Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default X Box One or PS4

I plan on buying one of these and since I'm sure some of you know more about gaming than I do I ask you: Which should I buy?

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    As with all these things, the single most important factor in this choice should be what your best friends get. You can play online together, you can share games, this should be more important than anything else. Regardless of what the crazed fanatics say, both of these consoles are going to provide the same experience to a very large extent.

If the choice of your friends isn't an important factor, I'd go with the PS4. It's a hundred bucks cheaper and Sony has provided much better exclusive content for their system than Microsoft in recent years.
    This. Especially if you don't like Halo/Forza. And I guess Gears since they have the IP, but aren't letting Epic deal with it anymore.

And the only company I trust to launch a new console and innovate with a "gimmick" is Nintendo.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Pretty much that. The price will probably end up being the deciding factor for me when I decide to buy one next year. It just seems that there is far less separating the two consoles technologically this time around now that Xbox is going with a blu-ray drive. Although if that 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbone is true, that'll be a factor for some people.

regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one

National High School Star

I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheWINdyCity
    regardless of which you choose I'd recommend waiting at least until next year before getting a PS4 or Xbox one
    why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
    I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.

Ya iam not waiting a year.A couple of months most likely sometime around january or february.I think if theres anything wrong like the red rings it should be known in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I'm getting the PS4 on release day, however I would've went with xbox purely for the controllers. The 360 controller was amazing compared to the ps3 one.

However after the whole xbox pre-owned games blah blah stuff, I went with the ps4.
    I played the xbox one controller. I hate the new bumpers. I feel like they're a complete downgrade. It's still probably the better controller though, but I won't know till tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    why do you say that? I know they won't really hit their stride and the games won't be built to fully utilize the new specs for a while but if you like games coming out now and plan on buying one anyway there's no reason not to buy one now...
    I'll be waiting a bit myself probably but that's just because I have other games to finish first.
    Well during the last generation both Sony and Microsoft released a better, upgraded version of the console within a year. The launch 360s had horrible built quality. And Sony dropped the price of the PS3 by a hundred bucks within a year.

Those all sound like excellent reasons to wait a year.

Love Live Life

I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

anyone watch south park last night? they had this same debate, game of thrones style

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I really don't know what to do.

I got a 360 now but I'm leaning more towards the PS4.

Seem like you need the kinect to really enjoy all of the Xbox one's functions and I keep seeing that it's only 720p whereas the PS4 is 1080p.

I'm still gonna wait til about 6mths to a year before I get one.

The games that's coming out for the Xbox looks better than the ones lined up for PS4 though.

My supervisor said that there been a lot of bugs with the PS4 software so far but I'm not sure how true that is
    The 720P/1080P is really bullshit. Xbone has more than enough power to display everything at 1080P consistently. It'll just take longer because Microsoft's studios aren't as well managed as Sony's. But when Titanfall drops that'll for sure be the turning point. There might be an exception here or there, but it'll be pretty much 1080P the rest of the way.

Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Don't get anything at launch, there is some report of the hdmi connectors on the ps4 being faulty.
    very few.

my friends and I were all 360 guys. now we're gettin ps4s.

do what your friends are doing. unless youre just a fanboy then theres no changing sides.