Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Took a major hit today.

Had a 4 hour low-impact session today. If I am not sore after this one I am good to go.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    4-5 months? Seems like you had more than a pull, there was probably structural damage.. then again if you kept forcing the issue you may have reaggravated it before it fully healed.

I think I do have some genetic hip issues but it also doesn't help that I am 37 and really have never taken time off from anything aside from a few weeks for a ruptured pec. It was a pretty bad pull and I thought for a while it was a hernia but it ended up just being a bad pull.

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
    I think I do have some genetic hip issues but it also doesn't help that I am 37 and really have never taken time off from anything aside from a few weeks for a ruptured pec. It was a pretty bad pull and I thought for a while it was a hernia but it ended up just being a bad pull.
    You are no spring chicken. Relax and maybe turn it down a notch before you really hurt yourself. Your recuperation time is longer now than it was 3 years ago and certainly more than in your 20's. Best of luck.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    You are no spring chicken. Relax and maybe turn it down a notch before you really hurt yourself. Your recuperation time is longer now than it was 3 years ago and certainly more than in your 20's. Best of luck.

Thanks lol, I just don't want to take it too easy because if I try to slow down it seems like I starting slowing down more without trying if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
    Thanks lol, I just don't want to take it too easy because if I try to slow down it seems like I starting slowing down more without trying if you know what I mean.
    i do, bro.

I am now realizing that I am conscious of not getting hit again. Psychological trauma... :/