Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game opinions on Lakers-Celtics 2010 NBA Finals game 1

This looks like it is going to be a classic series. Ups and downs for both teams will be the norm. Obviously the Lakers still have a bit of a rash from '08 and came to make a statement tonight. Statement made, but it's only one game and I think there was more pressure on the Lakers to win this than there was for Boston. You're supposed to win game 1 if you're at home.

Anyone that doesn't expect the Celtics to respond is delirious.

I felt fortunate the Bynum was able to give us what he did. It really helped to fortify the middle like that. Brown and Farmar didn't make me want to throw a brick through the TV, so I'll take that. All in all, a very well rounded team victory.

I won't get too high about it all. I would think people would be happy to have a dogfight to look forward to rather than talk trash about sweeps, in 5, in 6, yada, yada, yada. No reason to believe this won't go to late rounds

Truth=10 time all-star Duranthebest's Avatar

Default Re: Rajon Rondo is soooooooo overrated!!!!

The only thing about I hate about Rondo is how he likes to milk assist instead of moving the ball.
    Last edited by Duranthebest; 06-04-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Local High School Star

Rondo with another GOAT game.

:

Quote Originally Posted by EllEffEll
    This looks like it is going to be a classic series. Ups and downs for both teams will be the norm. Obviously the Lakers still have a bit of a rash from '08 and came to make a statement tonight. Statement made, but it's only one game and I think there was more pressure on the Lakers to win this than there was for Boston. You're supposed to win game 1 if you're at home.

Anyone that doesn't expect the Celtics to respond is delirious.

I felt fortunate the Bynum was able to give us what he did. It really helped to fortify the middle like that. Brown and Farmar didn't make me want to throw a brick through the TV, so I'll take that. All in all, a very well rounded team victory.

I won't get too high about it all. I would think people would be happy to have a dogfight to look forward to rather than talk trash about sweeps, in 5, in 6, yada, yada, yada. No reason to believe this won't go to late rounds
    Boston wil respond but I don't see it happening until we go to Boston. L.A looked great at times last night and I see the same happen again in game two. Lakers are proving why they havn't lost at home all playoffs.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Rondo didn't have a bad game, but he didn't have a great one either. I don't think he will be getting a lot of points this series. Even if he did blow past Kobe or whoever that was guarding him, the Lakers big just block his lapups. I thought he wouldn't have trouble since he did against Howard and the Cavs bigs, but the Lakers were more focused this time around.

Plus, he gave some good looks to his teammates, it just that none of them couldn't get it done.

Saw a basketball once LAKERS DUDE's Avatar

[COLOR="Yellow"][/COLOR]

LAKERS PLAYA A GOOD GAME 1 TO NIGHT

SO GO LAKERS AND GET IT DONE

Big, big win for LA...it cannot be said enough how huge that game one victory was. But the Lakers need to forget it and move onto the next game because this series is far from over and they know it. I'm very happy for Kobe, Gasol and Artest...the 3 best Lakers on the court today. For Artest because his addition to the Lakers has been criticized throughout the season, especially earlier in the playoffs when he wasn't making shots. For Kobe and Gasol because more than anyone else on this team, they took the 08 finals personally and that's why they were better than everyone on the floor today.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Boston wil respond but I don't see it happening until we go to Boston. L.A looked great at times last night and I see the same happen again in game two. Lakers are proving why they havn't lost at home all playoffs.
    If Boston doesn't win Game 2, the series is over! So I expect them to win.

Garnet needs to show up defensively and offensively. Ray to not get in foul troubles so early.

Rondo wasn't that bad actually so I don't get some of his hate right now. He was attacking and playing the same style he's been playing but it just happened the Lakers played great defense around the rim. He and Pierce were the two best guys tonight for Boston.

Boston can easily redeem themselves by stealing game 2 and going home for 3 games and shut out the series in 5 games...not probable but possible.if the lakers can win game 2 it will be a huge momentum swing and the celtics will be pressured to win game 3 which i believe they will but if the lakers can steal one in boston then i hope they will finish it off in LA

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

kobe did a good job guarding him

Local High School Star

But But but buuuu but Rondo is unguardable by any Laker and make the Celtics unstoppable at other posit---

Ff**** outta here. The dude is a decent PG and nothing more.

Game 2 being on Sunday favors Boston. If Boston wins Game 2 people will be saying how they can win 3 straight in Boston. Everyone calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili
    Game 2 being on Sunday favors Boston. If Boston wins Game 2 people will be saying how they can win 3 straight in Boston. Everyone calm down.
    Game 2 favours L.A too gives guys to rest up even more. If Lakers struggled to win game 1 then I could see Boston winning it but with the way L.A controled the game from start to finish you have to like Lakers in game 2 as well.

The game was pretty much a blowout but this can still be a really close series.

This game was called pretty tight. Lots of player in foul trouble. I think we see how important Ray Allen is to the Celtics offense.

That being said the Lakers defense and physical play won this game tonight.
    I kept hearing from the so called experts that the Lakers where in for a rude awaking when they play a very physical Celtics team but it was the other way around. I was impressed how the Lakers got to the basket this game. Kobe, Fish, Farmer, and Brown all attacking at will...loved it! The Lakers made the Celtics look slow and old they are defiantly the quicker and more importantly healthier team at this moment.

Now I think Game 2 will be much of the same IMO. The Celtics will need their home crowd to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Game 2 favours L.A too gives guys to rest up even more. If Lakers struggled to win game 1 then I could see Boston winning it but with the way L.A controled the game from start to finish you have to like Lakers in game 2 as well.
    And we will be in our Sunday whites!!!! GO LAKES!!!!!!