Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Default Re: The Lakers blatant tanking is pretty insulting to fans

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    24$ million that includes next season is pretty steep. No doubt. But I could see a team in win-now mode wanting a highly skilled, experienced, and ultimate asset. Kobe could help multiple contenders out there right now.

You are dumb as fukk if you really believe that. You wanna take him on the Thunder?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Jameer, I'm not sure you understand how structure works, but players play, coaches coach, and management makes decisions with feedback and input from the coach. The Lakers management are trying to "preserve" Kobe for a hail Mary next year. Kobe's response to this has been revealed to be "I'll do what management wants". But you already knew that, didn't you, you little tyke..It's not about injuries, it's about draft picks and the future of the organization. Fans are just gonna have to suck it up for another year and understand this is what's best for them.
    In the other word, Lakers is doing what Sixers doing? Must be proud of your team if you are a life long Lakers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    LeBron was being a straight up bitch for the last two weeks.
    Fans spent their hard earned money to watch him play, yet he was content to just sit on his ass and go to OSU games despite having no injuries whatsoever. Pathetic

fixt

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    To see Kobe. The 2005 and 2006 seasons were terrible but Kobe made every game interesting. This is why this stinks so much. It's one thing to watch a bad team but fans didn't sign up for a bad team that's also boring...
    The Lakers made the playoffs in 06. How is that terrible? 05 wasn't a designed tanking year...things just kind of went wrong that season.

This year? Tank wars from the beginning. They lose their pick if it's not top 5, so they need to start sucking more. They were just a run of the mill 25 win team with Kobe...they need to stoop down to Knicks level of bad.

Tank wars are intense this year. Boston, Philly, NY, and now L.A are in full on tank mode.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 01-18-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    In the other word, Lakers is doing what Sixers doing? Must be proud of your team if you are a life long Lakers fan.
    On a smaller scale, yes. I have much to be proud of, of this Lakers organization. Can the Sixers say the same?

Jameer, I'm not sure you understand how structure works, but players play, coaches coach, and management makes decisions with feedback and input from the coach. The Lakers management are trying to "preserve" Kobe for a hail Mary next year. Kobe's response to this has been revealed to be "I'll do what management wants". But you already knew that, didn't you, you little tyke..It's not about injuries, it's about draft picks and the future of the organization. Fans are just gonna have to suck it up for another year and understand this is what's best for them.
    First of all, I'm not Jameer. Secondly, since when does Kobe listen to management, or anyone else for that matter?
    Kobe is the guy who the greatest coach in the history of sports called uncoachable! Phil said "Kobe won't listen to anyone." But now I'm supposed to believe that Kobe is a good little yes man who does whatever he's told? At least this exposes another Kobe myth, the one about his competitive fire being unmatched by any player in NBA history. Kobe realizes he is no longer a top player in the NBA and is quitting on his team and fans. But go ahead and keep blindly supporting this coward if you must.

I think this is the second time I've had to ask this. Are you stealing thread topics from other Lakers forums?
    http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171944

I think this is the second time I've had to ask this. Are you stealing thread topics from other Lakers forums?
    Same person maybe

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    First of all, I'm not Jameer. Secondly, since when does Kobe listen to management, or anyone else for that matter?
    Kobe is the guy who the greatest coach in the history of sports called uncoachable! Phil said "Kobe won't listen to anyone." But now I'm supposed to believe that Kobe is a good little yes man who does whatever he's told? At least this exposes another Kobe myth, the one about his competitive fire being unmatched by any player in NBA history. Kobe realizes he is no longer a top player in the NBA and is quitting on his team and fans. But go ahead and keep blindly supporting this coward if you must.
    Whoah...must be a real eye opener for you to be compared to Jameer then, huh? Something like that would make me change my ways, wouldn't you think? As far as the rest of your post. I don't give a shit about Kobe myths, or Kobe for that matter. One would think my stance on losing as many games as possible would be an indication of that. If it hasn't, let me make it clear. I don't care about Kobe, his myths, his work ethic, where he ranks all time, or his competitive fire. I care about the Lakers winning another championship, whomever that may be with. Talking bad about Kobe doesn't phase me, I'm on another level than what your used to dealing with.

Without Phil why even try?

Whoah...must be a real eye opener for you to be compared to Jameer then, huh? Something like that would make me change my ways, wouldn't you think? As far as the rest of your post. I don't give a shit about Kobe myths, or Kobe for that matter. One would think my stance on losing as many games as possible would be an indication of that. If it hasn't, let me make it clear. I don't care about Kobe, his myths, his work ethic, where he ranks all time, or his competitive fire. I care about the Lakers winning another championship, whomever that may be with. Talking bad about Kobe doesn't phase me, I'm on another level than what your used to dealing with.
    Why would he give a crap that you confused him with Jameer? Change his ways? Are you on a windup? Get the f out of here.

I answered you the first time. Go look up that thread

Quote Originally Posted by konex

Before anyone brings up the Spurs precedent, no one cares if Duncan doesn't play cos no one goes to games just to watch him...
    True.

Next year is gonna be very very interesting if we keep the top 5 pick. That pick, let's say hypothetically the lottery pans out for us and we get the third pick; him, Randle, and hopefully a top free agent like Marc Gasol (long shot, but I'm saying that caliber), we should be a pretty solid team in the west. Isn't the new cap starting this summer? Kobe's 24m might not even be THAT bad next season, who knows.

And don't you guys understand that the team tried to be relevant at the beginning of the season? It didn't work out, why risk getting the 6th pick and having it go to PHX. Colossal waste of a season, this way at LEAST we're getting something out of it.