Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins last 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I didnt say he was bad, just said I wasn't impressed.

Maybe because Flip puts him on the best players, maybe thats why his defensive rating is so horrible.

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor, or why he barely averages a steal per game, or 2 fvcking assists per game. You can almost get two assists by accident, especially when on the court the ball is your hands 22% of the time.

I could see him averaging 24, 4, 3 in his prime. That'd be best case scenario unless he pulls a disappearing act ala Tyreke year 2 or Mike Miller year *every year after his rookie season*
    Again, I don't really worry about the assists right now. The team is terrible. Zach Lavine has several starts at PG. If you're on a team with guys who aren't moving with the ball and many are young and learning and can't shoot and can't create space for themselves then I don't care how often you have the ball, you're not going to get that many assists. 31 games. I think that he was shit at the beginning of the season. Recently I think that he's finally beginning to show flashes of a player that he can be. Just watch the games. He's young and raw. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I wasn't expecting much from any of these rookies. Shit, people were on here sucking Dante Exum off and that dude has looked horrible. He can't shoot anything and has no clue what he's doing out there. I know it's hard to stomach but if you can watch a Wolves game you can see it.

edit: I want to say that this rookie class is awful. Not awful in the sense that they'll all be terrible players just that they are all so underprepared and underdeveloped, that it's just been ugly and boring to watch. Who knows, several of these players could end up being total studs but I'm not interested in watching their growing pains. This is pathetic and awful for the league. I don't advocate them staying in college and not being eligible but this is embarrassing.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 01-02-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    He's an okay talent, which was the point many were making. He's no LeBron or Kobe.

He will never 25 a game.

He's a glue guy who will peak as a 2nd option.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Sucks for him that he's stuck in Minny though.
    This is actually a blessing. He will get the green light to shoot every year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    What are you doing with Pek over the next 3 years?

You are just adding wins to teams that have no chance to do anything. Martin and Pek are worthless on this team. Pek is a an often injured player that just serves no purpose on the Wolves right now. Don't make the same mistake the Pelicans made. Don't try and rush the process....

Should be trade bait.

Now, if you told me that both Young and Buddinger aren't picking up their options or somehow the Wolves move them....and they open up 15 million of cap this summer that way.

Then yea...I'd probably hold onto everyone and try to sign someone. Because then that team could potentially make the playoffs if healthy and if they added a real asset. Could be really good Pek's last 2 years if Wiggins/Lavine/Dieng/Bennett progress.

If that is what you are saying...I agree with that.
    I'm a Thunder fan who DOESN'T want Pek's contract.

As terrible of a player Perkins is, his contract is probably one of the most valuable assets we have right now, and I don't want Pek for it, much less giving up one of your young players along with him. Either get somebody better in return, or let Perkins walk this summer to free up cap room.

Decent college freshman

Yea, but it looks a lot better now...

Wiggins, Rubio (assuming they keep him), Lavine, Muhammad, and Dieng is hardly a bad young core to build around. I still think Bennett could be a solid bench player in this game as well.

The real trick would be somehow getting out of Pek's contract. Not that he's bad or something...but just don't see the point. I'd rather have an extra first rounder and more cap flexibility than Pek over the next 3 years.

If I was the Wolves...I'd be on the phone with a team like the Thunder trying to trade Pek for Perkins/Lamb and a first rounder.

They are going to keep their pick they owe the Suns...right? I think it's lottery protected for the next two years. So they are going to get two top 7 picks likely the next 2 years as well. And if they make a trade with Pek for another first rounder. You are looking at loads of young talent coming in because I think they have an extra 3 2nd rounders of over the next few years as well.
    Last summer they definitely should have traded Pek to the Thunder for Perkins + Thabeet + #21, especially once it was obvious that Love would be traded. Even if they start Adams, Pek (if he'd accept it) would be a nice post presence off the bench on a team like the Thunder. Would give them a completely different look. Maybe even swapping him now for Perkins + McGary wouldn't be all that bad since it at least provides salary relief. Not sure if there are any other teams this year that they could make a deal with that would make an attractive offer. Maybe this summer?

