Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Things Kobe-haters say

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Yeah what makes what Kobe does so special? Like I said J Rich is a better shooter. Makes more shots. Hits more 3's. I've never seen that matched by Kobe's individual play. Unless your one of those people who only care about PPG. Which I'm guessing you all are.
    Kyle Korver >>> all.

2009-2010 season: 49%/54%/80%

Kyle Korver is a better shooter than J Rich AND KOBE. I've never seen that matched by J Rich and Kobe's individual play. Unless your one of those people who only care about PPG. Which I'm guessing you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Kyle Korver >>> all.

Kyle Korver is a better shooter than J Rich AND KOBE. I've never seen that matched by J Rich and Kobe's individual play. Unless your one of those people who only care about PPG. Which I'm guessing you all are.

After posting that, I just put him on the IL. You know I'm not a Kobe fan, but come on son. LOL

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Kyle Korver >>> all.

Kyle Korver is a better shooter than J Rich AND KOBE. Makes more shots. Hits more 3's. I've never seen that matched by J Rich and Kobe's individual play. Unless your one of those people who only care about PPG. Which I'm guessing you all are.
    How is that the same were comparing 2 6'6 slashing SG's who are known for big dunks. JRich is bigger and stronger then either Kobe or Kyle Korver. PPG matters to an extent. 20 PPG is a lot. I'm saying the jump to 30 isn't relevant if you lose efficiency in the process. All Kyle Korver can do is shoot 3's. And in my opinion Jrich can do everything Kobe can do. And 360 dunk it.

How is that the same were comparing 2 6'6 slashing SG's who are known for big dunks. JRich is bigger and stronger then either Kobe or Kyle Korver. PPG matters to an extent. 20 PPG is a lot. I'm saying the jump to 30 isn't relevant if you lose efficiency in the process. All Kyle Korver can do is shoot 3's. And in my opinion Jrich can do everything Kobe can do. And 360 dunk it.

J Rich career FG%: 44 TS%: 53 PPG: 17.5
    Kobe career FG%: 45 TS%: 55 ppg: 25.4

or let's take their best season
    J Rich FG%: 45 TS%: 54 ppg:23
    Kobe FG%: 45 ts%: 56 ppg: 35

yes J Rich is as good as Kobe because he can 360 dunk as well.
    Last edited by riseagainst; 08-21-2012 at 03:27 PM.

J Rich career FG%: 44 TS%: 53 PPG: 17.5
    Kobe career FG%: 45 TS%: 55 ppg: 25.4

or let's take their best season
    J Rich FG%: 45 TS%: 54 ppg:23
    Kobe FG%: 45 ts%: 56 ppg: 35

yes J Rich is as good as Kobe because he can 360 dunk as well.
    Did you really use TS%? Ok. I admit it. Kobe is a good free throw shooter. So better footwork and better at free throws. Free throws are important so it's not a knock on him. J-Rich is more efficient but a fairly poor free throw shooter. But hes a better 3 point shooter and has a post game and can dunk. Kobe takes more shots. But a bulk of his points come from free throws anyway
    Last edited by HorryIsMyMVP; 08-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Did you really use TS%? Ok. I admit it. Kobe is a good free throw shooter. So better footwork and better at free throws. Free throws are important so it's not a knock on him.
    i posted fg% too in case you were gonna complain.
    kobe has the same fg% as J Rich, so where does the lower efficiency come in when you jump from 20ppg to 30 ppg?

don't tell you are going to just 3-point % now.
    only 2 things I see J Rich's better than Kobe at: 3point shooting and less turnovers a game.
    Last edited by riseagainst; 08-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.

i posted fg% too in case you were gonna complain.
    kobe has the same fg% as J Rich, so where does the lower efficiency come in when you jump from 20ppg to 30 ppg?

don't tell you are going to just 3-point % now.
    Nah the only reason Kobe averages more points per game is because he takes more free throws. Kobe has taken almost 10,000 career free throws. While JRich is at 2,600. Alas from the original argument that they are the same and JRich could do what Kobe does if he got 10,000 free throws.

Nah the only reason Kobe averages more points per game is because he takes more free throws. Kobe has taken almost 10,000 career free throws. While JRich is at 2,600. Alas from the original argument that they are the same and JRich could do what Kobe does if he got 10,000 free throws.
    but they still have the same fg%. how does that explain the "the jump from 20ppg to 30ppg isn't significant/relevant if you lower your efficiency."

Kobe took 8 more shots a game during those 2 years I compared. they have the same FG%.

but they still have the same fg%. how does that explain the "the jump from 20ppg to 30ppg isn't significant/relevant if you lower your efficiency."

Kobe took 8 more shots a game during those 2 years I compared. they have the same FG%.
    Alright I might have been wrong on a career level when it comes to efficiency but J-Rich can get hot and he does have better shot selection. I think some years he just doesn't care because he played for the Warriors. But when he is playing with a fire it's raw. One of the few players with a heart of gold. But hes not a Superstar in the NBA. So he will never get treated like one. He isn't in that elite club of people who get breathed on and take free throws.

Alright I might have been wrong on a career level when it comes to efficiency but J-Rich can get hot and he does have better shot selection. I think some years he just doesn't care because he played for the Warriors. But when he is playing with a fire it's raw. One of the few players with a heart of gold. But hes not a Superstar in the NBA. So he will never get treated like one. He isn't in that elite club of people who get breathed on and take free throws.
    I don't know what to say to that......................

Did this dude seriously just say J-Rich is better than Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Did this dude seriously just say J-Rich is better than Kobe?
    I might have. But my main point is that Kobe is replaceable. J-Rich would average 30 ppg on 45% if you gave him 10,000 free throws. A lot of guards in the NBA would eat good if they got to the line that much in their career. I mean Kobe had a year with 819 free throws 819!!! Players like Wade and Kobe are always going to get calls that J-Rich will never dream of. J-Rich gets defended hard and refs look the other way. He is a nobody.

I might have. But my main point is that Kobe is replaceable. J-Rich would average 30 ppg on 45% if you gave him 10,000 free throws. A lot of guards in the NBA would eat good if they got to the line that much in their career. I mean Kobe had a year with 819 free throws 819!!! Players like Wade and Kobe are always going to get calls that J-Rich will never dream of. J-Rich gets defended hard and refs look the other way. He is a nobody.

If you give a guy that many free throws I'll show you a guy who can average 30 a game and miss 3/4 of his clutch shots.

^ this guy is proving the OP's point.