Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    While I'm a big fan of the series, I think Uncharted is somewhat overrated. Way too many shoot-outs. Each game can be summed up as "shoot-out, venture a small bit, shoot-out, cutscene, repeat".

One of the top games of this generation? Probably, yes. Greatest game in history? Hell no.
    Exactly.

And the random as hell third party in every game. Zombies, Yeti, and Djinns. Happens in a game? That's fine. Happens in two games? Okay....happens in 3 games?

Really good 9/10 games even 10/10 games, but definitely not GOAT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    I brought up ND's other games for a specific reason, as I've already explained to you. But my guess is you aren't aware of their team so I'll explain again. ND has two teams, they work on a project basis. The team that created Uncharted 2 and TLoU are the same team that is developing Uncharted 4. The other team developed Drake Fortune and Drake's Deception.

Why were you excited about Phantom Pain like a year ago? Because you expected greatness, right? Because they have never disappointed you.

I feel the same way about Uncharted 4 and from the gameplay (and everything else I've read about the game) it will be spectacular. I really have no doubt. That's why I brought up the other two games and the acclaim they received from both critics and players.
    More important than "teams" is the lead director/writer of a game. That being Amy Hennig for Uncharted 1/2/3. She's essentially the mastermind behind the trilogy's success, and now she's gone. That's not a good thing.

If we're comparing to MGS, that's similar to Kojima leaving Konami. I wouldn't have much faith at all in a Kojima-less MGS game.

More important than "teams" is the lead director/writer of a game. That being Amy Hennig for Uncharted 1/2/3. She's essentially the mastermind behind the trilogy's success, and now she's gone. That's not a good thing.

If we're comparing to MGS, that's similar to Kojima leaving Konami. I wouldn't have much faith at all in a Kojima-less MGS game.
    No it's not educate yourself about Amy before speaking.
    She had NO part in The Last of Us at all, and look at the game's success.

TLoU
    Directors of TLoU: Bruce Straley & Neil Druckmann
    Writer & Designer: Neil Druckmann

Amy had NO PART in developing TLoU.

Uncharted 2
    Directors: Bruce Straley & Amy Henning
    Designers: Neil Druckmann
    Writers: Neil Druckmann & Amy Henning

In fact, both Bruce & Neil were LEADS in Uncharted 2 & TLoU.
    And Uncharted 2 is (in most eyes) the best Uncharted out of the three.

Surprisingly, Amy was the LEAD for Drake's Deception and Drake's Fortune; two great games but are simply not on the level of Uncharted 2 or TLoU.

Go research those facts, I know what I'm talking about.
    Amy was the lead in both U1 & U3; Bruce was not involved.

Josh Scherr was Amy's partner during Drake's Deception.
    Neil Druckmann was Amy's partner during Drake's Fortune.

The mastermind (aka Kojima) is actually Bruce Straley and to an extent Neil Druckmann.

Neil was the DESIGNER for all 4 games and also the director.
    Amy was the director and writer, but she was only the lead for U1 & U3.

However, it's ironic how the two best games ND has produced were when Bruce was the director of the project. Amy had no part in TLoU at all and yet it's arguably the most successful game from Naughty Dog.

So again, you're off the page bruh.
    Last edited by West-Side; 09-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.

You guessed it, Bruce & Neil are the LEADS of Uncharted 4.
    They actually (just two months ago) hired two of the best developers in the business to help them "polish" the levels a bit.

Quit fact: Naughty Dog chose to let go of Amy because she had a difference of opinion regarding the direction of Uncharted 4 with Bruce & Neil.

Seeing as how Bruce & Neil were leads in ND's best selling titles in history; I'd say they made the right choice.

But yes, I'm by no means saying that Amy wasn't a huge part of the team. I'm just saying this is no where near the same as Kojima leaving bro. Bruce is the real mastermind of Naughty Dog.

Bruce Straley is an American game director, artist and designer for the video game developer Naughty Dog, known for his work in the video games The Last of Us and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Straley's first video game work was as an artist at Western Technologies Inc, where he worked on two titles. Following this, he worked as a designer on titles for different companies, prior to his employment at Crystal Dynamics, where he worked as a designer on Gex: Enter the Gecko and Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko.

Straley was employed at Naughty Dog in 1999. He worked as an artist on Crash Team Racing and the Jak and Daxter series. Following this, he became co-art director on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and was appointed to game director of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. He was later chosen to lead development on The Last of Us as game director, a role he continued during the development of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Straley has received praise for his work. In particular, his work on The Last of Us was highly praised, and the game received several awards and nominations.

More Success?

