Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Shaquille O'Neal: "Chris Paul Is Not Better Than Rajon Rondo"

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Give Chris Paul 3-4 years to mesh with his teammates and he will look as comfortable as Rondo does with the Celtics.
    I predict even THIS season in year two he's really going to shine. Him and Griffin will be getting an entire summer and training camp together not to mention most likely Olympics together.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Give Chris Paul 3-4 years to mesh with his teammates and he will look as comfortable as Rondo does with the Celtics.
    Give Rondo players who can run actually with him and he'll look still pretty damn impressive.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Help me understand???

Here are their CAREER PLAYOFF averages.
    Compare them year by year in the playoffs..

-08: CP3 obviously
    -09: Rondo obviously.. 17/10/10 through multiple rounds versus 17/10/4 on worse shooting and first round exit.
    -10: Rondo had a great run almost winning a ring while recording the C's highest PER(just for reference.. he had a case for the best player on that team).. CP3 didnt make the playoffs.
    -11: Chris Paul shredded LA while rondo played just average against MIA.. Cp3.
    -12: Clearly Rondo.

3-2 Rondo.

Rondo has led the postseason in assists 4 times and steals 3 times. Chris Paul has never led anything.. mostly because hes played 1/3 the number of games as Rondo and has only made it out of the first round twice in his whole career. Rondo's easily had the more decorated playoff career.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Compare them year by year in the playoffs..

-08: CP3 obviously
    -09: Rondo obviously.. 17/10/10 through multiple rounds versus 17/10/4 on worse shooting and first round exit.
    -10: Rondo had a great run almost winning a ring while recording the C's highest PER(just for reference.. he had a case for the best player on that team).. CP3 didnt make the playoffs.
    -11: Chris Paul shredded LA while rondo played just average against MIA.. Cp3.
    -12: Clearly Rondo.

3-2 Rondo.

Rondo has led the postseason in assists 4 times and steals 3 times. Chris Paul has never led anything.. mostly because hes played 1/3 the number of games as Rondo and has only made it out of the first round twice in his whole career. Rondo's easily had the more decorated playoff career.
    You're giving opinions and speculation... I'm posting NUMBERS. CP3's CAREER playoff numbers and performance throughout the years shit on Rondo, no question. Rondo may have bigger individual games but what separates the ELITE from all stars is CONSISTENCY. CP3 can give you big all around games every single night for an entire season+playoffs, Rondo can't and never has.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-12-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

You're giving opinions and speculation... I'm posting NUMBERS. CP3's CAREER playoff numbers and performance throughout the years shit on Rondo, no question. Rondo may have bigger individual games but what separates the ELITE from all stars is CONSISTENCY. CP3 can give you big all around games every single night for an entire season+playoffs, Rondo can't and never has.
    Rondo practically began his career running an offense revolving around KG, Pierce and Ray Allen. CP3 is obviously a more rounded offensive player but Rondo does what the team need him to. Big games on a nightly basis is not really one of them. BUT in 09 his team needed him to and he played pretty damn well. Look at the 09 series against the Bulls. Still one of my favorite series. He even played relatively well all around the next series. Wasn't very efficient but none of the Celtics perimeter players shined particularly well. Most likely due to a lack of an inside post presence.

Rondo does have a case as a PG on CP3's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Rondo does have a case as a PG on CP3's level.
    Yes, I agree.

I would probably still put Paul ahead of him as of now, but Rondo's impressive playoff play and it's more likely he will play a bigger role as the Big 3 from before will be broken up...

I expect this to be a very intriguing rivalry.

Help me understand???

Here are their CAREER PLAYOFF averages.

Chris Paul: 20.5 ppg, 10.1 apg, 5.2 rpg, 2.5 spg on 47.3 percent shooting from field, 33.7 percent from deep and 87.2 percent from the stripe. ONLY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY TO HAVE CAREER PLAYOFF AVERAGES OF 20 PPG, 10 APG AND 5 RPG.

Rajon Rondo: 14.5 ppg, 6 rpg, 9.2 apg, 2.2 spg on 44.5 percent shooting from the field, 27.7 percent from deep and 64.7 percent from the stripe.

If you're talking about team success such as the one championship and two ECF appearances that's completely bogus because the 08 Celtics are arguably a top 5 or at worst top 10 all around team in NBA history. This years Celtics.... KG has been absolutely dominant in most of the playoffs and for the first two rounds was actually the Celtics best player all around.

This was the first year of CP3's career outside of maybe 08 where he had a legit team and he got to 2nd round. No training camp or practices either.
    Yeah, Rondo played with ball dominant players and great scorers, that being said he wasn't the protagonist of the team in his early years for that reason he doesn't have better CAREER stats. Wanna compare last 4 playoffs?

CP3: 20.07 ppg 5.2 RPG 10.2 APG
    Rondo: 16 ppg 6.8 RPG 10.1 APG

Playing much more games in the course of the playoffs, with better defense. I'm sorry, the world has open its eyes, the stars can recognize a brother among us, the great Rajon Rondo

CP3, what have you done for me lately? Right now, Rondo is the best point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    CP3, what have you done for me lately? Right now, Rondo is the best point guard.
    At least you're honest .

Rondo had what ? 9 triple doubles this season. 3 or 4 of them during the po. CP3 had more triple double during the po than CP3 has during the past two seasons.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

CP3 can give you big all around games every single night for an entire season+playoffs, Rondo can't and never has.
    You're just so wrong.

I am your soldier!

Also, for people that still claim Rondo is only good because he plays with 3 HOFers...

76% of KG's points were assisted in 11-12
    57% of Pierce's points were assisted in 11-12
    78% of Ray Allen's points were assisted in 11-12
    77% of Brandon Bass' points were assisted in 11-12
    67% of Avery Bradley's points were assisted in 11-12

Outside of Pierce (when he's hot), these guys do not get their own shots. Rondo does that for them.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He is not in everyones top three. Unless many people in this thread go Lebron, Rondo, Paul as the top 3?
    Regardless, he could be top 3 and underrated, as many fans dont understand the game on a deep level, therefore cant appreciate Paul's standard of play.
    Obviously the context for discussion is point guards and he's in everyone's Top 3

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Rondos 09' playoff performance debunks anything naysayers bring to this thread

I get a kick out of Clipperfan too because being that CP3 had an underwhelming performance against the Spurs.... He goes and switches his Avy to the new shiny toy Bledsoe because in the "what have you done for me lately" fashion he goes with the young kid who had good moments against them and uses it as a catalyst to cover over hurt feelings and his angst directed at their coach

You'd think he'd be rockin a CP3 avy for all his emotionally distraught replies in every thread not lauding the players on his team as the absolute best....

As I said a couple weeks ago...if you liked Clipper players CF86 does everything in his power to make sure you end up hating them. Dude doesn't have 1 objective bone in his body
    Last edited by TheBluest; 06-12-2012 at 12:19 PM.