I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease King1991nba's Avatar

Default NBA Greatest Duels: Charles Barkley vs Patrick Ewing (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGMdqY40S3o

One of the greatest NBA regular season games ever. Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing with a fantastic duel in MSG. A lot of trash talking, hard fouls, great dunks, great defense (Mark Jackson block on Charles Barkley is something to see) and even better offense; 90's basketball at its best.

Charles Barkley: 39 points, 15 rebounds (11 offensive), 3 assists, 12/23 FG.

Patrick Ewing: 37 points, 19 rebounds, 9 blocks, 17/24 FG.

In the first quarter, Ewing was twice knocked to the floor by the Sixers' Charles Barkley, and with 7:18 remaining in the period, Barkley was assessed a technical and injured Knick Charles Oakley was ejected after coming out on the floor during a brief Ewing-Barkley fight.

"I thought he (Ewing) cheap-shotted me a couple of times," Barkley said. ''I'm not going to let anyone do that to me."

In that same period, a fan in an end-court seat harassed Barkley to a point where Barkley tossed some liquid in the fan's direction.

And then Barkley reminded everyone that the Knicks were, in fact, still in third place.

"Don't make them out to be champions," he said. "We don't have to worry about facing them again, because if you know anything about sports, you know they won't get by Boston in the first round (of the playoffs)." (Knicks won the first round playoff series 3-2 after being down 2-0 against Boston and then lost to the eventual champions Pistons 4-1)

Knicks won this phenomenal game 114:104.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...004060NYK.html

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Greatest Duels: Charles Barkley vs Patrick Ewing (1990)

Quote Originally Posted by King1991nba

One of the greatest NBA regular season games ever. Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing with a fantastic duel in MSG. A lot of trash talking, hard fouls, great dunks, great defense (Mark Jackson block on Charles Barkley is something to see) and even better offense; 90's basketball at its best.

In the first quarter, Ewing was twice knocked to the floor by the Sixers' Charles Barkley, and with 7:18 remaining in the period, Barkley was assessed a technical and injured Knick Charles Oakley was ejected after coming out on the floor during a brief Ewing-Barkley fight.

"I thought he (Ewing) cheap-shotted me a couple of times," Barkley said. ''I'm not going to let anyone do that to me."

In that same period, a fan in an end-court seat harassed Barkley to a point where Barkley tossed some liquid in the fan's direction.

And then Barkley reminded everyone that the Knicks were, in fact, still in third place.

"Don't make them out to be champions," he said. "We don't have to worry about facing them again, because if you know anything about sports, you know they won't get by Boston in the first round (of the playoffs)." (Knicks won the first round playoff series 3-2 after being down 2-0 against Boston and then lost to the eventual champions Pistons 4-1)

Oakley owns Barkley. A definite constant.

Appreciate all these highlights, keep it up

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

great highlights .. but the block by mark jackson

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease King1991nba's Avatar

thanks for the comments

this game is a true 90's classic in every aspect... just a great game to watch