Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default Spurs win to clinch the West...by 35.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Spurs win to clinch the West...by 35.

Im not sure how the Spurs arent the scariest team in the league right now.

They've literally steamrolled everyone

clinched the f*ck out of the west.

The amazing thing is how well Pop is managing minutes of his players and still getting easy wins. No matter who's out there, they still get easy buckets and knock down threes. There was almost no drop off when James Anderson, DeJuan Blair, and Patty Mills came in.

Book 'em Dan'l

50 wins is still atainable. the streak may continue.

I think its only fair that all Spurs fans take up a collection to pay World Peace's fine after sealing the deal for the number 1 seed

They gonna lose to jazz in first round

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Going to be funny when their play style is compromised in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. If the Jazz don't take them out you can guarantee that the Clippers or Grizzlies will.

Decent playground baller thelucifer69's Avatar

Don't get it Spurs play beautiful basketball and stay humble and ppl just want them out in 1 round unfair

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelucifer69
    Don't get it Spurs play beautiful basketball and stay humble and ppl just want them out in 1 round unfair
    I don't want anything from them. I like Pop, Duncan, and Ginobli, but I know a pretender when I see one. Their style of play just does not work in the playoffs. They are wonderfully coached, and I think it's great that Pop has put some of those pieces together perfectly to have amazing regular season success, but they will buckle under the grind of the playoffs.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelucifer69
    Thanks to linzomourning/moosejuicebowen. Some of the hate for that idiot spilled over to the Spurs since he made 10 threads a day about them. Irrational yes, but it's inevitable.

The Grizzlies will take them out. But I don't believe any other team would. They're stacked. Danny Green is very good. Thiago Splitter. DeJuan Blair. Boris Diaw. Stephen Jackson. Gary Neal. Not to mention Kawhi Leonard.

Then you consider their three best players.

The only thing I don't like about them is that I think Pop is going to play Ginboili off the bench again. And that's stupid. It always has been. At least since 2005. I know we're supposed to trust him and Ginobili off the bench is supposed to be some brilliant idea. It's stupid. "It" never worked. He's a great player and they're a great team, in spite of it. Playing off the bench now, when he's playing the best he's ever played and when Duncan is not the same...that's stupid.

Serious playground baller

These are not the same Spurs. These Spurs have legitimate wing defenders, and a guy like Diaw who is versatile to enough to play any position in the front court. Sleep on the Spurs if you will at your own peril.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Going to be funny when their play style is compromised in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. If the Jazz don't take them out you can guarantee that the Clippers or Grizzlies will.
    It's gonna be funny when you decide to watch nba and buy a clue.

Very good NBA starter

I think an underrated part of why they're doing well is - as sad as I am to say it - who they're not playing vs. who they are playing:

R. Jefferson - mailed it in all too often, man-man defense was ok at best, wasn't worth the $ (but SA got him for nothing)
    A. McDyess - A+ for effort, hustle, and heart, but his athleticism/speed was lacking and retirement seemed right
    G. Hill - an absolute killer at times, but inconsistent and was quiet often and maybe not somebody to build around
    A. Gee/Temple/Udoka/Simmons - all pretty much filler (A. Gee is decent), replaced by Leonard, Jackson, Diaw, and Green

The scary part is those guys ^ were all part of a 61 win team... But this current team is more youthful, deeper, and more active on offense and defense. Plus, Tiago is playing much more, and Duncan seems to have benefited from a deep team/shortened season.