Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sneaker Prices Out of Control

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    I don't see why sneaker heads never go all out for the holiday sales?

I got 3 new pairs of shoes that in total cost me less than $200 from Finish Line.

1. Red/Black Nike Lunar Hyperquickness (Trevor Ariza/ O.J. Mayo shoes)

2. Red Nike Prime Hype DF

3. Black/Grey Nike Air Max Stutter Step 2 (Vince Carter shoes)
    ....Nobody wants those shoes though

We want the yeezy's, retros, nmd's. I'm on the line of buying Jordan 5 Obsidians, but I'd rather get it from eastbay (with code could get for like 140) rather than finish line where it's 190 plus 10 shipping (yall REALLY charging for shipping on a 190 dollar product????).

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    ....Nobody wants those shoes though

We want the yeezy's, retros, nmd's. I'm on the line of buying Jordan 5 Obsidians, but I'd rather get it from eastbay (with code could get for like 140) rather than finish line where it's 190 plus 10 shipping (yall REALLY charging for shipping on a 190 dollar product????).
    Don't complain about shoe prices if you're trying to get J's.

Mhm. Eastbay does look a little affordable

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Don't complain about shoe prices if you're trying to get J's.

You'd be a stupid sheep not to when I just explained how you can get it for $140 instead of $190.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    You'd be a stupid sheep not to when I just explained how you can get it for $140 instead of $190.....
    $140 for one pair of shoes is still a joke

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxKDfuLAgw&nohtml5

I was watching this and the guy goes "$125, at it's price point you really can't go wrong"

....wtf? Why are we being charged these amounts for a bunch of plastic mass produced in a factory that cost 5 bucks to manufacture?

I see these "Jordan retros" come out every once in a while going for 170 bucks....wtf? Limiting quantity on decades old shoes to give off the image that they are some exclusive commodity like a rare painting or some sh!t...

It's just ridiculous that every halfway decent performance bball sneaker is coming out for 140+ bucks when these things are no harder or more expensive to make than box of tissues.
    Sneakers are sorta priced in an aye hole kinda way... I paid tha full muscle one time for my Air Penny 5's ($185) and thought to myself, 'I'm from Memphis, but has Penny ever done $185 worth of anything in my life??'

But Nike has clearly earned tha right to name their price. Top athletes, top designs, top marketing, top shoe technology, top brand reputation for decades. They set tha market and I believe lesser competition has to overcharge just to keep up.

Jordan, let's just pretend they're not there. Tha sneaker game looks pretty intriguing in those small moments that you can pull that off lol

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    $140 for one pair of shoes is still a joke

J's, Penny's and Griffey's in the 90's were $140

Prices have been the same for 20 years now

Demand will always dictate price, regardless of era and mostly people are impressionable followers

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Those kids buying those NMD's and Yeezy's are nothing but little hypebeasts thinking a shoe defines them and their status. No wonder a socially ackward person like Sajo would be all over them and brag about a steal

Jordan's maybe for historical value and nostalgia. But some ugly ass knitting with styrofoam on the bottom? only the sheep would follow the masses off a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Those kids buying those NMD's and Yeezy's are nothing but little hypebeasts thinking a shoe defines them and their status. No wonder a socially ackward person like Sajo would be all over them and brag about a steal

Jordan's maybe for historical value and nostalgia. But some ugly ass knitting with styrofoam on the bottom? only the sheep would follow the masses off a cliff
    I'd actually have more respect (less disdain) with kids wearing NMDs than one wearing retro Jordans. You're absolutely right, Jordans are for nostalgia, same reason why nike could charge over $200 for them. They are marketed to older people who can spend the $200.

But for teenagers? Absolute sheep. How can they connect to the shoe when they couldn't possibly have watched the man play in his prime. More disappointed with their parents spending that kind of cash just so their kid could fit in.

With NMDs, it's actually a reasonable price point, looks comfortable, and most importantly it defines their generation. Let the kids love sneakers of today. They don't need some old guy telling them what's cool or not, they can decide for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I'd actually have more respect (less disdain) with kids wearing NMDs than one wearing retro Jordans. You're absolutely right, Jordans are for nostalgia, same reason why nike could charge over $200 for them. They are marketed to older people who can spend the $200.

But for teenagers? Absolute sheep. How can they connect to the shoe when they couldn't possibly have watched the man play in his prime. More disappointed with their parents spending that kind of cash just so their kid could fit in.

With NMDs, it's actually a reasonable price point, looks comfortable, and most importantly it defines their generation. Let the kids love sneakers of today. They don't need some old guy telling them what's cool or not, they can decide for themselves.
    Boosts are the Jordans of my time. Although it's absurd the resell Yeezy's can get. My friend told me he got a steal at $1300????

Back in my day resell wasn't as common but even then 3 times the price was cap. 6x+? Unbelievable.

The shoe landscape is completely different now. It's a resellers game. People buy shoes with intent to resell, not collect. I'd don't look at people's shoes as collections, I look at them as second hand stores.

Nike.com use code BONUS20 for an additional 20% off clearance.

Ends 5/16. Some good kicks to be had:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/mens-clearance/47Z7pu