Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pat Riley sent LeBron a lot of emails and texts in free agency but got ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    after all the hooplah about him going back to Cleveland, you kind of realize this guy is still an asshole and cant help but think he did it for selfish reasons rather than the reasons he wrote in his letter.
    I think he wanted to go home, but it wasn't the biggest reason like he made it out to be. That was a P/R move. He doesn't like to be hated even though he always brings it on himself. Cleveland offered him more wealth and power. LeBron is basically the owner, the GM, the coach, and the best player on the Cavs. He can tell management to do whatever he wants. The Cavs are also younger and has more potential to be great than what he had in Miami last year. He stacked the deck in his favor, especially if they get Love. Now he has more power, wealth, and better P/R. And he so happens to be going home as well.
    Last edited by DaSeba5; 07-31-2014 at 01:09 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Pat Riley sent LeBron a lot of emails and texts in free agency but got ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I think he wanted to go home, but it wasn't the biggest reason like he made it out to be. That was a P/R move. He doesn't like to be hated even though he always brings it on himself. Cleveland offered him more wealth and power. LeBron is basically the owner, the GM, the coach, and the best player on the Cavs. He can tell management to do whatever he wants. The Cavs are also younger and has more potential to be great than what he had in Miami last year. He stacked the deck in his favor, especially if they get Love. Now he has more power, wealth, and better P/R. And he so happens to be going home as well.
    I agree with this and I really do think it would haunt him if he did not at least TRY and bring Cleve the title he promised. By going home now in his prime with good talent around him it all made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    WWE league. Both guys knew his decision well in advance of FA.
    Oooooooh....that explains why Lebron hit Riley with that steel chair. Makes sense now...

Banned

I don't really care much about who screwed who or who used who for their own personal goals. But knowing that they don't really give a flying rat's ass about one another is great for the league. They're more competitive than we thought.

During the post-Finals conference where Riley challenged LeBron's "street hunger" was a jackass thing to do. For LeBron not to return texts and calls to Riley was equally a jackass thing and unprofessional as well.

LeBron willing shit on his hometown on live national TV and now turn his back on the guy who orchestrated the Big 3 makes LeBron a little more "alpha" in my book. He just doesn't give a fck!

Riley is a greasy mark. A true piece of shit.

Why is this bad? It was well known that Lebron was really trying his best to stay low key throughout this entire process. He had his agent do all of the talking and negotiating. I sure hope this isn't riley trying to express bitterness towards Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Why is this bad? It was well known that Lebron was really trying his best to stay low key throughout this entire process. He had his agent do all of the talking and negotiating. I sure hope this isn't riley trying to express bitterness towards Lebron.
    Exactly. Lebron said he wanted to get away for a while and take some time to himself. After being forced to play 1 on 5 for the entirety of the Finals the least Riley could have done was respect Lebron's wishes.
    Seems like Riley is now doing the same thing Dan Gilbert did, only he's being a lot more subtle about it. Saying that the Heat will be as competitive as any team in the East this year is basically his way of saying that Lebron won't be missed at all. The Heat will be lucky to even make the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Thank them for what? Leaving when they thought their team had no chance of winning the game? We all know majority of Heat fans are bandwagoners. You really want to thank those kind of ppl?

this

Very good NBA starter

this guy is waiting for Lebron to give him his thanks

NBA All-star

since I got tired of saying people are making decisions as if they are drunk

I might as well say these people are going all in every single hand they are dealt with.

still belligerent regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    old man is salty

making shit up to keep that heart failure away for few more months
    Funny that Bron's desperate followers (e.g. you) are as completely as lacking in class and respect as he is himself.

Obnoxious assholes attract obnoxious assholes i guess.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    this guy is waiting for Lebron to give him his thanks

The Heat never sniffed a win after this guy ran his mouth

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Exactly. Lebron said he wanted to get away for a while and take some time to himself. After being forced to play 1 on 5 for the entirety of the Finals the least Riley could have done was respect Lebron's wishes.

Seems like Riley is now doing the same thing Dan Gilbert did, only he's being a lot more subtle about it. Saying that the Heat will be as competitive as any team in the East this year is basically his way of saying that Lebron won't be missed at all. The Heat will be lucky to even make the playoffs this year.

agree with everything but the bold...the Heat will be in the top 5 of the East, barring any injuries of course. and I don't think Riley believes that Lebron won't be missed, it's pretty well known that the impact Lebron gives on any team cannot be made up for (i.e. 2010-2104 Cavs). however, the East is pretty well rounded now with no one shining team really.

if the Cavs land Love...which is likely...then they are the clear favorites from the East but how well they do in their first year is to be seen. ECF locks for sure, can even stretch it to Finals if they click like 2008 Boston did from the onset.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    That's just how he and his group of cronies conduct business. You would think he'd show a little bit of gratitude towards Riley, who had his back from day 1 when he came to Miami. This was the same guy who released a statement to the AP, telling Danny Ainge to "STFU", when he criticized LeBron about complaining about hard fouls. Riley can't be too upset though, he did the same thing to Cavs in 2010 to come to Miami. It all just came full circle.
    It's funny having watching you defended this guy relentessly the past 4 years, now clearly hating him. Riley manipulated him to come to Miami, but he always must've considered him a coward for doing so. Thus the comments he made before F/A even began.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's funny having watching you defended this guy relentessly the past 4 years, now clearly hating him.
    Boy please. I don't hate LeBron. I actually love the players having the power. Just because it came full circle against the team I root for, doesn't mean I harbor resentment. I don't care that much.
    Last edited by PJR; 07-31-2014 at 04:45 PM.