Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Best guard prospect: Derrick Rose/Ricky Rubio/OJ Mayo/Eric Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I bet I have a post somewhere in this thread saying Gordon was going to take time to develop and would have plenty of troubles his rookie year. I am a great judge of talent.
    Troubles?

Since Gordon was inserted as a starter in December is averaging over 18 points a game with a TS% of over 60.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Troubles?

Since Gordon was inserted as a starter in December is averaging over 18 points a game with a TS% of over 60.
    Not good with self-depricating sarcasm?

For me it's:

Gordon - Already plays like a vet, with a ton of upside. Has a beautiful stroke from 3, and gets to the rim agressively (and often). I'm really high on this guy, so just call me a homer if you must.

Rose - Tons of potential, and the ability to play the point effectively, as well as score in bunches. If he develops a consistant jumper, watch out.

Mayo - Currently the most complete player. Less upside than Rose and Gordon, but he's looking like a gauranteed solid career.

Rubio - I just haven't seen enough to place him over the other guys. When he plays a season of NBA ball I'll evaluate.

Banned

Rubo got his own shoe now and his got his own set of signature moves...Nike knows whats up.

Ricky Rubio Euro Step - those guys never had a chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3TXMbKgVE

Ricky Rubio Sig No Look Pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLkVnArx2g

Wow this kid is gonna be a force

Some Rubio stuff against team usa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5mpST596qU

Banned

Ricky Rubio Euroleague

rookie year

34.8 FG%
    16.7 3 PT%
    76.6 Ft%

3.6 PPG
    2.4 RPG
    2.8 APG

3.2 SPG
    0.1 BPG

1.9 TOPG

second year

30.0 FG%
    33.3 3 PT%
    62.5 Ft%

2.4 PPG
    2.4 RPG
    2.8 APG

1.8 SPG
    0.1 BPG

2.4 TOPG

And I know everyone says he was injured which is true, but look at him in the ACB when he plays a big Euroleague club, he doesn't lead his team to victories and just racks up stats in an offense that lets him do whatever and play however. He's certainly not bringing wins and overall impact like some other guys do in the ACB. And when a Spanish homer jumps in starts their nonsense just know these are the biggest sports homers in the world. Remember according to these same people Fernandez is better than Kobe, when in fact he was never even the best guy in Spain.

I have to say Rubio is definitely the most talented of these players being discussed in this thread, but let's hold off on some of this ludicrous hype. He's 18 years old, he's not ready yet.

And all this ACB hype is nonsense. It's like Spanish basketball fans have taken over the basketball hype machine in the whole world. The ACB isn't all that good of a league, it's nowhere close to the level of the Euroleague. They already did this same thing with how they insanely over hyped Jasikevicius and Fernandez, who were never anything special at all in Europe.

But to hear Spanish fans talk they were unbelievable. Meanwhile, guys like Marc Gasol and Luis Scola who were actually the better players in Spain didn't get one mention. Rubio is the golden boy of this Spanish hype machine.

He's 10 times more talented than Rudy Fernandez is, but let's try to stay objective. He's not even one of the better players in Europe yet. He really should not declare for the draft, he's not ready.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 03-18-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Magic Johnson

I would take Derrick Rose over Eric Gordon, even though Gordon has been an absolute monster this year and has the makings of a franchise player. As for Rubio, I haven't seen him play very much, but he's supposed to possess a great basketball IQ and if I'm New York I try to get him in the draft this summer or next. OJ Mayo's future looks blurry to me. He's got a lot of talent, but I don't ever see him reaching the level of a Kobe or even a Brandon Roy.

Mayo is the best player he is putting up numbers as a rookie that Kobe didn't start doing until his 3rd season.

1. OJ Mayo
    2. Eric Gordon
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Brandon Jennings
    5. Rick Rubio

If we were to rank.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Mayo is the best player he is putting up numbers as a rookie that Kobe didn't start doing until his 3rd season.

1. OJ Mayo
    2. Eric Gordon
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Brandon Jennings
    5. Rick Rubio

If we were to rank.
    Alright with this. You can say Mayo is a good player or whatever you want but cmon you can't be this idiotic. Mayo was the third pick, Kobe was the 13th pick out of high school. Lower expectations plus not even starting what do you expect? Also he joined a good established team unlike Mayo. And just face it, the list is like this. A great overall player in Gordon who can do everything including attacking, getting free throws and shooting mid range to threes. He also isn't the greatest passer but he isn't bad. In the words of Stephen Jackson "He's a franchise player" OJ on the other hand is a pure shooter with a little variety like Ray Allen.

1. Eric Gordon
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. OJ Mayo

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

mayo

I'll go with O.J.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore xOShakespearexO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I'll go with O.J.
    what he said

Made that high school varsity squad

D-Rose will own all this guys, although im spanish and i like Ricky Rubio.

Rubio is definitely legit. I undersold Derrick Rose(really didn't like him at Memphis. Boy was I wrong. I knew he would be an all star and a great player but never thought he would be so good so early.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 01-08-2012 at 04:30 PM.