Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will Cleveland need to trade Waiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I don't think they can get any other guy like him right now that can take over games whenever the big 3 are off or not on the court.
    Dude ...

How often would

Kyrie Irving

LeBron James

and

Kevin Love

All be having "off nights" at the same exact time? Chances are slime.

This isn't 2 offensive weapons, that's 3 major guns who can put the ball in the bucket. Waiters is never going to be able to play to his strengths at the same time as all those guys. Sure he can add some firepower ... but IMO he should come off the bench, Microwave Johnson style.

Otherwise I feel like on the court with Kyrie, LeBron, and Love he's useless. I rather have dimension with players who can catch / shoot, and stretch the floor with driving lanes for Kyrie or LeBron. Guys like Ray Allen, Mike Miller, etc.

You have 2 of the absolute best players off the bounce in the league. Maybe THE best now. You need less players who have to have the ball in their hand in order to get rhythm offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.

Why? He's a combo guard who needs the ball in his hands.

Now you've got LeBron, and Love? The ability to compete for championships. Waiters has been itching to spread his wings as a solo act for sometime. I don't think he has the intelligence, or skill set to adapt to much superior players. He's already proven to be a difficult character guy.

Wouldn't you rather have someone who knew their niche, and gave a more defined skill set that could adapt to the big three core of Irving / LeBron / Love?
    Yeah, because I'm sure Dion is going into this season with the mentality that he's going to be a "solo act" playing alongside LeBron James.

Simply ridiculous. Dion has looked great in the preseason from what I've seen. And he has the invaluable ability to create his own shot. He will be what James Harden was to OKC before being shipped out.

Very good NBA starter

Dude ...

How often would

Kyrie Irving

LeBron James

and

Kevin Love

All be having "off nights" at the same exact time? Chances are slime.

This isn't 2 offensive weapons, that's 3 major guns who can put the ball in the bucket. Waiters is never going to be able to play to his strengths at the same time as all those guys. Sure he can add some firepower ... but IMO he should come off the bench, Microwave Johnson style.

Otherwise I feel like on the court with Kyrie, LeBron, and Love he's useless. I rather have dimension with players who can catch / shoot, and stretch the floor with driving lanes for Kyrie or LeBron. Guys like Ray Allen, Mike Miller, etc.

You have 2 of the absolute best players off the bounce in the league. Maybe THE best now. You need less players who have to have the ball in their hand in order to get rhythm offensively.
    Waiters is good man. All I'm saying is it would be retarded to trade this guy. Plus Ray might come to Cleveland so who knows, they might get their catch and shoot guy with him

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Yeah, because I'm sure Dion is going into this season with the mentality that he's going to be a "solo act" playing alongside LeBron James.
    Did I say that? But if he's improved yet again, he's going to have an itchy trigger finger. He already leads Cleveland thus far in preseason in shot attempts. I don't think that's a great idea. Now off the bench? He's perfect. But I don't think his ego could take coming off the pine.

nah, never trade guys who can get their own shot off. And especially if they are under rookie contract.

Waiters will do work when Lebron/Kyrie are on the bench. No more of that Miami basketball where when Lebron or Wade went to the bench they were left there with guys not skilled enough to do anything.

Very good NBA starter

Did I say that? But if he's improved yet again, he's going to have an itchy trigger finger. He already leads Cleveland thus far in preseason in shot attempts. I don't think that's a great idea. Now off the bench? He's perfect. But I don't think his ego could take coming off the pine.
    thats because he's the only one of the "big 4" that played every game of the preseason

How do you not see the potential for combustion with him on the roster? He was beefing with Kyrie Irving last year when nothing was at stake.
    It's easy to get irritated and upset when you're losing a lot.

Winning changes attitudes.

Waiters ability to adapt to his role with Bron at the helm will be no problem. No need to worry.

Does it matter? All that does is increase Cavs rebounds per game.

If Waiters was getting upset with his lack of shots last year, he's in for a rude surprise this season.

I really think you're going to start hearing some rumbling from him as the season goes on.

Yep. Need another 3 and D player.

This was on the $$$

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Yep. Need another 3 and D player.
    and you got JR smith

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kite
    and you got JR smith
    and Shump for D
    Last edited by 305Baller; 01-12-2015 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    This was on the $$$