Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: How do you beat the Celtics in Boston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
Ray Ray is the only player on that team that I still have respect for
RayRay=class act,highest EQ of them all
NBA Joe Dumars NBA Sportsmanship Award: 2003
The Sporting News "Good Guy": 2000, 2001, 2005
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Actually, it's almost impossible to run on Boston. Rondo's defense is incredible on the ball, and teams frequently start running thier offense with less than 14 seconds on the shot clock.

Boston's defense is too good. Like someone else said above, you need to catch them on a bad offensive night. Other than that, I don't see how anyone in the league can win in Boston.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
LXIX
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LXIX has an OK reputation so far

Maybe you should ask the Nuggets!
LXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Actually, it's almost impossible to run on Boston. Rondo's defense is incredible on the ball, and teams frequently start running thier offense with less than 14 seconds on the shot clock.

Boston's defense is too good. Like someone else said above, you need to catch them on a bad offensive night. Other than that, I don't see how anyone in the league can win in Boston.

it's hard to catch them on bad offensive night since they don't depend on 1 particular player to carry them, a good example is last nights game. Rondo was the difference. If leon Powe catches you on bad night, he'll punch holes in your defense,perkins too and tony alllen too.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #20
pERKiSaBEAST
BEASTIN' on Bynum

pERKiSaBEAST has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
it's hard to catch them on bad offensive night since they don't depend on 1 particular player to carry them, a good example is last nights game. Rondo was the difference. If leon Powe catches you on bad night, he'll punch holes in your defense,perkins too and tony alllen too.

Exactly!

BUT, that said, they still have had a number of bad offensive games, last year and this year.

I have to say though, this is an area where they seem to making an improvement in lately, a steady improvement...

...This should be frightening for the rest of the league.
pERKiSaBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #21
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

I don't know what the fuss is about a bad offensive night, because even if their shots aren't falling, that lockdown D is not going to let you score more than them. Even if it's 62-60 for the final score, the C's are unbeatable at home and I am talking about the post season. Yeah it can be done a few times at home like the Nuggets, but can they do this at least once if they were to meet in the NBA Finals?

This is why I think the Cavaliers have to fight for home court advantage this season.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: