauskas.
    7/dimitrios diamantidis
    8/jaka Lakovic.
    9/Felipe Reyes
    10/Danilo Galinari.

I am sure I could make 4 or 5 of this lists,such is the quality.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Default Re: top ten european players not in the nba.

mine would be
    1- Rudy Fernandez
    2- Sarunas Jasikevicius
    3- Theo Papaloukas
    4- Arvydas Macijauskas
    5- Matias Smodis
    6- Nikola Vujcic
    7- Felipe Reyes
    8- Dimitris Diamantidis
    9- Danilo Galinari
    10- Either Jaka Lakovic or Gianluca Basile(haven't heard from him in a while)

Nice list, mine is pretty similar in the names, but not in the order:

1/Matiaz Smodis - The most complete player right now, IMO
    2/dimitrios diamantidis - Another "total player", great defense, great offense. Best player of the year for many people.
    3/Nikola vujcic - I had my doubts because of his injury. Let's see how he recover, but he was the real deal in the paint
    4/Theo Papaloukas - A real leader, always there when is needed
    5/S. Jasikevicius - The heart, the soul and the skills. Could climb some spots in my list for next year
    6/Rudy Fernandez - Spectacular in any sense
    7/jaka Lakovic. - The best 3p shooting PG I have seen for years in Europe. A real difference maker also with his drives and assists.
    8/F. Reyes - The toughest close to the rim, and his jumper is getting range. Could he end up nailing the 3's in the near future?
    9/A. Macijauskas. - Almost unstoppable when he is in shape, but a bit unidimensional
    10/ Marc Gasol - A bit (well, a lot) homer here, but I think the guy leading the MVP ranking in ACB needs to be mentioned here. Close competition to Gallinari, Pekovic, and maybe Igor Rakocevic.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Nice list, mine is pretty similar in the names, but not in the order:

1/Matiaz Smodis - The most complete player right now, IMO
    2/dimitrios diamantidis - Another "total player", great defense, great offense. Best player of the year for many people.
    3/Nikola vujcic - I had my doubts because of his injury. Let's see how he recover, but he was the real deal in the paint
    4/Theo Papaloukas - A real leader, always there when is needed
    5/S. Jasikevicius - The heart, the soul and the skills. Could climb some spots in my list for next year
    6/Rudy Fernandez - Spectacular in any sense
    7/jaka Lakovic. - The best 3p shooting PG I have seen for years in Europe. A real difference maker also with his drives and assists.
    8/F. Reyes - The toughest close to the rim, and his jumper is getting range. Could he end up nailing the 3's in the near future?
    9/A. Macijauskas. - Almost unstoppable when he is in shape, but a bit unidimensional
    10/ Marc Gasol - A bit (well, a lot) homer here, but I think the guy leading the MVP ranking in ACB needs to be mentioned here. Close competition to Gallinari, Pekovic, and maybe Igor Rakocevic.
    Good to see that our lists are similar,or maybe not,it could mean that there aren't that many.I like to think not.Yes Marc gasol has been fantastic,shame he decided to stay at akasvayu and not play for barca,mind you probably the best decision for him,I am obviously biased on that one.Plus I believe him and his bro Pau are espanyol fans so not so much attachement to barca!lol.I think there are loads of other very good players but these 12 players or so mentioned stand out.
    I would mention the likes of siskauskas,kaukenas,Spanoulis,Cabezas,Gurovic(when he is in a good spell),Kristof Lavrinovic,also a few players in uleb like khalid el amin from turk telecom or Jagla from DKV Joventud both young,I think Jagla will play in the NBA in a few years.7ft ,takes 3pts.Also young slovenian guard goran dragic who plays for olimpia in the euroleague.Sorry I thought I'd put Ricky Rubio in there,just realised i missed him out.he would be in my top 7 atleast.He is amazing,seen him play live,his defence is great for someone so young.he averaged 7 steals in the euroleague in a spell of 4 games aged 16.only just turned 17.he is begining to hit 3s and put big scoring numbers too.He will be great,already a super player.
    Last edited by la bomba; 12-10-2007 at 07:55 PM.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    there is a thread about the top ten european players and it ended up with lists that included Tim Duncan and nocioni?!
    So How about a top ten of european players,who do not play in the NBA.
    Mine would be the following.
    1/Rudy Fernandez
    2/Matiaz Smodis
    3/Nikola vujcic
    4/Theo Papaloukas
    5/Saras Jasikevicius
    6/Arvydas Macijauskas.
    7/dimitrios diamantidis
    8/jaka Lakovic.
    9/Felipe Reyes
    10/Danilo Galinari.
    You obviously not well informed, your best player Rudy Fernandez is hurt and doesn't even play in the euroleague. The only players that belong on the list is Smodis.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    I would mention the likes of siskauskas,kaukenas,Spanoulis,Cabezas,Gurovic(when he is in a good spell),Kristof Lavrinovic,also a few players in uleb like khalid el amin from turk telecom or Jagla from DKV Joventud both young,I think Jagla will play in the NBA in a few years.7ft ,takes 3pts.Also young slovenian guard goran dragic who plays for olimpia in the euroleague.Sorry I thought I'd put Ricky Rubio in there,just realised i missed him out.he would be in my top 7 atleast.He is amazing,seen him play live,his defence is great for someone so young.he averaged 7 steals in the euroleague in a spell of 4 games aged 16.only just turned 17.he is begining to hit 3s and put big scoring numbers too.He will be great,already a super player.
    Yeah, there are a lot. Siskauskas was also one of my possible picks for the 10th spot. Jagla could be a poorman's Dirk, but he needs to improve in many areas, although he is showing his talent. Ricky will be THE player in a couple of years, but since he is so young I decided to keep him out for now, although he could be there. He will be amazing (he already is) and a #1 in Europe and in NBA. I'm pretty sure of that.

