Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: A ray of Hope? Tobias harris rumour-Bulls show interest

What would they have to give up? Mirotic? Mcdermott?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Rose is still at about 70 percent
    Gasol is playing some good games, but is leaving holes in our defense on help D
    Noah is battling a knee injury. Not the player he was last year
    Butler is playing both sides of the ball and too many minutes
    Our coach lacks creativity and in game adjustments. Poor minutes facilitator and plays hinrich too much
    I could make pretty equal criticisms of Cleveland's big 3/coach

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I like Harris' game, from what I've seen of it. His size and craftiness around the basket make him efficient when he gets inside the paint and he has turned himself into a capable three-point threat. There was a time when he could basically be left unguarded beyond 16-feet and he relied mostly on his size/athleticism. That time has passed. He needs to be accounted for on the perimeter.

His midrange game is lacking, however, and he's not the kind of guy who is going to create his own shot. The majority of his points are assisted. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the Bulls seem to have a lot of guys who are at their best when they're not being asked to do too much with the ball in their hands.

All told, it would be an obvious upgrade over what they're currently putting out there, though I think Dunleavy is a better fit when he's healthy. The good news is that Harris is only 22 and has plenty of room to grow. If they can get him, they should.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Great pick up, and I think great fit, depending on what Chi has to give up.

He is solid on offense, and hes pretty good on defense too.
    Tobias is a terrible defender.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I like Harris' game, from what I've seen of it. His size and craftiness around the basket make him efficient when he gets inside the paint and he has turned himself into a capable three-point threat. There was a time when he could basically be left unguarded beyond 16-feet and he relied mostly on his size/athleticism. That time has passed. He needs to be accounted for on the perimeter.

His midrange game is lacking, however, and he's not the kind of guy who is going to create his own shot. The majority of his points are assisted. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the Bulls seem to have a lot of guys who are at their best when they're not being asked to do too much with the ball in their hands.

All told, it would be an obvious upgrade over what they're currently putting out there, though I think Dunleavy is a better fit when he's healthy. The good news is that Harris is only 22 and has plenty of room to grow. If they can get him, they should.
    He isn't a good fit for the Bulls. This rumor has no weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    he doesn't fit the bulls at all tbh.

I question the fit too.

Harris game is unusual.

We need a more 3 and D type player who can create his own shot.

Tobias is more a post up, hustle and bustle player with average shooting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth

That's where we are at now, but I don't believe we will be this lifeless in the playoffs.

No excuses, we have enough now.

Banned

I question the fit too.

Harris game is unusual.

We need a more 3 and D type player who can create his own shot.

Tobias is more a post up, hustle and bustle player with average shooting ability.
    There is no 3 & D player that creates his own shot. I'm not sure why you said that. Contradicts itself.
    Tobias doesn't post up as much as you guys seem to think. He's one of the best SF rebounders in the league and can finish around the rim well. His post game needs work and hustle player is a really weird way to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I think you're reaching. The Bulls have legitimate issues right now, the foremost of which is that the guy who is supposed to separate them from the pack (Rose) still doesn't look close to his best and he has had a lot of time to get right.

The Cavs don't have any issues remotely resembling that. James and Irving have been a great fit so far and they've filled a lot of holes with quality players recently. Blatt deserves credit for the new defensive schemes that laid the groundwork for the recent winning streak.

The one disappointment so far is how long it has taken Love to find his place on this roster and he still doesn't look completely healthy to me.

But, compared to the issues the Bulls are facing... coach/FO turmoil, franchise player not looking like himself, Noah not playing at his usual level and dealing with injuries all year, Gibson having a subpar year so far...

At this stage, they are two franchises headed in opposite directions. Of course, all that can change quickly. That's the nature of the league. But as it stands right now the Bulls have some work to do and the Cavs are in a good place.

Tobias is a solid player.

I would love for the Blazers to trade Nic Batum for him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Tobias is a solid player.

I would love for the Blazers to trade Nic Batum for him
    yes i'm sure the blazers would love that too. too bad harris is a much better player than batum.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    What would they have to give up? Mirotic? Mcdermott?

Perhaps snell or mcdermott+first or second rounder

Magic will want young talent and/or picks.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I think you're reaching. The Bulls have legitimate issues right now, the foremost of which is that the guy who is supposed to separate them from the pack (Rose) still doesn't look close to his best and he has had a lot of time to get right.

The Cavs don't have any issues remotely resembling that. James and Irving have been a great fit so far and they've filled a lot of holes with quality players recently. Blatt deserves credit for the new defensive schemes that laid the groundwork for the recent winning streak. He deserves some credit.

The one disappointment so far is how long it has taken Love to find his place on this roster and he still doesn't look completely healthy to me.

But, compared to the issues the Bulls are facing... coach/FO turmoil, franchise player not looking like himself, Noah not playing at his usual level and dealing with injuries all year, Gibson having a subpar year so far...

At this stage, they are two franchises headed in opposite directions. Of course, all that can change quickly. That's the nature of the league. But as it stands right now the Bulls have some work to do and the Cavs are in a good place.
    I might be reaching a bit, but I still think saying "Bulls are 3 superteams behind the Cavs"... i mean come on, they aren't that far off in terms of pure talent.

Love's been having back issues all year, LeBron had knee/back soreness all season until a couple weeks ago, Irving had knee problems (hence the underwhelming current record)... plus Blatt has been thrown into a pretty awkward situation, but all seems well now that Cleveland is winning.

If the Bulls are 100% healthy come playoff time, how big of a disparity is there in talent between the Bulls and Cavs?

Banned

ha. take that and shove it then. late pick + a shitty player isn't enough for him.

I understand the idea of wanting to make a move when things aren't going well, but it has to be the right kind of move or it could add to the issues.

Dunleavy is due back, when? After the AS break? I think they can wait that long... hope that he fills a void.