Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Best shoes for playing youve ever used?

I was just curious what people thought.
    I really love the kobe 4s and Jordan 28s for playing. I completely wore the soles down on my 4s I played with them so much in highschpol.

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Best shoes for playing youve ever used?

I'm going to call it a 3 way tie between Kobe 8's, clutch fit drive lows, and Curry 1 lows. I've had some CP3's that I liked as well but didn't like the height and a pair of hyperdunk lows that were good but lacked cushioning.

Tolerant Liberals

Low cut Kobe 7s are dope. Still rock these to the gym & to other sports, been like 4 years.

Nike Air Quick Handle
    Nike Dual Fusion
    Nike Dream Season X

Not airballing my layups anymore

Jordan Crush were my favorite. I bought a pair at finish line and wore them out and liked them so much I bought another pair on ebay. I also had a pair of the Kobe 5's. Best thing in my opinion was they felt tight enough to play in before even lacing them up.

Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's have probably been my favorites. I've heard good things about the low-top Kobe X's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's have probably been my favorites. I've heard good things about the low-top Kobe X's.
    I played in my new Kobe 10s for the first time today. They feel kind of stiff to be honest. The traction is pretty perfect though. I like them way better than I did my 8s though.
    I think maybe if I break them in some more, they'll be better, but to be honest I probably won't ever use them over my 28s which are pretty much perfect.

I hear great reviews about lowtop Kobes...unfortunately I don't want to risk ankle issues for a little movement.

I hate ankle injuries at this age, they take forever to heal

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I hear great reviews about lowtop Kobes...unfortunately I don't want to risk ankle issues for a little movement.

I hate ankle injuries at this age, they take forever to heal

How high are the shoes you wear now? I play in nothing but low tops with wide bottoms now because it always seemed high tops made a rolled ankle worse. If you think about it most high tops come right around your ankle so when you do roll it the upper actually pushes on the inside of your ankle

NBA Superstar

I've been loyal to the Jordan V over the years, but I have fond memories of my Nike Hyperdunks.

Those may have been the absolute best fit I've had, though they ripped in the midsole early on (could still be salvaged).

I also think the Jordan XIV's did pretty well for me.

National High School Star

Nike Zoom Flight 2k3's & it isn't even close

After that would be along the lines of Jordan 28's i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I played in my new Kobe 10s for the first time today. They feel kind of stiff to be honest. The traction is pretty perfect though. I like them way better than I did my 8s though.
    I think maybe if I break them in some more, they'll be better, but to be honest I probably won't ever use them over my 28s which are pretty much perfect.
    IMO Kobe 9s are better, also fair cheaper now that you can find them on sale.

Decent playground baller

i was gonna get the jordan 28 SE's but i heard the air bubbles popped on people. also heard they had beastly traction though

Quote Originally Posted by Underballer
    i was gonna get the jordan 28 SE's but i heard the air bubbles popped on people. also heard they had beastly traction though

I had a pair that I played in 5 times before the front bags started coming out

I'm hoping to try the Kobe 10's soon, I've heard they are really well cushioned and good for us old people

Quote Originally Posted by Underballer
    I have 2 pairs of the original xx8's, neither air bubble has popped and i still play in them occasionally, had a pair of Super Fly 2s which utized a slight modified set up, they're still going strong to & 2 pairs of Melo M10's, one of which has popped.

There is the risk, but definitely worth it.