Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins last 5 games

The dude will end up scoring more than Kevin Love by season's end. And if Bennett amounts to anything while Love decides that his talents are being wasted and leaves the Cavs...holy crap.

Wiggins is going to be fun to watch as he figures the NBA out.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    You think Embiid will end up becoming better than Wiggins?
    I have no idea. Wiggins is young and Embiid is young and not even healthy yet. It's not even worth guessing. Do I think that he can be? Yes I do. Do I think that if they were both healthy that Wiggins could be better than Embiid? Yes that's possible also. Who do I think is likely to be better if they are both healthy? Embiid. You wanna ask me what I think of Noel and MCW haha

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I have no idea. Wiggins is young and Embiid is young and not even healthy yet. It's not even worth guessing. Do I think that he can be? Yes I do. Do I think that if they were both healthy that Wiggins could be better than Embiid? Yes that's possible also. Who do I think is likely to be better if they are both healthy? Embiid. You wanna ask me what I think of Noel and MCW haha
    I'm afraid to ask about Noel/Mcw

Wiggins is starting to look like he's superstar material someday in the NBA, and I'm starting to get envious. Our guy Embiid certainly has the potential to challenge Wiggins someday as best young player, hopefully next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Dude's going to end the year averaging 17/6/2 on respectable shooting numbers on a very bad team with little chemistry.

Just wait when he develops his game and he really becomes the focal point of an offense and takes 15-20 shots a game. He's going to be Paul George level at worst.

Always believed in this dude and I told people to take his college games and early season games with a grain of salt because of obvious reasons, but people made conclusions that he would be a bust after his 5 first NBA starts

Just watch this kid turn into a 25/7/6 player in 2-3 years. Sucks for him that he's stuck in Minny though.
    He could average 25 and 7 in the future, but i can't ever see him averaging 6+ assists tbh. More like 4.

He just needs to maintain a certain level of confidence, and aggression. Also needs to work on that handle so he can create for himself, and teammates at a more consistent rate. Everything else, all the tools physically in the world are there at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    I'm afraid to ask about Noel/Mcw

Wiggins is starting to look like he's superstar material someday in the NBA, and I'm starting to get envious. Our guy Embiid certainly has the potential to challenge Wiggins someday as best young player, hopefully next season.
    I think that Wiggins can be really good and even great but he's a little passive and his dribble is really weak and he just doesn't seem mean enough.

Embiid on the other hand, is a joker with a great personality but he's a killer on the court. His development was rapid and it's safe to assume that it will continue to be that way.

I heard Bill Self call into WIP to do an interview about these two before the draft and that's what he said. He said that Wiggins' game was more suited to a pro game but that he didn't really have a "killer instinct". He said that Embiid had that killer instinct and essentially that although he thought Wiggins could be a perennial all star, he thought Embiid could be one of those players who becomes one of the best ever.

I'll give you my MCW and Noel stuff really quick and I'll keep it nice. The best you can hope for for Noel is prime Theo Ratliff. That's not bad at all but if anyone thinks that he's ever going to have any kind of real offensive game you can forget about it. He's not that good of a rebounder. I think its because he's so damned light. He's really fast and really athletic which is rare for his size. He has the potential to be good defensively but still has a ways to go. He's best suited to a team who gets up and down the court a lot. If he ends up a 12pt 9 rb 2blk guy who is a good defender, I think that would be really good and I'd be happy.

MCW, I see as a solid PG hopefully. He can pass but he gives up the rock too much. He's careless and can't shoot. His shooting and shot selection can be awful at times. He's very athletic and long and I'm hoping that he can become a really nasty defender. If he can improve his shooting and decision making it will really open up his game. I think again maybe 15pts 9ast 5rbs on a good team. That would be really good and I would be happy. He's got a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He just needs to maintain a certain level of confidence, and aggression. Also needs to work on that handle so he can create for himself, and teammates at a more consistent rate. Everything else, all the tools physically in the world are there at his disposal.
    I don't see him as really aggressive. His handle is not that good and really needs work. Once he gets that, things will open up for him because he can actually shoot it. He's young and raw and still learning a lot. I don't think that he'll ever be a killer but that doesn't mean that he can't be great. He will never be a passer. Not because he's a ballhog but just because that's not his game. Passing isn't really something you learn it's something that you have and he doesn't have it. He will be one of the best two way players in the league probably though. He's almost too selfless, the way that Yao was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    21ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1bpg 51%

Alpha.

Well he plays really good defense so he's got that part of "all around player".
    Does he?

His DRtg is horrendous (114), he averages just over one steal per game, abd the Timberwolves are 3.9 points better per 100 possessions with him OFF the court.