Post Re: top ten european players not in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    You obviously not well informed, your best player Rudy Fernandez is hurt and doesn't even play in the euroleague. The only players that belong on the list is Smodis.
    Obviusly the not well informed is you. Rudy is already recovered and only missed 3 games. What if his team doesn't play Euroleague? Does it mean a player is worse due to that? I don't think he is the top player today, but he surely is in the Top 10. I would love to see your list if you think only Smodis should be there.

Obviusly the not well informed is you. Rudy is already recovered and only missed 3 games. What if his team doesn't play Euroleague? Does it mean a player is worse due to that? I don't think he is the top player today, but he surely is in the Top 10. I would love to see your list if you think only Smodis should be there.
    Rudy isn't the best player outside in the nba because he isn't even the best player in the ULEB or the ACB and Danilo Gallinari isn't the tenth best player in the euroleague. It's obvious that La Bomba is a new fan of the euroleague and uleb.

Rudy isn't the best player outside in the nba because he isn't even the best player in the ULEB or the ACB and Danilo Gallinari isn't the tenth best player in the euroleague. It's obvious that La Bomba is a new fan of the euroleague and uleb.
    So who are the best for you?

I was also deciding between Siskauskas, Kaukenas and a few other guys, but I think you could argue the last 3-5 spots on the top 10. And Ricky Rubio is still not yet a superstar, he is very good, VERY good, but since he has about as many years to play as he is alive, I think he'll be in top 5, maybe #1 in a few years.

So who are the best for you?
    I don't know stats don't translate into euroleague like the nba. Smodis, Tiago Splitter, maybe Trajan Langdon or his teammates. CSKA could have five of the best ten players in europe and it's hard to rank CSKA's players. I would have to wait for the second stage to figure out the top ten.

Smodis is the only European you listed. Tiago Splitter is Brazilian and Langdon is American. Didn't you read the name of the topic?

I don't know stats don't translate into euroleague like the nba. Smodis, Tiago Splitter, maybe Trajan Langdon or his teammates. CSKA could have five of the best ten players in europe and it's hard to rank CSKA's players. I would have to wait for the second stage to figure out the top ten.
    1st of all I am not new to euroleague or Uleb!!I have been following european basketball well before the ULEB was conceived!Secondly you are obviously the one that doesn't have a clue,you can't even make a top ten list and when you do you mention an american and a brazilian out of three.
    Thirdly DKV JOventud currently lead the ACB(the fact that they are not in the Euroleague means jack****!)Are Brose basketball club,roanne,prokom,zalgiris,virtus,milano,partizan ,aris better than DKV?chances are they are not.CSKA players?you said rudy shouldn't count cause he is injured?He has missed 3 or 4 games,half the cska team is injured!Papaloukas,smodis and savrasenko.So the only europeans left are Zisis,Pashutin(who rarely plays) and siskauskas,plus a host of russian players like vorontsevich who don't feature much.
    I mean really you have done justice to your name.

You would have to wait to the second stage?You obviously are the one that doesn't know the players well enough to make a judgement,what you waiting for?stats so you can base your order on them?

How can smodis be the only one that should be in that list?Its not very contraversial,Papaloukas?diamantidis?Vujcic?I mean who would your other 9 be?By the sounds of it a lot of non-europeans for starters.You probably think the best player in the euroleague is will Bynum.