Considering his injury history, contract, and lack of rim protection and the fact that Minnesota needs to rebuild/collect assets, it would have made some sense to unload him over the summer. I know the cap's gonna explode soon, but I prefer to develop Dieng right now.

Also trading for Thad Young wasn't the smartest imo. I'd have rather kept that MIA pick, which is like #15 right now, and give more minutes to some of the younger guys they have (and potentially to guys they could have received in a Pek trade). By doing so, they'd be in slightly better draft position. Their own lotto pick + that Miami pick would allow them to have some really nice talent infusion on this roster. I also think they need to play guys like Shabazz, GR3, etc. so they can gauge their long-term potential. Still, a nice core going forward. If they draft well, they should be in a nice position down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Does he?

His DRtg is horrendous (114), he averages just over one steal per game, abd the Timberwolves are 3.9 points better per 100 possessions with him OFF the court.

Or are you one of those 'well my eye test tells me' posters who ignore all statistics?

Don't get me wrong, I think he can be a solid player, a probable all-star at some point, but he wasn't drafted for his offense. If he wants to really make an impact, he should be more like Jimmy Butler.

As a SG with a 22% usage rate, how do you average 2 assists?
    lol the Wolves are trash and he's a starter, dude plays what, 32 minutes a game? So the sample size with him off the court is smaller + the rest of the starters are sitting as well, right? DRTG & ORTG are team stats...

He might be doing a decent job on his man (defending the best perimeter players in the game) and isn't getting destroyed every night, but then you take into account that LaVine is defending the opposing point guards, he has by far the worst +/- on the team..

And the team is really bad, so the numbers aren't going to do justice for a 19 yr old in his first NBA season. He's defending guys like Kobe, Lebron, Harden, he's going to get outplayed h2h (though he more than held his own against Lebron).

Coach should get a lot of credit for playing him big minutes and letting him go at it on offense + defending the best player on the other end, he's in the beginning stage of his career and the experience is invaluable. His assist numbers are low due to his role and he hasn't developed the passing game much yet. KD, PG, T-Mac, Butler all were playing the same type of way when they first came into the league. KD averaged less than 3 apg for a while before developing his game.

Wiggins will be a great player. All the evidence is there when you watch the games. He has an automatic step-back jumper, he has an array of post moves. He can shoot the 3. He's a very athletic/explosive player. His defense is already pretty good, he defended Kobe, Lebron & KD and did a good job on them, guys didn't explode against him. KD had 6 turnovers in 28 minutes with Wiggins guarding him for the majority of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    He's an okay talent, which was the point many were making. He's no LeBron or Kobe.

He will never 25 a game.

He's a glue guy who will peak as a 2nd option.
    Check out this retard.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

lol the Wolves are trash and he's a starter, dude plays what, 32 minutes a game? So the sample size with him off the court is smaller + the rest of the starters are sitting as well, right? DRTG & ORTG are team stats...

He might be doing a decent job on his man (defending the best perimeter players in the game) and isn't getting destroyed every night, but then you take into account that LaVine is defending the opposing point guards, he has by far the worst +/- on the team..

And the team is really bad, so the numbers aren't going to do justice for a 19 yr old in his first NBA season. He's defending guys like Kobe, Lebron, Harden, he's going to get outplayed h2h (though he more than held his own against Lebron).

Coach should get a lot of credit for playing him big minutes and letting him go at it on offense + defending the best player on the other end, he's in the beginning stage of his career and the experience is invaluable. His assist numbers are low due to his role and he hasn't developed the passing game much yet. KD, PG, T-Mac, Butler all were playing the same type of way when they first came into the league. KD averaged less than 3 apg for a while before developing his game.

Wiggins will be a great player. All the evidence is there when you watch the games. He has an automatic step-back jumper, he has an array of post moves. He can shoot the 3. He's a very athletic/explosive player. His defense is already pretty good, he defended Kobe, Lebron & KD and did a good job on them, guys didn't explode against him. KD had 6 turnovers in 28 minutes with Wiggins guarding him for the majority of the game.
    This is what I'm saying. If you watch the games you'll see it, if you look at the box score you won't. It's been 31 games.

"OK, I hurt Kevin Martin, now get out there Wiggins and freestyle"

I could coach that.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I had to point out how dumb that one sentence was.

empty stats doe

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    empty stats doe
    Minnesota has lost how many in a row? It's ugly.

