Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Absolute prime MJ (93-94)is only a two game impact player

93 Bulls = 57 wins (Jordan)
    94 Bulls = 55 wins (No Jordan)

Default Re: Absolute prime MJ (93-94)is only a two game impact player

so.. what happened in the playoffs without him?

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    couple bad call away from the finals. refs had to come in and save MJ's legacy (wouldn't be a good look if the Bulls made the finals without him)

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Wow that is like Kyrie when he left Cavs they went from 51 wins to 50

Mike = +2
    Kyrie = +1

Both at their primes

couple bad call away from the finals. refs had to come in and save MJ's legacy (wouldn't be a good look if the Bulls made the finals without him)
    you sure it wasn't anthony mason shutting pippen down and forcing air balls in the crunch??

I know you don't even know who that is..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Not even a 2 game impact player. Scottie missed 10 games early in the season where the Bulls went 4-6. They could have won 60 if he stayed healthy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    Wait, you mean a team should be as successful as they were the previous season when they lose the best player in the world and replace him with Pete fukking Myers? You've really become an insufferable fukkwit on the board lately.

3-time NBA All-Star

That's what happens when you play for a great coach in a great system. What do you think would happen if LeBron played on the spurs for Greg pop and he left? Do you think they would go from 60 wins to 20 or would they go from 60 to mid 50's?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    That's what happens when you play for a great coach in a great system. What do you think would happen if LeBron played on the spurs for Greg pop and he left? Do you think they would go from 60 wins to 20 or would they go from 60 to mid 50's?
    True, but Lebron rejected coaching from literally everyone, including Walton, Lue, Blatt, and Spolestra

He always ran lebron-ball instead of getting coached, so the next Phil Jackson wasn't allowed

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    True, but Lebron rejected coaching from literally everyone, including Walton, Lue, Blatt, and Spolestra

He always ran lebron-ball instead of getting coached, so the next Phil Jackson wasn't allowed
    Yeah that's true that's why even as a Bron fan I don't use coaching as an excuse for why LeBron has underachieved. Mj's willingness to be coached and sacrifice his stats a little is one of the reasons why mj is a better leader and winner.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Yeah that's true that's why even as a Bron fan I don't use coaching as an excuse for why LeBron has underachieved. Mj's willingness to be coached and sacrifice his stats a little[COLOR="DarkRed"] is one of the reasons why mj is a better leader and winner.[/COLOR]
    And player

It's common knowledge that a system gets the most out of role players - so any coach would prefer to get 28/7/7 from lebron within a SYSTEM, than not within one

But obviously, lebron isn't capable of this - lebron never asked to do it and coaches have never asked him because it's intuitive that it's outside his skillset - he doesn't have the skill get to 30+ in a system - only Kobe, Bird, and MJ could tbh

The eye test confirms his lack of quick decision upon the catch (ball-movement facilitation) - can you even imagine lebron taking "the shot" that MJ made? A floating hanging, contested mid-range?. Lebron is too mechanical for that, so he lacks the fliud skill needed to shoot deftly and have other quick scoring ability on the catch - without this, his plodding ball-domination doesn't fit into a system, so he can never play the ball-movement basketball that yields the best teams and wins the most rings.. he's simply inferior

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Wait, you mean a team should be as successful as they were the previous season when they lose the best player in the world and replace him with Pete fukking Myers? You've really become an insufferable fukkwit on the board lately.

The Jordan standard

So MJ benefitted from GOAT coach and GOAT #2 option

Thanks brody

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    And player

It's common knowledge that a system gets the most out of role players - so any coach would prefer to get 28/7/7 from lebron within a SYSTEM, than not within one

But obviously, lebron isn't capable of this - lebron never asked to do it and coaches have never asked him because it's intuitive that it's outside his skillset - he doesn't have the skill get to 30+ in a system - only Kobe, Bird, and MJ could tbh

The eye test confirms his lack of quick decision upon the catch (ball-movement facilitation) - can you even imagine lebron taking "the shot" that MJ made? A floating hanging, contested mid-range?. Lebron is too mechanical for that, so he lacks the fliud skill needed to shoot deftly and have other quick scoring ability on the catch - without this, his plodding ball-domination doesn't fit into a system, so he can never play the ball-movement basketball that yields the best teams and wins the most rings.. he's simply inferior
    Yes he's a better player too. I didn't mention that because Phil and his system didn't really help mj a better player as far as skill, athleticism and competitiveness. He was already elite in those areas before phil. The system just helped mj be a better winner.

I think you think because I'm a LeBron fan that I think he's better than mj. I don't I've always said mj was the better player. Mj is my favorite player of all time I just so happen to like Bron also. A rarity I know

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    So MJ benefitted from GOAT coach and GOAT #2 option

Thanks brody
    Yes of course he benefitted from a goat coach. Pips not even close to a goat second option though