Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: How is it even questionable that MJ is GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    Blasphemy, literally the most successful player in the sport, ever.... like, theirs no one past or present more accomplished than Mike. All this he was a product of Nike bullish!t, before Jordan what was Nike? If anything he built them. Lebron is a product of Nike, their attempt to try to recreate Jordan(and it's failing horribly, fuccking horrendous clunky sneakers:face palm )

They day that Mike's legacy comes into question is the day we gotta question the sport all together.

It happened the last 10 years MJ vs kobe discussion. It is funny to see the lebron stans use the exact same reason against MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    There are 5-6 different posters on this board that need to hijack every thread because they're attention whoring little kids.

ISH as a community has a pretty well known consensus on this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282470

This thread has been updated from 2007 onwards several times. Guess who's always no.1.
    so are you telling us that we are not allowed to have a different opinion than the majority? We have to have the same opinion as the majority?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    so are you telling us that we are not allowed to have a different opinion than the majority? We have to have the same opinion as the majority?
    You can have whatever opinion you want.

I'm just stating this community as BOARD has a pretty clear consensus on this.

Just like basically every other main basketball site (RealGM or whatever). Guess who's pretty much always no.1?

I don't mind a person having a different opinion, what I do mind is a bunch of little kids trying to take over a board that I've been posting on since 2006 because they don't have a girlfriend/need attention/whatever the f*ck is the case.

There's a difference between opinion and being a troll.

They don't represent the majority of this community, the majority of which is actually level headed and not retarded. Sadly it's a very small number of posters here that's giving this forum a bad reputation.

Being able to think for yourself isn't looked at very fondly around here.

You can have whatever opinion you want.

I'm just stating this community as BOARD has a pretty clear consensus on this.

Just like basically every other main basketball site (RealGM or whatever). Guess who's pretty much always no.1?

I don't mind a person having a different opinion, what I do mind is a bunch of little kids trying to take over a board that I've been posting on since 2006 because they don't have a girlfriend/need attention/whatever the f*ck is the case.

There's a difference between opinion and being a troll.

They don't represent the majority of this community, the majority of which is actually level headed and not retarded. Sadly it's a very small number of posters here that's giving this forum a bad reputation.
    Again with the unprovoked personal attacks.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Again with the unprovoked personal attacks.
    How is a personal attack? It's 4-5 people who define themselves by acting like idiots, we're not allowed to call them as such?

If a person doesn't want to be called an idiot, then stop trolling/acting like one. It's not that difficult.

YOU and your ilk do not speak for the majority of the posters here. 2,614 posts since Jan 2014? Like really? What percentage of those are troll posts? That's just sad.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 12:26 AM.

How is a personal attack? It's 4-5 people who define themselves by acting like idiots, we're not allowed to call them as such?

If a person doesn't want to be called an idiot, then stop trolling/acting like one. It's not that difficult.

YOU and your ilk do not speak for the majority of the posters here. 2,614 posts since Jan 2014? Like really?
    The only one acting like an idiot is you. You were the one making jokes on moms and brining family members on a msg board. We were simply discussing basketball.
    Last edited by livinglegend; 08-18-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Why does it bother you that some people have different opinions from you? Everyone is different and they are allowed to voice their opinion. Stop whining. Just accept it and move on.
    Fair enough, the consensus GOAT is MJ, we all know this. You're in the decided minority who thinks otherwise.

MJ is the consensus GOAT. You are in a very small minority and would need a great argument to back up your opinion. You have the right to your opinion like I have the right to think that people are idiots.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Stats Prove MJ Carried Largest Load Ever (highest career WS.. WS/48.. PER.. PPG.. Shot Att's.. Usage)

People say MJ had great teammates - but other than Pippen and a good rebounder at the 4, this is not really true... Jordan had to carry the largest load in NBA history to win his 6 rings.

1.) MJ has the highest PER of any player ever for the regular season and playoffs

2.) MJ has the most win shares and the highest WS/48 of all time.

3.) MJ took a larger proportion of his team's shots than anyone ever

4.) MJ has the goat scoring average in the regular season (30.1 ppg) and playoffs 33.6 ppg (by comparison, MJ scored 25% more points per 36 minutes in the playoffs than Lebron - that's 25% more scoring every 3 quarters in the playoffs!!)

5.) MJ's Finals average is goat (33.6 ppg... by comparison, Lebron's average is 23.5 ppg)

6.) His usage was the highest ever for any player in the regular season (34%) and the playoffs (36%), while maintaining a 118 Ortg (higher than Lebron's 115)... This gives Jordan the highest Ortg/Usage combination of all time.

7.) MJ's clutch play was goat.

Why did Jordan have to do so much more to win his championships?.... The only possible reason is that Jordan had less help... The numbers have to add up, and there is no way that Jordan had to do so much more for his rings but somehow had as much help as everyone else.. 2+2 has to equal 4.

Consider that his advantage on the field would be even greater and quite ridiculous if you don't include his Wizards years...

Just as a Bull - MJ had a 29.4 PER.. 120 Ortg.. 0.274 WS/48

Blows Lebron away - 27.8 PER.. 116 Ortg.. 0.243 WS/48

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-18-2014 at 04:11 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

I actually am going to not comment too much further, looking at some of the post counts (which I actually didn't notice before) and considering it, there's probably something fairly sad/and or wrong going on in the lives of some of these posters.

No need to kick someone while they're down, but I'll pass on some free advice. Get off the computer/game console once in a while. Like seriously. Maybe even play basketball instead of just talking about it all day (I'm not talking about NBA 2K either). This ain't a healthy way to spend what I'm presuming is your teen/possibly college years.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 12:34 AM.

There isn't really. Even on ISH, it's just 5 or 6 junior high kids that need to draw attention to themselves. Probably not even that many, as we're likely talking 2-3 kids with several alts that need attention desperately.

Whenever ISH has any serious threads on GOAT rankings, Jordan wins pretty much by a country mile. Russell and Kareem are the only two that maybe get the odd vote:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=350073

I'm not saying no one else has a case, but even amongst haters, Jordan is usually the consensus pick.
    Can you imagine how shitty it would be to be a junior high kid that is a NBA fan and never got to watch Jordan play and the only thing you have to look forward to is a guy who's 2/5! That would absolutely suck. No wonder why these kids flood the forum with that nonsense. It's the only solitude they have from their real, shitty Jordanless lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Can you imagine how shitty it would be to be a junior high kid that is a NBA fan and never got to watch Jordan play and the only thing you have to look forward to is a guy who's 2/5! That would absolutely suck. No wonder why these kids flood the forum with that nonsense. It's the only solitude they have from their real, shitty Jordanless lives!
    It's the same guy for the most part with like 5 alts. A simple ban and this place really gets cleaned up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It's the same guy for the most part with like 5 alts. A simple ban and this place really gets cleaned up.
    Sadly I don't think ISH wants to do this because it would cut down on traffic to the forum, but unfortunately it's also made this board the butt end of jokes on other basketball forums.

This used to be a much better thought of community than it is now. There's still about 15-25 really knowledgable people here, but the reputation of this forum has sadly kinda gone down the toilet.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Fair enough, the consensus GOAT is MJ, we all know this. You're in the decided minority who thinks otherwise.
    I never said otherwise. You are the one whining about all the people that dont have the same opinion as you.