Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: is Kyrie Irving the most overrated player in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No one should call him or not call him a franchise player right now. Love and LeBron will be on the same team and Irving will be the third wheel between those three. Franchise players usually don't become third wheels.
    Pretty much. Great for Cleveland, and honestly probably great for Kyrie. He gets to play behind those two, still get his numbers, make deep playoff runs and potentially get championships and still young enough that he can eventually be the "guy" again.

I would have questioned Irving tho. Seemed like he really took a step back this season. He had the commercials, hype, media etc. pushing him into being an elite player but just never lived up to it and with how things went this offseason it'll be difficult to gauge going forward. Obviously he was only 21 but with how weak the East is I think the expectations to win are abit greater than usual circumstances.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No one should call him or not call him a franchise player right now. Love and LeBron will be on the same team and Irving will be the third wheel between those three. Franchise players usually don't become third wheels.
    You just quoted a post I made from over a year ago that I have zero recollection of making. I think its shelf-life has officially expired for any meaningful back-and-forth.

And, what the hell is this weird opinion forming that, because Kyrie is likely to be a "third wheel" between arguably two Top 5 players in the NBA that he's not a "franchise player"? If only guys who are better than LeBron and Love are franchise players, that leaves about 3-5 franchise players in the entire NBA.

Plus, Kyrie is still a long way from entering his prime years.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 08-22-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You just quoted a post I made from over a year ago that I have zero recollection of making. I think its shelf-life has officially expired for any meaningful back-and-forth.

And, what the hell is this weird opinion forming that, because Kyrie is likely to be a "third wheel" between arguably two Top 5 players in the NBA that he's not a "franchise player"? If only guys who are better than LeBron and Love are franchise players, that leaves about 3-5 franchise players in the entire NBA.

Plus, Kyrie is still a long way from entering his prime years.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

He is overrated and very overpaid. I just hope he doesn't get injured and learns how the play the game the right way...which he probably will because he will finally have a good HC and a winning team.

It's a dumb argument in both cases, but at least Love is a 24-year-old who has been in the league for five seasons. If the Cavs haven't made the playoffs three years from now, that kind of criticism may be warranted.
    People underrating kyrie a lot in here.

But just to clarify, anything less than finals each year is a disappointment. Not playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    People underrating kyrie a lot in here.

But just to clarify, anything less than finals each year is a disappointment. Not playoffs.
    Once again, that post is from over a year ago. LeBron James, Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and James Jones weren't on the team yet.

We did, however, have Spencer Hawes, Anthony Bennett, Jarrett Jack and Sergie Karasev when I made that post.

So, I guess it's a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    He is overrated and very overpaid. I just hope he doesn't get injured and learns how the play the game the right way...which he probably will because he will finally have a good HC and a winning team.
    I'm betting that you will see the light on the point guard position. Someday. Maybe Kyrie will be the man for the job.

Once again, that post is from over a year ago. LeBron James, Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and James Jones weren't on the team yet.

We did, however, have Spencer Hawes, Anthony Bennett, Jarrett Jack and Sergie Karasev when I made that post.

So, I guess it's a wash.

I'm betting that you will see the light on the point guard position. Someday. Maybe Kyrie will be the man for the job.
    RBA you're gonna love bran stans this year

They will shit on the whole team. I'm sure beta2nun will be pining for Mario Chalmers before long...

Oh wait, Kyrie is easily the best PG bran has played with. Unless we're bringing up Boobie Gibson who carried him past the Pistons in the game 6 closeout game.

Good luck with them in the coming years

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    RBA you're gonna love bran stans this year

They will shit on the whole team. I'm sure beta2nun will be pining for Mario Chalmers before long...

Oh wait, Kyrie is easily the best PG bran has played with. Unless we're bringing up Boobie Gibson who carried him past the Pistons in the game 6 closeout game.

Good luck with them in the coming years
    I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable annoyance. If it gets too bad, I'll just have to avoid the Main Forum for a time. That would be pretty sad, though... not to be able to have real discussions with other fans when we have a championship-caliber team. But, I won't let them ruin the Cavaliers for me.

By any means necessary.

He is somewhat overrated but he is only 22

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

At his salary? I doubt it...now if he was signed to a reasonable 8-10 million per year contract I'd agree with you...but not the outrageous max contract he recieved.

A PG that is worth a max contract or close to a max contract is super rare. Even CP3, the best PG in the NBA and one of the best of all time is not worth the 20+ million a year he receives, let alone Kyrie Irving getting a max.

I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable annoyance. If it gets too bad, I'll just have to avoid the Main Forum for a time. That would be pretty sad, though... not to be able to have real discussions with other fans when we have a championship-caliber team. But, I won't let them ruin the Cavaliers for me.

By any means necessary.

We need a smack game thread and a sensible discussion thread for cavs games.

So if people post shit or trolling in the sensible thread, they have no excuse and they cop a temp ban.

I think that would work, I'll only rile up the lebron idiots in the smack thread.

That would be a good idea for the main teams this year including bulls game threads.

I rule the local playground

Just read about half this thread. Found at least 3 Montana alts

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

After kobe of course.

yeah.

Great college starter

Kyrie is nothing but a few fancy dribbles and a nice layup. This dude is not a winning player.