Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Derrick Rose looks slower

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    funny thing is that Rose didn't really injure himself by doing anything explosive. First injury is just him hopping inside the paint and making a pass, second one he's cutting to the basket but it's a regular basketball play, ends up tearing his knee by turning around and trying to run back on D

There's no doubt he's injured himself by playing recklessly, but it has never been that bad. His two big injuries were non contact and could have happened in practice... just bad luck.

It's good that he hasn't lost much explosiveness, but the injuries might help him see the game a bit slower and make better decisions with the ball.
    I thought most basketball injuries come from overuse and not really because you made THAT specific move.

D Rose had a very violent way of attacking the basket, similar to westbrook's, but russell takes a lot of pull up J's while Rose likes to take contact.

Even when Derrick is avoiding contact, his contorting his body in so many ways so fast its got to put stress on his joints. Add to that the impact on his knees when he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I thought most basketball injuries come from overuse and not really because you made THAT specific move.

D Rose had a very violent way of attacking the basket, similar to westbrook's, but russell takes a lot of pull up J's while Rose likes to take contact.

Even when Derrick is avoiding contact, his contorting his body in so many ways so fast its got to put stress on his joints. Add to that the impact on his knees when he lands.
    It's true, but I think the two injuries (especially the 2nd) were flukes. It's just a part of the game and some players are just more prone to those injuries than others. The way Lebron plays the game, he should at least have one major injury to his name, yet he has zero. I mean, tell me how he did not destroy his whole leg like Livingston on this fall?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k68dX1sYMhU

That fall was just bad, his whole weight was on his leg in that fall and he was up so high, yet nothing happens... Some people are just blessed man

OP is just retarded

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    funny thing is that Rose didn't really injure himself by doing anything explosive. First injury is just him hopping inside the paint and making a pass, second one he's cutting to the basket but it's a regular basketball play, ends up tearing his knee by turning around and trying to run back on D

There's no doubt he's injured himself by playing recklessly, but it has never been that bad. His two big injuries were non contact and could have happened in practice... just bad luck.

It's good that he hasn't lost much explosiveness, but the injuries might help him see the game a bit slower and make better decisions with the ball.
    When you say recklessness I'm thinking wild, out of control and careless. Rose wasn't just the fastest player in the league - like Wall is now, but he was fast with great control. Rose wasn't just the most explosive player like Westbrook is now but he could change direction with his. Rose has waaaay more control than either one of them. Not one of you called Rose way playing reckless until he got hurt. Rose doesn't do anything that is extravagant or unnecessary. He's very economical and in control. His dribbling is very economical. His penetration is very exact.

If Rose was reckless he would have came back too early. And posters like you, who hate Rose were saying he should've came back for his team and call him names because he didn't. Now you are some authority on recklessness and what's good for Rose. Please don't feel hypocritical - I doubt you have enough consciousness to know that you are.

OP is retarded, but there's a bit of truth to what he's saying.

The vertical explosiveness and straight line speed is still there, just as good as before. And that alone is enough to push him back to elite status once all of the rust is shaken off. But we still haven't seen his lateral quickness at 100%..he hasn't been making the side to side cuts, crossing people up and blowing by them consistently like we used to. I'm sure he'll get it back into the season (we saw some of it against the Cavs) but right now he seems to be a work in progress in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    When you say recklessness I'm thinking wild, out of control and careless. Rose wasn't just the fastest player in the league - like Wall is now, but he was fast with great control. Rose wasn't just the most explosive player like Westbrook is now but he could change direction with his. Rose has waaaay more control than either one of them. Not one of you called Rose way playing reckless until he got hurt. Rose doesn't do anything that is extravagant or unnecessary. He's very economical and in control. His dribbling is very economical. His penetration is very exact.

If Rose was reckless he would have came back too early. And posters like you, who hate Rose were saying he should've came back for his team and call him names because he didn't. Now you are some authority on recklessness and what's good for Rose. Please don't feel hypocritical - I doubt you have enough consciousness to know that you are.
    Rose has great control, but playing like he does, he's bound to have some reckless layup/dunk attempts. Ironically, they did not cause the two major injuries he's had. That was basically what I was getting at.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Here Derrick Rose goes almost the entire length of the floor in just 3 dribbles

INCREDIBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mYgqY_Ybw

0.44 mark of the vid. Somebody with tech skills imbed 4me. Thx

I don't believe that I have ever seen that done before. This was just a few months ago. He is just as fast as he has always been. He just manages his game better now -- picking and choosing his spots.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 10-22-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Local High School Star

His speed is still there but this is what has changed

1. Before he can attack the ring 30x a game at full speed but now he can only do it 15 times.

2. His balance and coordination has decreased compared to before affecting his finishing ability. before he zig zagged left and right but now he does not do that as much at full speed.

College superstar

Dunks aren't as nearly as explosive either.

DRose looks faster than ever, he said it himself that he has to change the way he plays.

Not airballing my layups anymore

The only thing that use to scare me was drose had a habit of landing with one leg after a dunk. Hes gotta be careful