Or are you one of those 'well my eye test tells me' posters who ignore all statistics?

Don't get me wrong, I think he can be a solid player, a probable all-star at some point, but he wasn't drafted for his offense. If he wants to really make an impact, he should be more like Jimmy Butler.

As a SG with a 22% usage rate, how do you average 2 assists?
    Last edited by UK2K; 01-02-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Does he?

His DRtg is horrendous (114), he averages just over one steal per game, abd the Timberwolves are 3.9 points better per 100 possessions with him OFF the court.

Or are you one of those 'well my eye test tells me' posters who ignore all statistics?

Don't get me wrong, I think he can be a solid player, a probable all-star at some point, but he wasn't drafted for his offense. If he wants to really make an impact, he should be more like Jimmy Butler.

As a SG with a 22% usage rate, how do you average 2 assists?
    Ok hows this sound, he's shown good defensive instincts and potential just like he has with his shooting. Flip will put him on the opposing teams best player for spurts during most games. No, I'm not ignoring anything. He's a 19 year old rookie who's played less than half a season. I'm not ready to say that he's going to be the worst or the best ever. I'm not complaining about him or any of these rookies because rookies suck so bad anymore because they aren't developed and they are raw when they come in the league. Please don't lump me in with anyone who said he was going to be the greatest or anything like that. I said that if he averaged 16ppg then it would be a considered a good season. If you want to say he's awful after 31 games then be my guest. I think that we'll have a much clearer idea of what kind of player he'll be after his next year. You want him to be like Jimmy Butler? Great. But I think that he needs to concentrate on being himself. Look at his situation. He's on a team with a new coach whose starting PG has been injured. He's had Zach Lavine as his starting PG for a decent amount of games this year. This isn't Jimmy Butler coming to a good team and having the luxury of being brought along slowly. This is a young guy on a shitty team being thrown to the wolves and learning the hard way. I'll reserve judgment for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Anyone who actually thought he wouldn't be at the very least a good player is downright terrible at judging basketball ability.

He'll be a 25ppg+ scorer by his 3rd season.
    If he's still in the league by his 3rd season I will fly to Australia and suck yr dick

PleezeBelieve already changing his tune from "complete bust" to "solid second option".

Have some conviction.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    If he's still in the league by his 3rd season I will fly to Australia and suck yr dick
    It looks like you're going to be blowing some aussie **** then.

Ok hows this sound, he's shown good defensive instincts and potential just like he has with his shooting. Flip will put him on the opposing teams best player for spurts during most games. No, I'm not ignoring anything. He's a 19 year old rookie who's played less than half a season. I'm not ready to say that he's going to be the worst or the best ever. I'm not complaining about him or any of these rookies because rookies suck so bad anymore because they aren't developed and they are raw when they come in the league. Please don't lump me in with anyone who said he was going to be the greatest or anything like that. I said that if he averaged 16ppg then it would be a considered a good season. If you want to say he's awful after 31 games then be my guest. I think that we'll have a much clearer idea of what kind of player he'll be after his next year. You want him to be like Jimmy Butler? Great. But I think that he needs to concentrate on being himself. Look at his situation. He's on a team with a new coach whose starting PG has been injured. He's had Zach Lavine as his starting PG for a decent amount of games this year. This isn't Jimmy Butler coming to a good team and having the luxury of being brought along slowly. This is a young guy on a shitty team being thrown to the wolves and learning the hard way. I'll reserve judgment for a while.
    I didnt say he was bad, just said I wasn't impressed.

Maybe because Flip puts him on the best players, maybe thats why his defensive rating is so horrible.

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor, or why he barely averages a steal per game, or 2 fvcking assists per game. You can almost get two assists by accident, especially when on the court the ball is your hands 22% of the time.

I could see him averaging 24, 4, 3 in his prime. That'd be best case scenario unless he pulls a disappearing act ala Tyreke year 2 or Mike Miller year *every year after his rookie season*

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I didnt say he was bad, just said I wasn't impressed.

Maybe because Flip puts him on the best players, maybe thats why his defensive rating is so horrible.

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor.

I could see him averaging 24, 4, 3 in his prime. That'd be best case scenario unless he pulls a disappearing act ala Tyreke year 2 or Mike Miller year *every year after his rookie season*
    He's a rookie. His defense is pretty terrible if you watch it as he doesnt have lateral quickness, or any positioning knowledge. But it's something that can be improved upon. Plus the teams defense is non existent so he cant send his opponent to spots on the floor.

Kevin Love averaged 26/13 in Minnesota so im not sure what people are trying to say about his stats....