Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Going bald, losing hair

my wife and kids tease me that i'm going bald. ever since i've started buzzing my hair it's looking thin. i don't care if i go bald anyway though.

My uncle once had a surgery where he had hair removed from his back and placed on his head. Not sure I would go to all that (expensive) trouble. I would probably just say to hell with it and shave it off.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I started receding when I was in college. My hair was long, and hung over into my face, so you couldn't tell. I didn't realize until I cut it.

Mine is just the receding hairline type, sort of like young Bruce Willis. I don't have any signs of the spot on the back. Which I think would bother me more.

It's not really a big deal to me. I can pull off the shaved head.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

see if you dont smoke the Hippie Lettuce then you want lose your hair....

and in some cases its in your genes.....if your dad bald at a young age or your grandfather....than most likely your going to experience it too...

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FashionIssues

look at mj, he was receding by his 3rd year
    and he made shaving it all off cool

hair is overrated (especially for those who cant grow it)

better to shave it all off if your head is a decent shape

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

There has to be some kind of good Hollywood method. Actors like Steve Carell and Vince Vaughn had a LOT less hair 8-10 years ago.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I started receding when I was in college. My hair was long, and hung over into my face, so you couldn't tell. I didn't realize until I cut it.

Mine is just the receding hairline type, sort of like young Bruce Willis. I don't have any signs of the spot on the back. Which I think would bother me more.

It's not really a big deal to me. I can pull off the shaved head.
    are you david thorpe from espn? if u are your pic doesnt look like ure losin any hair. if not then nvm

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/se...g=david_thorpe

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    My uncle once had a surgery where he had hair removed from his back and placed on his head.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm not losing any hair...at most I have grey hairs that can be visible especially when I need a haircut. Just asking because i know someone my age who has been going bald for 2yrs...like the top/back portion of thier head. He claims its from wearing hats all the time. Which could be true but still thats gotta be embarrassing to lose hair or be balding at an early age.
    anyone else found that funny?

its not that going bald is something horrible. but its funny when people try to hide it. don't know if gobb really is the one going bald or not, but that struck me as sort of like 'this friend of mine has this problem' kind of question.

if you inherit baldness from your mom, then its on your x chromosome. then that means that if your mom's dad is bald, you have at least a 50% chance of going bald. if your mom's brother is bald, then that means you have at least a 25% chance of going bald. if both your mom's dad and her brothers are bald, then you have at least a 75% chance of going bald.

my mom's dad is bald. but her brother has hair. i have about a 50-50 shot that i'll keep my hair. so far so good and i'm keeping my fingers crossed. if it happens, then i'll just shave. did it for 8 years while in the army. but now that i'm out and have grown my hair out, i'm starting to like em a little long. especially in the cold.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

lol not in many many many years

Future D1 Dad

baldness is supposed to run on your mother's side of the family. my grandpappy had a full head of hair when he died but it was white as snow. i'm getting gray as well at 32.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Anyone here experiencing hair loss?
    My hair has started to grow back very slowly the last couple of years and I have stumbled on a 2 or 3 of grey hairs. My dad went bald at a very early age so I guess I probably will also.

Local High School Star

It doesn't matter if your dad is bald or your moms dad is bald or you have an uncle that is bald. Once you have that gene, there's a good chance you'll lose hair. The majority of caucasian males lose hair. Ans people can start losing hair when their in their teens even. Age doesn't matter. I see guys all over my college campus with a ton of hair loss.

I think it's hereditary.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think it's hereditary.
    Why did you bump this?