Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Mark Jackson is praying for Jason Colins

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksWolves
    Should that matter to a Christian?

Probably doesn't matter to many non-believers what Christians think of them.
    Why wouldn't it? Are you fellow humans? Do you work together? Are they your friends and family?

I have a buddy in SF that was a player with guys for a while in the castro. But he claims he was just mad at God for a little while. He is a christian and says that he has no attraction to men whatsoever and claimed he was sinning deliberately out of frustration. Yet he did talk about how he enjoyed it and how they were hot, but he only liked it cuz he was lonely and mad at god. But still claims he is 100 percent straight and has 100 percent faith in the Lord. Kinda contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    I have a buddy in SF that was a player with guys for a while in the castro. But he claims he was just mad at God for a little while. He is a christian and says that he has no attraction to men whatsoever and claimed he was sinning deliberately out of frustration. Yet he did talk about how he enjoyed it and how they were hot, but he only liked it cuz he was lonely and mad at god. But still claims he is 100 percent straight and has 100 percent faith in the Lord. Kinda contradictory.
    Probably has a tortured delusional life. Thank you organized religion!

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Probably has a tortured delusional life. Thank you organized religion!

Yea... And his roommate is also flaming. But it's sad how he has to abide by the bible and tell himself that going after that is wrong. He can't be himself. Not to mention all the christian friends who turned on him and ridiculed him when they heard. He said they all stabbed him in the back and it was the biggest mistake he ever made. That forced him to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Do Christians realize when they say they are praying for someone it makes many non-believers want to punch them in the temple?
    Only bigoted and prejudiced non-believers will want to do that. Many atheists respect others' religious beliefs and have no problem with people praying for other folks. Unfortunately, there are some atheists who don't respect others' beliefs and even go out of their way to mock them. Which makes them no different from the religious bigots that they claim to hate.

Yea... And his roommate is also flaming. But it's sad how he has to abide by the bible and tell himself that going after that is wrong. He can't be himself. Not to mention all the christian friends who turned on him and ridiculed him when they heard. He said they all stabbed him in the back and it was the biggest mistake he ever made. That forced him to change.
    smh

I wonder if these people ever consider what life would be like if being attracted to women was considered a sin and you were consistently judged for it.

Banned

Sexuality is such a weird thing. I 100% think that sexuality is genetic, but I think there's culture that plays some weird gray area in there somewhere.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I'm not sure where the issue is with what Mark Jackson said. It could be interpreted in multiple ways. I would interpret it in the way that being the first openly gay NBA player could be dangerous. Much of the world is homophobic and a lot of sports players are violent. We have come a long way as a country but Mark Jackson is certainly old enough to remember a time when people use to get jumped and beaten for being gay.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

jeremy lin is gay and christian

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    this..

BrAave, braaaavee, BRaVvvvve

I also love how after she attempted to free style at the end the announcer cut her off.

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

"there goes that man"

-Mark Jackson

common quote from Jackson during his play by play years

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    Same mark jackson that got exposed by some random mistress a few years back..while all the while wearing this religious beliefs on his sleeve?

THAT mark jackson?
    this shit x100

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I will say this, Mark Jackson didn't say anything explicitly bad like Chris Broussard. He was at least smart with his words. I do wish there was more acceptance though.

Local High School Star

This piece of shit cheats on his wife and then prays for someone who is gay like he is above them?

Mother ****er what are your prayers worth what kind of godly man are you? Typical hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I will say this, Mark Jackson didn't say anything explicitly bad like Chris Broussard. He was at least smart with his words. I do wish there was more acceptance though.

What's your opinion on Broussard? Was he trying to keep it less explicit?