Bruce as director.
    Uncharted 2: 6.61 million sales - 96 critic rating - 88 user rating
    TLoU: 8.80 million sales - 95 critic rating - 91 user rating

Amy as director.
    Drake's Fortune: 4.86 million sales - 88 critic rating - 82 user rating
    Drake's Deception: 6.70 million sales - 92 critic rating - 83 user rating

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Exactly.

And the random as hell third party in every game. Zombies, Yeti, and Djinns. Happens in a game? That's fine. Happens in two games? Okay....happens in 3 games?

Really good 9/10 games even 10/10 games, but definitely not GOAT.
    Because MGS isn't over the line retarded with their villains.
    You get attached to the characters in Uncharted the same way you do in MGS.
    Both games are legendary in their own regard.

I could also write an essay about things that I don't like about MGS, but the point is: me and you guys have different preferences.

So lets just leave at there.
    Hope you guys are enjoying PP.

This is the most retarded discussion ever. Whenever you're comparing two excellent games, what you take away from a game is solely based on your personal preference.

Also, understand that you're claiming a game that has not yet been released will be the GOAT. What?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    This is the most retarded discussion ever. Whenever you're comparing two excellent games, what you take away from a game is solely based on your personal preference.

Also, understand that you're claiming a game that has not yet been released will be the GOAT. What?
    Come one dude, somethings you just know.
    When's the last time Grand Theft Auto wasn't exceptional?
    Even the worst games like GTA 4 or 5 were still very good.

Every time we hear about a MGS title or Mass Effect or Zelda etc. they just don't disappoint, why?

Because it's a proven formula.
    It's a series those developers take pride in and already have a sound foundation for building a kick ass game. That's why I fully expected GTA V to get great reviews, or Uncharted 3, or Phantom Pain.

I am considering the developer (Naughty Dog), mixing in their working formula and projecting that Uncharted 4 will blow people's minds.

The game-play looks insane; the fact that the developers at ND are taking over FOUR full fiscal periods to develop this game tells me it's going to be spectacular. It took them less than two years to develop U2 & U3 and only 30 months to develop TLoU from scratch. Uncharted 4's been in development for nearly 4 years.

It's an educated guess.
    It's not like I'm predicting a completely new IP is going to be the GOAT here; it's a proven formula.

tldr

MGS is agreed to be the greatest gaming franchise ever by most people and has better scores on IGN and Gamespot, if we want to look at public opinion.
    So is Uncharted. Widely regarded as one of, if not, the greatest.

what's so special about uncharted? it's good, but it's not amazing.
    Actually, it is regarded as amazing. Praise from both the media and gamers alike.

you're defending this series as if you work for naughty dog. in fact, you've been posting nothing but negative stuff about MGS 5 in its thread to make you feel better about your precious uncharted games.
    They're both great. You're an idiot of you have some faboyism to either. I get you're young and hop on any hype train easily, but most of us are older and actually play for enjoyment, and not make half assed, safe posts like:
    what's so special about uncharted? it's good, but it's not amazing.
    ... Such a vague comment, yet you wouldn't be able to tell us what is so regular, or not special about Uncharted.

Banned

Shade doesn't understand the notion of genre

Lots of shoot outs? Wow. I'm shocked. A 3rd person shooter with lots of shooting? This is crazy. I'm absolutely surprised.

It's like saying MGS is bad because you are sneaking around 99% of the time. Wow. A stealth game with lots of sneaking? This is crazy. I'm absolutely surprised.

Believe it or not Shade, games like Halo and Uncharted are just as tactical as MGS. Even better, they don't force it like MGS does. Go play Halo 2 on legendary. You won't need fancy features and abilities to be tactical. The shear game design, difficulty and AI will force you to adapt.

IMO, fancy features is a cheap way to advance strategy. Games like Halo has always let the core of the game dictate play style and strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Because MGS isn't over the line retarded with their villains.
    You get attached to the characters in Uncharted the same way you do in MGS.
    Both games are legendary in their own regard.

I could also write an essay about things that I don't like about MGS, but the point is: me and you guys have different preferences.

So lets just leave at there.
    Hope you guys are enjoying PP.
    I've literally never played MGS/did not mention it.

MGS living rent free in your head.

Banned

rent free

Banned

Shooters win again

rent free

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I put in my pre-order for the big special edition thing last week when I order the remastered series.

The remastered games have a super duper easy setting that's described as "For those who just want to see the game.", which has made this a great addition to my nieces library of gaming experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I put in my pre-order for the big special edition thing last week when I order the remastered series.

The remastered games have a super duper easy setting that's described as "For those who just want to see the game.", which has made this a great addition to my nieces library of gaming experiences.
    Have you tried the "Brutal" difficulty yet??
    I want to know how much harder it is than crushing difficulty.