You could put Nick Johnson on the T'Wolves and he'd ball out. He's already solid for the Rockets, I can't imagine his stats if he could go out there and do whatever he wanted, winning be damned.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I'm a Thunder fan who DOESN'T want Pek's contract.

As terrible of a player Perkins is, his contract is probably one of the most valuable assets we have right now, and I don't want Pek for it, much less giving up one of your young players along with him. Either get somebody better in return, or let Perkins walk this summer to free up cap room.
    Yea...I'm just throwing something out there that makes some semblance of sense.

Not saying it's a no brainer for the Thunder or something. I'd actually do that and go all in on trying to win over the next 4 years, but perhaps other moves are there to be made.

Sitting and doing nothing is stupid though with Perkins contract.

Surprised by the steals. Thought they'd be higher.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Last summer they definitely should have traded Pek to the Thunder for Perkins + Thabeet + #21, especially once it was obvious that Love would be traded. Even if they start Adams, Pek (if he'd accept it) would be a nice post presence off the bench on a team like the Thunder. Would give them a completely different look. Maybe even swapping him now for Perkins + McGary wouldn't be all that bad since it at least provides salary relief. Not sure if there are any other teams this year that they could make a deal with that would make an attractive offer. Maybe this summer?

Considering his injury history, contract, and lack of rim protection and the fact that Minnesota needs to rebuild/collect assets, it would have made some sense to unload him over the summer. I know the cap's gonna explode soon, but I prefer to develop Dieng right now.

Also trading for Thad Young wasn't the smartest imo. I'd have rather kept that MIA pick, which is like #15 right now, and give more minutes to some of the younger guys they have (and potentially to guys they could have received in a Pek trade). By doing so, they'd be in slightly better draft position. Their own lotto pick + that Miami pick would allow them to have some really nice talent infusion on this roster. I also think they need to play guys like Shabazz, GR3, etc. so they can gauge their long-term potential. Still, a nice core going forward. If they draft well, they should be in a nice position down the line.
    Totally agree. Thad Young likely has no future on this team. Giving up something for him makes no sense imo.

Teams want to rush the process. Again...just look at the Pelicans. All of that...with maybe a top 3 player in the league...to miss the playoffs yet again. And now half the guys they have...will play no part in the future of this team.

Wolves should learn from this...Martin, Pek, Young....don't serve much of a purpose unless somehow they make a move this summer to bring in another player or Wiggins just turns into 2nd year Lebron (which isn't happening)...

Be bad this year and next...open up flexibility...then make your move around a really good young core. With likely two top 5 or so picks this year and next.

And with a good trade...another first rounder in that time frame as well.

College superstar

Yea, but it looks a lot better now...

Wiggins, Rubio (assuming they keep him), Lavine, Muhammad, and Dieng is hardly a bad young core to build around. I still think Bennett could be a solid bench player in this game as well.

The real trick would be somehow getting out of Pek's contract. Not that he's bad or something...but just don't see the point. I'd rather have an extra first rounder and more cap flexibility than Pek over the next 3 years.

If I was the Wolves...I'd be on the phone with a team like the Thunder trying to trade Pek for Perkins/Lamb and a first rounder.

They are going to keep their pick they owe the Suns...right? I think it's lottery protected for the next two years. So they are going to get two top 7 picks likely the next 2 years as well. And if they make a trade with Pek for another first rounder. You are looking at loads of young talent coming in because I think they have an extra 3 2nd rounders of over the next few years as well.
    Wait. You think they are getting a 1st for Pek? I doubt they can dump Pek by GIVING a 1 (well they could but just because its going to be such a high #1).

Pek is a bull. With two broken legs. People don't give you stuff for broken bulls. They drag them out to the back and shoot them.

He has chronic ankle issues. Was going to come back a month ago but managed to sprain his ankle while on the treadmill and missed the last mo. Now they have him on an antigravity treadmill running on a limited basis.

At his BEST he was a brut on the glass but couldn't defend the rim a lick. It appears the chronic injury will take away from his physicality. Whats left is NOT worth 12M+ for the next 4 years. Yuck.