Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: hey 3ball retard

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So we really just pretending Kobe, Lebron, AI, Arenas, Pierce, Ray Allen, Dirk, and Melo all hit their career highs by chance and guys like Nash went from pretty good to all time great in that run by chance and the leagues altered perimeter defense rules had nothing to do with the little explosion those years?

Jason Richardson with his 1976 handles was having back to back 40 point games shooting 17-26 vs the NBA champs putting up over 23 a game which in the late 90s would have had him top 3 in the league. Arenas handing the Lakers and Suns 60 and 54 a few days apart. AI, Lebron, and Arenas all having 33ppg months. 30+ year old AI had 3 34ppg months one season alone. Raw Lebron putting up 33ppg for 3 months. Pierce doing 27 on 47% shooting when he was just doing 23 on 40%. Wade totally unguardable in the playoffs. Defenders forced to play with their hands nearly behind their bodies to avoid a call and every bump in the lane a foul.

Kobe was like the others....having career nights because the league decided it didnt want the Pistons and Spurs making games ugly anymore. They opened it up on purpose and anyone good looked great and anyone great looks unstoppable. The true elites like Kobe became gods.

Doesnt mean they were actually better at basketball all of a sudden.

90 MJ is better than 2013 Lebron because hes a better basketball player. All that who won what this particular season shit does it let people who dont want to really get in too deep pretend they know the intricacies of these peoples games. Players are essentially who they are for years at a time win or lose injury aside. THe circumstances around them change more than they do.

06 Kobe isnt some special version. Its essentially 03 Kobe in a league where past his prime AI can score like he never did at his peak. 2001 Kobe on his own team in 2006 would have been hell. 2010 Kobe on a bad team in 06 would have been hell. Any version of Bulls Jordan would have been. Hell 01 Wizards Jordan might have done 28 a game in 2006 if he stayed healthy.

The change started in 05 but by 06 and 07? Good wing players could do whatever they wanted. Go watch clips of Jason Richardson giving the heat 44. Watch James Posey get a couple fouls then literally play with his arms wide behind his back damn near guiding Jrich into the lane to draw blocking fouls on guys who didnt do shit.

It was simply a different league and it was by design. Dantoni was on record saying the league wanted to gt the bruisers influence down and get back to skills and open up the game. The ref emphasis was on holding, hand checking, bumping on drives, and generally doing anything to stop a talented exciting guard from having his way.

Of course Kobe went off in 06 and 07. Guys not half as talented as him were scoring more than superstars did in 1998. Kobe was still Kobe. He was just Kobe in a bitch ass league much like Harden and the rest of these guys are in now...to a much worse degree.

Second 3 peat Jordan was as good as anyone ever was other than 88-93 Jordan and the few guys who have a legit GOAT case. Those guys could match slowed down Jordan. You seem to think Kobe was one such player just as some do for Lebron.

I dont agree. But it isnt so wrong I feel a need to lose my mind over it.

You could argue peak Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Hakeem,...whoever....vs post prime Jordan. Thats fine. I take Jordan but you wont automatically look like an idiot for going the other way.

You on here acting like someone spit in your Chipotle burrito over people taking Jordan is pretty childish really.

The stars of 06 were not special because they scored more than ever. They were in a special league. Look at all the stars outside Kobe...that should be clear.

oh look theres kblaze sticking his foot in his mouth within the first few sentences and totally taking away all need to read anything else beyond that point

as per usual

hey moron... did you forget that kobes scoring assault on the league started in 2001... averaging basically 30ppg in the regular season and playoffs

and by 2002 he was dropping near 60 point games through 3 quarters

and racking up month long 40ppg runs by 2003

setting 3 point records

9 consecutive 40's

you're an absolute jackass for lumping kobe in with nash

what are you high?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    You know you're not supposed to drink with the antidepressants you take, kenneth.

Very good NBA starter

Who can drive Kenneth home, he's drunk.

ken you can retire

Banned

kobe had more 50 point games as a 2nd option from 2002-2003 than larry bird had in his entire career as a first option

but his scoring ability was only due to the 2005 rules change

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    ken you can retire

i'm just getting started

you think you saw the best of me? see what happens when i have fresh meat to feed on

Banned

kobe's 40 point streak ended in 2003 because shaq went to phil and cried

he would have legit averaged near 40ppg for the rest of the season.. averaged 35+... dropped more 50's and a few 60's

but kblaze thinks the rules were the difference... no... opportunity was the difference

interview:
    https://youtu.be/AbYXovQAEvk?t=171

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Damm Kobe and Jordan stans are turning on eachother?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

the more jordan fans crack like this the more i have a feeling lebron is being legitimized by it

they suddenly see kobe as a threat and need to lie about shit

i haven't seen this since 2012/13 or so

it means jordan stans are losing their edge and the mainstream is accepting lebron as the goat

i never accepted jordan as the goat truthfully ... i always felt kareem was. he's the guy people should be backing as the all time greatest. he's more untouchable IMO because he dominated every level ... and not just for a moment.. he dominated college for 4 years and the nba for 20 years ontop of dominating highschool

jordan was cut in highschool. a 2nd banana in college and only really played
    11 years in the nba if you don't count injured years/wizards or 1/4th of a season

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

It

Kobe Stan

I don't understand the posters who lament the defensive changes in 2006 but then ignore how crappy defense was in the 80's and even early 90's on average. Sure there were a few elite defensive teams but when I watch a lot of old games im SHOCKED at how little defensive movement there is, ticky tack fouls, and just the crazy amount of WIDE open 18-20 footers.

For me, the most elite defensive era was actually petty short, i'd say very late 90's to maybe 2005. So if anything, this should boost Shaq even higher (Shaq is 5th all time for me) and of course Kobe some too (I have Kobe around 8th all time)

But there are too many old heads who see the past through rose tinted glasses (Youtube has been around for over a decade, we have all the objective evidence we need and there is no need to rely on 30-40 year old memories).

That being said, kid who are teenagers and younger ALSO overhype the current generation as well. The truth is clearly in between.

I disagree often with 3ball and Kenny (especially)...but I would CLEARLY take 06 and 07 Kobe over 98 MJ without a doubt.

MJ is GOAT but goddamn the last half of the 90's was probably the weakest time period of the modern era.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This guy has reverted back to his 2010 insanity. Asking if I forgot shit I mentioned myself:

06 Kobe isnt some special version. Its essentially 03 Kobe in a league where past his prime AI can score like he never did at his peak. 2001 Kobe on his own team in 2006 would have been hell. 2010 Kobe on a bad team in 06 would have been hell. Any version of Bulls Jordan would have been. Hell 01 Wizards Jordan might have done 28 a game in 2006 if he stayed healthy.

I suppose you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    This guy has reverted back to his 2010 insanity. Asking if I forgot shit I mentioned myself:

I suppose you’re due for another run of Kobe induced madness resulting in 4-5 names getting banned. You just don’t have to in you to be rational long term on some subjects.

when did i say 2003 kobe wasn't great. he's slightly behind 2006/07 kobe

all 3 are arguably right there with any version of jordan IMO

2003 kobe was the guy that jordan was afraid to guard when he nearly dropped 50 in a half

he was a bad mother f*cker

and what 4-5 names? i use one account. if this one gets banned because you're getting clocked upside the head then thats up to you. i would take it as a compliment since you see me as a threat to your hero's legacy

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]It

Serious playground baller

So we are singling out individual seasons for players now? I don't care if 06/07 Kobe is better than 98 MJ. These players had careers longer than 1-2 years. LBJ and Kobe stans still feel insecure and keep forgetting that we compare a player's whole body of work, not single seasons.

What's next... single games?