Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Pau Gasol vs. Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Dirk Nowitzki's offensive game is slightly better than Pau Gasol's, but Dirk limits himself from the outside a lot. While Pau has a more consistent and efficient offensive game.

Pau Gasol is the better defender compared to Nowitzki.

Nowitzki is the better overall player, Gasol is the player I want on my team as a complimentary player to another player because he doesn't need the ball to be effective.

Give me Pau Gasol please.
    LOL @ this dumb piece of sht
    Pau was NEVER close to Dirk

Just watch the 2006 playoff to see the difference b/w them

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Again this is USA NBA only fan and sports media myths.

Basketball is #2 most popular team sport in Germany currently. The German basketball league is extremely popular. It has big arenas and basically every single game is a sellout.
    Are you kidding me? Extremely popular? Big arenas? Every game a sellout? Now the last time I've checked my ID it looked like I'm actually German, so let's talk about reality instead of your made up bullshit for a moment.

Here are some BBL numbers for the 2012/2013 season.
    http://statistik.basketball-bundesli.../zuschauer.php

average arena capacity: 5.148
    average attendance: 4.435
    percentage of seats sold: 86.1%

Yeah, about 4500 people are watching the BBL live on average. To put this into perspective, that's about the same as the Handball bundesliga (around 4500 per game).

And here are TV ratings for basketball in Germany. The games are indicated below the diagram. The black lines are viewers starting at three years old, red are 14-49 years old. The numbers on the Y-axis are millions. Yeah, a few hundred thousand people are watching the BBL at best. Some more with Alba-Bayern, but still completely irrelevant. And for other teams, nobody gives a f*ck at all.

Also...
    DHB (German Handball Association): 4.500 registered clubs, 800.000 members
    DBB (German Basketball Association): 2000 registered clubs, 200.000 members

Basically, handball is much better organized than basketball. More teams, more leagues, better youth system. Just all around better to play competitively. You can play handball pretty much everywhere on multiple levels of competition. Basketball? Not easy at all. Bball extremely popular? Not in the country called Germany where I grew up. Maybe Euroleague is talking about another Germany?

So...you're completely clueless as usual. If you've never heard of handball, feel free to ask
    Last edited by dr.hee; 02-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Here are the huge BBL arenas Euroleague is talking about...

Lol@basketball being extremely popular over here. Half of the current teams wouldn't even be allowed to play in the Spanish ACB because their arenas are too small.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 02-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee

So we can assume that Pau could've carried those German scrub teams to medals, too? Can you imagine young Dirk playing with those Spanish squads? Come on, you've never actually watched a single FIBA game.
    You don't even know what FIBA is.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Putting everything together Pau was probably the FIBA player of the decade.But what Dirk achieved there was incredibly impressive considering his squad (a common theme in his career)... logically he should have never even sniffed a medal with that talent level around him.
    Funny, because according to this forum Spanoulis is the worst player in history and he won more medals with Greece..........

You don't even know what FIBA is.
    Oh you can do better than that. I mean at least you've tried with your nonsense about German basketball. Exactly what I'd expect from a redneck who doesn't even get to watch BBL games, but you've tried

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Dude is talking out of his ass, anyway. I bolded Nowitzki's numbers.

2001: 28.7/9.1/1.9 vs 17.3/9.7/0.9
    2002: 24/8.2/2.7 vs 19.1/7.8/2.4
    2003: 22,5/6,2/1 vs 25.8/7.5/0.8
    2006: 23.2/9.2/2.8 vs 21.2/9.4/1.4
    2007: 24/8.7/1.6 vs 18.8/7/2.2
    2008: 17/8.4/0.6 vs. 19.6/7/1.7
    2011: 19.5/6.6/1.4 vs 20.1/8.3/1.7

And Dirk's teams have always been way, way worse than Gasol's. He managed to carry the team to victories over Spain in 2002 and 2005, and both times Spain was the clear favorite - in 2005, everybody expected them to win even without Gasol.
    Dirk played absolutely awful in every single tournament from 2007 onwards. In fact, in recent years, Germany even had gotten a hell of a lot better once he was off the national team.

You are definitely trolling.

Are you kidding me? Extremely popular? Big arenas? Every game a sellout? Now the last time I've checked my ID it looked like I'm actually German, so let's talk about reality instead of your made up bullshit for a moment.

Here are some BBL numbers for the 2012/2013 season.
    http://statistik.basketball-bundesli.../zuschauer.php

average arena capacity: 5.148
    average attendance: 4.435
    percentage of seats sold: 86.1%

Yeah, about 4500 people are watching the BBL live on average. To put this into perspective, that's about the same as the Handball bundesliga (around 4500 per game).

And here are TV ratings for basketball in Germany. The games are indicated below the diagram. The black lines are viewers starting at three years old, red are 14-49 years old. The numbers on the Y-axis are millions. Yeah, a few hundred thousand people are watching the BBL at best. Some more with Alba-Bayern, but still completely irrelevant. And for other teams, nobody gives a f*ck at all.

Also...
    DHB (German Handball Association): 4.500 registered clubs, 800.000 members
    DBB (German Basketball Association): 2000 registered clubs, 200.000 members

Basically, handball is much better organized than basketball. More teams, more leagues, better youth system. Just all around better to play competitively. You can play handball pretty much everywhere on multiple levels of competition. Basketball? Not easy at all. Bball extremely popular? Not in the country called Germany where I grew up. Maybe Euroleague is talking about another Germany?

So...you're completely clueless as usual. If you've never heard of handball, feel free to ask
    You are not German. You are an American. Probably some army brat. You could not be any more OBVIOUS if you tried.

You are not German. You are an American. Probably some army brat.
    I take that as you being unable to say anything against official attendance numbers, TV ratings and member statistics of two major German sports associations? In other words...you're admitting that you're full of shit, completely clueless about foreign basketball and pulling random made up crap about German basketball out of your ass? Good to know.

We can do this in my first language instead if you want btw...if you wanna see whether I'm speaking German like an army brat, lol...

Last edited by dr.hee; 02-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.

I take that as you being unable to say anything against official attendance numbers, TV ratings and member statistics of two major German sports associations? In other words...you're admitting that you're full of shit, completely clueless about foreign basketball and pulling random made up crap about German basketball out of your ass? Good to know.

We can do this in my first language instead if you want btw...if you wanna see whether I'm speaking German like an army brat, lol...

German basketball league is officially the #1 domestic basketball league in Europe economically. That's a fact.

You are outright LYING.

And you are CLEARLY an American. If you are in Germany, you are a transplant, just like millions of other Americans that live in Germany.

You have absolutely ZERO tact.

German basketball league is officially the #1 domestic basketball league in Europe economically. That's a fact.

You are outright LYING.

And you are CLEARLY an American. If you are in Germany, you are a transplant, just like millions of other Americans that live in Germany.

You have absolutely ZERO tact.
    Hold on...

You've claimed it's the second most popular team sport in Germany. Which it isn't. Handball is. Then you've claimed basketball is extremely popular, almost every game sold out and the arenas huge. Wrong, as I've shown the average attendance is at about 4.500 people per game with TV games attracting not more than a few hundred thousand watchers.

So it looks like you were either flat out lying or clueless as f*ck. Either way...you're unable to say anything against the facts I've provided? Good.

And why do you think I'm not German? I'd write in my mother language, but I figure since you're struggling with English as it is, it would probably make your head explode.

You have no tact you sick human. Reported to abuse for racism.