Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default What does Harden need to do in the playoffs to be a respected player?

For me like many others, I recognize Harden's potential and know he has moments of brilliance, but for some reason I just don't trust him to lead a team in the playoffs. Last year is not really a good measurement. This year, however, the Rockets are in a position to make a deep run, and a lot of that will depend on Harden's poise, clutchness, and even leadership.

So my question is - for those of you who don't like Harden, what will he need to do in the playoffs and/or how far will the Rockets need to go for you to recognize him as a superstar player that will be a force for years to come?

I think most people sort of expect the Rockets to get bounced in the second round by either the Thunder, Clippers, or Spurs. So for me, if they can get to the WCF, that definitely makes him look good. In addition, he needs to put up good stats and specifically a good FG%

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: What does Harden need to do in the playoffs to be a respected player?

Honestly I just need him to show up and not succumb to the pressure and more intense defense.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

Default Re: What does Harden need to do in the playoffs to be a respected player?

carry his team, with 30+ points and less than 4 free throws a game, and taking good shots, not these lucky ones

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

no flop and good defense

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Shave the beard and cut the flopping

win?

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

He can start by cutting down the flopping.

Very good NBA starter

outside of flopping and lackadaisical defense, at least average more than .40 FG% as the #1 option in a series win... which should be doable.

against the Thunder last season, though, he shot 39.1 FG% (45-115 FG), including 7-22 FG in Game 6 against the westbrook-less team.

Just don't turn in to a chucker and launch desperation/lazy 3's is all I want to see. Don't mind the incessant driving, he's not the first to play that way, but ill advised 3's zap a teams flow

Avoid chucking, flopping and most of all losing. Then no one can say shit to him.

Quote Originally Posted by KrizMiz
    carry his team, with 30+ points and less than 4 free throws a game, and taking good shots, not these lucky ones
    You do realize no players ever averaged that in the history of the game, playoffs or not, right? Setting high enough standards for the kid?

stop flopping and play defense.

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    You do realize no players ever averaged that in the history of the game, playoffs or not, right? Setting high enough standards for the kid?

I don't think he meant for an entire season.

Stop the flopping, but that's asking for too much from him.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

probably show a bigger commitment to defense.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Just show up, play hard, lead his team into the second round or even farther.