Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe 81

Not airballing my layups anymore Legend's Avatar

Default Kobe 81

What was your experience to Kobe's 81. What i mean is what were your expresion before and after you found out about the greatest offensive game in recent times.

> I was sleeping and woke in the middle of the night (for just a while thought)to see in the bottom line of ESPN Deportes: LAL Bryant 81 pionts(in spanish).

>I woke in the morning laughing telling my brotha (a crazy Kobe fan) i dreamt Kobe scored 81 points and that he couldnt do that. Yeah right . Only to be watching SportsCenter and Kobe's 81 point highlights.

Next is LeBron James

Default Re: Kobe 81

I, too wasn't watching. I was like, wth, it's the Raptors, who gives a flyng **** about this game.
    Then I woke up, didn't even turn on the computer to see the score but I did turn the TV on and there it was, in the Croatian news they said Kobe scored 81.

And I was like...woooow baby.

At first I was shocked. Then happy. Then shocked. Then like wow.
    Didn't go to school that day but went to have a drink with some friends instead.

And when I came back home I spent the whole day online.

But I can't quite explain how I felt.

I always knew Kobe would do something like that like now I know he"ll still win a few championships but it still caught me off guard.
    So while I was suprised, in a way I was like "it's destiny, you know it was bound to happen".. so yeah, mixed reactions mostly.

All my friends had "81!!!" in the MSN name or were messaging each other about it. I didn't watch the game either because I didn't think it would be anything special. I woke up the next morning and turned on the radio and heard: "In sports news, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers scored 81 points last night against the Toronto Raptors."

Got up, ran on the computer and it was just about everywhere.

It made me sick. What a horrible display that game was. What a bunch of damn wiener kids the Raptors were for not sending the guy gunning for points to the deck hard. Where was their self-respect? I don't care if you get ejected, you don't take that sh!t from anyone. For the last several minutes of the game, it was all about Kobe getting points. I was watching the game live, yelling at the TV for the Raps to smarten up.
    Not only were the Raps not fouling, but Smitch had guys like Joey Graham, Matt Bonner, etc. trying to guard Kobe and didn't use ball denial when the Lakers were obviously trying to get him the ball. It was just horrid to watch.
    I lost all faith in the toughness of the NBA after that game. Guys like Oakley wouldn't have let that happen, but these kids these days are as soft as Kwame Brown's labia. Seriously, why didn't anyone foul him? Even if you just did a regular foul, he'd have to earn his points at the
    line, not gunning for points in a game that was already over.

I went to NBA.com as usual and clicked on the boxscores without really looking at the headlines. I looked at the Lakers vs Raptors game, thought Mike James had a nice game of 26 and 10... then I saw the 81 points for Kobe and thought it was a typo

I was watching the game in the library, will doing work..Looked up and was like no why...I told a couple of people and 5 minutes later there are 10-15 people watching the game in the library...

But imo the 62 in 3 quarters was more impressive...i think he would have got at least 80 that game..

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

the first time i heard it was with my classmate. where at school discussing the current events at class, and he joked about it being the main headline of all. including politics, etc.
    so, i didn't take it seriously..
    and when i got home... lo and behold. there's the "joke". its in the headline
    KOBE SCORES 81, MAKES HISTORY

I didn't watch the game... Woke up that morning and checked the scores of the games... Of course, news of the 81 poing game was everywhere. I read the recaps and then immediately logged into ISH. Almost every single thread on the first page was about the game with the exception of a game thread for the Seattle game.

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    It made me sick. What a horrible display that game was. What a bunch of damn wiener kids the Raptors were for not sending the guy gunning for points to the deck hard. Where was their self-respect? I don't care if you get ejected, you don't take that sh!t from anyone. For the last several minutes of the game, it was all about Kobe getting points. I was watching the game live, yelling at the TV for the Raps to smarten up.
    Not only were the Raps not fouling, but Smitch had guys like Joey Graham, Matt Bonner, etc. trying to guard Kobe and didn't use ball denial when the Lakers were obviously trying to get him the ball. It was just horrid to watch.
    I lost all faith in the toughness of the NBA after that game. Guys like Oakley wouldn't have let that happen, but these kids these days are as soft as Kwame Brown's labia. Seriously, why didn't anyone foul him? Even if you just did a regular foul, he'd have to earn his points at the
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkqmvyIoHA
    Last edited by MaxFly; 08-21-2007 at 09:18 AM.

honestly I think the best part of Kobe's big games is when you see the look on the defenders faces when he really starts getting hot..They look helpless...Sometimes its like they break...I'll never forget the facial expression Dahntay Jones or Josh Howard had this year after Kobe killed him, it was like he broke his will..

I dont really see that happen with any other player in the league

Although I do bet that the first reaction of some people was "how many shots did he take, how many assists he had"

I turned on the tv when it was at the tail end of the game. I went to ESPNews to check highlights. I saw "Kobe Bryant: 79 Points" and I was like . I went to the Laker game just to make sure it was real and it wasn't a typo. Then I saw Kobe hit the final 2 freethrows that gave him 81.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    that's pretty much how i felt after watching it, kobe put up at least 20 shots in the last 5 mins. he had 60, the game was over and every time he got the ball he chucked it up. taking the worst shots possible and missing most of them. he got fouled shooting a 3 twice and flopped a few times.

jordans 69 was way more impressive
    i'd even go as far as saying that crawfords 52 was more amazing considering that he hit 16 straight. crawford only played 39mins and went 20-30 after missing his first 4 shots and only scoring 3 in the 1st quarter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxKEou4vPHk

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    that's pretty much how i felt after watching it, kobe put up at least 20 shots in the last 5 mins. he had 60, the game was over and every time he got the ball he chucked it up. taking the worst shots possible and missing most of them. he got fouled shooting a 3 twice and flopped a few times.

i'd even go as far as saying that crawfords 52 was more amazing considering that he hit 16 straight. crawford only played 39mins and went 20-30 after missing his first 4 shots and only scoring 3 in the 1st quarter.
    and I would go as far as to say that whole post is factually wrong...that Kobe's 62 in 3 quarters was more impressive then Jordan's 69 in OT.

And I would go onto say the Kobe has around 20 high scoring game more impressive then Crawfords..

Banned

Kobe is the greatest scorer since Wilt and his 81 point game is the most impressive scoring game of all time (surpassing Wilt's 100 IMO).

Kobe in (some former Bulls player) era would completely tear up the league, especially if you consider the defenders he would be facing on a nightly basis. Craig Ehlo, Jeff Malone, Danny Ainge, Paul Pressey, Roy Hinson, Gerald Wilkens, Gerald Henderson, etc......gimme a break.

This is the CRAP that the so-called "G.O.A.T." was dominating on a nightly basis while scoring 37 PPG in 1986-87.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman

Co-sign!