Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Tom Brady is now the undisputed GOAT football player, unfortunately.

Brady has the ultimate intangible. The refs

Default Re: Tim Brady is now the undisputed GOAT football player, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    As impossible as it is to compare quarterbacks by actual ability and remove the outside influences...I dont see how we are gonna compare a QB to Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, LT, or whoever.

John elway vs Deacon Jones....I dont even know where you begin.

Ever have an Anthony Munoz vs Night Train Lane discussion? Id imagine its a tough one.
    That was a bad, bad mother ****er. Plus the GOAT nickname possibly. I could imagine him and Butkus having a LOT of fun together ****ing people up

Banned

Default Re: Tim Brady is now the undisputed GOAT football player, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    As impossible as it is to compare quarterbacks by actual ability and remove the outside influences...I dont see how we are gonna compare a QB to Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, LT, or whoever.

John elway vs Deacon Jones....I dont even know where you begin.

Ever have an Anthony Munoz vs Night Train Lane discussion? Id imagine its a tough one.

except QB is the most important position and they win mvp most of the time so naturally the best qb ever is the best and most important/valuable player ever by default

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    except QB is the most important position and they win mvp most of the time so naturally the best qb ever is the best and most important/valuable player ever by default
    Depending on the team, a MLB can be more important than a QB.

But yeah usually you're right.

Default Re: Tom Brady is now the undisputed GOAT football player, unfortunately.

Brady is the greatest player to ever step foot on a football field.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Belicheck system.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Belicheck system.
    Belicheck was passed by the league 5 years ago. Brady has been carrying this team since then

I give Brady his due but I can't stand the Cheatriots. I just became a Rams fan for a few weeks.

Belicheck system.
    belichick had a losing record without brady

then brady starts and suddenly he's a genius?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    belichick had a losing record without brady

then brady starts and suddenly he's a genius?

He was the lynchpin behind giants rings in the 90s as well. A Phillip rivers type would do the same thing in bills system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I give Brady his due but I can't stand the Cheatriots. I just became a Rams fan for a few weeks.

this...seems like every triumph is always plagued by some botched call, etc.

Brady, as much I hate him as a Jets fan, is just unrelenting and the ultimate competitor. can't say he's the GOAT of all sports, but def in the NFL.

with that said...Rams ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    That was a bad, bad mother ****er. Plus the GOAT nickname possibly. I could imagine him and Butkus having a LOT of fun together ****ing people up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BaPMMYekkA

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Football is too diverse to declare a clearcut GOAT.

OTOH, what if Brady loses another Superbowl? Does Brady get the Lebron treatment? Does Joe Cool get rank ahead for being perfect in the Superbowl?

He was the lynchpin behind giants rings in the 90s as well. A Phillip rivers type would do the same thing in bills system.
    and? Wade Phillips was a great D coordinator and scuked as a HC

Belichick had the good browns(playoff team that went to a AFC championships before and after him after they became the Ravens) and a pro bowl and SB starter Drew Bledsoe

ist just strange how american footbal or baseball can be so popular in the US.

American Football is full of interruptions and time outs and what ever….. no flow at all.