Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Bucks & Dubs trade: Ellis + Udoh + Kwame for Bogut + SJax

"Ive might make it to the playoffs"
    "Not Bad"

Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

Trade became official overnight. Details on each player: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9421

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Thank you

Funny to see people acting like ellis is some great loss. Dude is a shot jacker with poor selection and a really weak %. Not to mention the inflated stats due to the pace they play at. Not surprised to see StrowShow (king of the highlight reel only player) is a fan.
    If Monta Ellis is "hot garbage" then the majority of the league is just garbage, without the hot. He may have his flaws, but he isn't any sort of garbage.

This is a great deal for the Warriors IMO.
    First, Ellis/Curry doesn't work, so while Ellis is a really good player, he's a player the Warriors don't really need, and to trade him for an elite Center is great for them. Who knows what SJax is going to do, maybe they'll flip him to another team. Udoh is solid but not great, Brown wasn't going to return next year anyway.

If Bogut can stay healthy then the Warriors made a great deal.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I think its terrific for both teams. Warriors are forming into a well-rounded ball club under Mark Jackson, and Curry is clearly the team's building block going forward, not Ellis. A frontline of Lee/Bogut is pretty scary if you ask me, and Capt Jack is still a productive player, esp considering he had his best years in Goldenstate.

Curry/Sjax/Wright/Lee/Bogut is easily an above average starting 5 when healthy

Bucks have struggled with scoring, and although a Jennings/Ellis backcourt raises eyebrows being undersized and high-usage, i think it'll work out alright for the short-term. Ellis has a very manageable contract for a guy that puts up those numbers, and if they do trade Jennings, he's a good guy to fall back on. Udoh is a nice project to work on, and totally a Scott Skiles kind of player. Kwame will be a good fill-in for the season and is coming off the books anyway.

Jennings/Ellis/Delfino/Ersan/Kwame
    with a bench of
    Beno/Dunleavy/Sanders/Udoh/Gooden

will make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    I think its terrific for both teams. Warriors are forming into a well-rounded ball club under Mark Jackson, and Curry is clearly the team's building block going forward, not Ellis. A frontline of Lee/Bogut is pretty scary if you ask me, and Capt Jack is still a productive player, esp considering he had his best years in Goldenstate.

Curry/Sjax/Wright/Lee/Bogut is easily an above average starting 5 when healthy

Bucks have struggled with scoring, and although a Jennings/Ellis backcourt raises eyebrows being undersized and high-usage, i think it'll work out alright for the short-term. Ellis has a very manageable contract for a guy that puts up those numbers, and if they do trade Jennings, he's a good guy to fall back on. Udoh is a nice project to work on, and totally a Scott Skiles kind of player. Kwame will be a good fill-in for the season and is coming off the books anyway.

Jennings/Ellis/Delfino/Ersan/Kwame
    with a bench of
    Beno/Dunleavy/Sanders/Udoh/Gooden

will make the playoffs
    I think our starting five will look more like this...

Jennings/Ellis/Mbah a Moute/Ilyasova/Gooden

Defino and Dunleavy will provide a scoring punch off the bench when Ellis/Jennings need a breather.

Kwame is out for most of the season, I believe. My guess is he'll never suit up as a Buck which is fine with me.

I have no idea what to expect. This could take us as high as the 6 seed....or we could end up missing the playoffs. It's too early to tell.

Yeah Kwame is most likely going to be out for the rest of the season and probably was only added for financial reasons.

I really believe Golden State should have asked for Brandon Jennings as well. Add another salary like Udrih and there you go.

Milwaukee will not go anywhere unless they trade Jennings. That's a bad combination.

I think both teams should have done more with this trade. And I think both teams are showing that their GM's lack heavy ambition. Tho this can be a great trade for the Warriors. They could actually be getting somewhere. The Bucks have to do more work.

And Monta Ellis has actually shot over 50% from the field before. He shot 53.1%, which is a staggering number for a guard...but a small, "chucking" guard? That's the MJ territory. He averaged 19.2PPG and that team, while missing the playoffs, won 48 games in the deepest Western Conference season ever.

He had Baron Davis...Davis is pretty stupid, because he wants to be, but he is a true PG and when he's good he's real good. Monta Ellis is a 2guard. You play him with a high end and high energy PG you'll see a beast. Him and Curry are kinda stupid together. They're both SG's and Curry doesn't command anything. But I do think they should have asked for Jennings back and taken another contract. The Bucks need more work than this, so they may as well have gotten off to a fast start and unloaded as much as they could. And there's no reason they shouldn't have asked for Jeremy Evans (unless Skiles would waste him, so I guess). Maybe even the Warriors should have sent Lee, not taken a contract, and asked for Jennings back.

Either way, they should have gotten Jennigns, I feel...and the Bucks really should have sent him away. At times, Livingston looks good again. He's smart, clever, tall, and a potentially solid PG to have next to Monta. At least to ride out the year. They won't make the playoffs, period.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

I wonder if orlando would trade jRich for SJax...

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    If Monta Ellis is "hot garbage" then the majority of the league is just garbage, without the hot. He may have his flaws, but he isn't any sort of garbage.
    Booz is just butt-hurt that the Bucks should now easily make the playoffs, whilst the Pistons are still ****ing trash.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    This is a great deal for the Warriors IMO.
    First, Ellis/Curry doesn't work, so while Ellis is a really good player, he's a player the Warriors don't really need, and to trade him for an elite Center is great for them. Who knows what SJax is going to do, maybe they'll flip him to another team. Udoh is solid but not great, Brown wasn't going to return next year anyways
    If Bogut can stay healthy then the Warriors made a great deal.
    Stupid to trade Ellis for an "IF" guy
    Way too much to give up for that......this is why they will continue to be a losing franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I have no idea what to expect. This could take us as high as the 6 seed....or we could end up missing the playoffs. It's too early to tell.
    Dude, you're fine.

The Knicks are killing themselves, and the Celtics play 17 of their final games on the road (and they are trash on the road). You guys play like, 17 of your final games at home.

Bucks are solidly in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY after this trade.

Jennings + Ellis will be nasty. In real life and on 2k.

pretty solid trade, for a couple of reasons.

Warriors have a top 7 protected pick in the 2012 draft. that means if its higher than a 7th pick the warriors don't get it.

they trade 2 starters in Udoh and Monta, and get back an injured Bogut. Seems to me like they figure to 'tank' the second half of the season, to make sure they get that pick. I think they should shut down curry the rest of the season too. let him heal. good trade for the warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    pretty solid trade, for a couple of reasons.

Warriors have a top 7 protected pick in the 2012 draft. that means if its higher than a 7th pick the warriors don't get it.

they trade 2 starters in Udoh and Monta, and get back an injured Bogut. Seems to me like they figure to 'tank' the second half of the season, to make sure they get that pick. I think they should shut down curry the rest of the season too. let him heal. good trade for the warriors.
    Pretty funny. An 18 win team in the East does a trade to get into the playoffs... and a 17 win team in the West does the trade to tank.

LEastern Conference lives on.