Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Default Re: Patrick Ewing vs David Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Amare4lyfe
    David gives you the stats but stats don't always tell you the whole story. David just didn't perform like a leader. I would rather have a good leader than a good soldier.
    true whn Ewing lead the Knicks to..em when Ewing put the Knicks on his shoulders and the the title in.......nevermind. Ewing never did ****. So why did you pick Ewing again?

NBA sixth man of the year

Ewing was a warrior. Robinson was not.

I think it's pretty clear who the better player was. Robinson had no heart. I think the way he wanted that scoring title shows the type of person he was. More of a stats oriented player.

Never won anything until Tim Duncan showed up in town.

Ewing's team was a defensive minded team that grinded every second of the game out. It was war. You didn't play against the Knicks of the 90s, you went to war against them. I think it's clear by the number of fights/rivalries the Knicks were known to have back then.

Who did the Spurs have as a rival? DRob and his smooth back to the basket game.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    1992 Knicks
    Ro Blackman, Doc Rivers, John Starks, Charles Smith and Charles Oakley
    1993 Knicks
    Eric Anderson, Ro Blackman, Derek Harper, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley and Doc River
    1994 Knicks
    John Starks,Eric Anderson, Ro Blackman, Derek Harper, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley
    1995 Knicks
    Charlie Ward, Charles Oakley, Derek Harper, JR Reid, Doug Christie, Willie Anderson, Charles Smith
    Allan Houston,Charlie Ward, Charles Oakley, John Starks, Terry Cumings
    Allan Houston,Charlie Ward, Charles Oakley, John Starks, Terry Cumings (since you have such a high opinion of him)
    Larry Johnson, Chris Childs, Charlie Ward, Allan Houston, Charles Oakley, John Starks

BTW nice try at distracting from the total disparity between the two players accomplishments. As usual you hate the facts because the interfere with your feelings.
    Both had some good casts, but Ewing accomplished more as the best player on his team. That's a fact. Ewing had better playoff performances, that's another fact. And I didn't even mention 1998 when Robinson had Duncan, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott and Vinny Del Negro, but once again all he could manage was a second round exit...as usual.

Decent college freshman

surely this is a joke thread. it is easily robinson. whats next? who is the better player? michael jordan or kobe bryant?

BTW nice try at distracting from the total disparity between the two players accomplishments. As usual you hate the facts because the interfere with your feelings.
    Whose feelings are really being hurt here? I think it's pretty clear to everyone that you've been emotionally hurt over this thread and everyone picking Ewing over Robinson.

Learning to shoot layups Amare4lyfe's Avatar

true whn Ewing lead the Knicks to..em when Ewing put the Knicks on his shoulders and the the title in.......nevermind. Ewing never did ****. So why did you pick Ewing again?
    oh, and u think David put his team on his shoulder to get his NBA title?
    Oh wait, when David put his team on his shoulder , they never made it to the finals and in fact Avery Johnson said they can't rely on David anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amare4lyfe
    oh, and u think David put his team on his shoulder to get his NBA title?
    Oh wait, when David put his team on his shoulder , they never made it to the finals and in fact Avery Johnson said they can't rely on David anymore.
    Totally agree.

Local High School Star CB4GOATPF's Avatar

Robinson was Better...already have prooved that many times.

Even though i liked Ewing more ...i have to admit it.

Robinson has one of the highest Play-Off PER of All Time. Ewing wasn`t as Efficient, A Missmatch Problem, Talented and All Around Gamed than Robinson not even close.

A 1989-1995/96 Robinson before injury was Better than Ewing clearly. Although Ewing himself was great during those years before injuries himself.

This is coming from a D-Rob hater BTW
    Last edited by CB4GOATPF; 10-01-2009 at 03:06 PM.

#1 what differance did it make either way
    #2 David shull ****ed Ewings eyes out of their sockets when it comes to individual accomplishemnts. Since niether one won a championship without Tim Duncan then what else did you want to go on?
    #3 Ewing failed completely and totaly and for all time as an NBA player retiring out of Orlando having never won a damn thing. He never led his team anywhere but out. Since the object of the game is to win then Ewing = failure.
    #4 D Rob always put his family and God before his team. For this he has been called weak and just about everything not nice in the book. He built a school here for underpriviledge kids using his own money. He won just about every individual award you can win in the NBA. If Ewing was a warrior he was a tru warrior in the same line as Artest. A lot of noise and zero accomplishments.

What accomplishments? Statistical accomplishments?

I'm sure you'd be backing up Ewing if he played for the Spurs instead. It's sad, but that's how most fans defend players these days. You mean to tell me with a straight face that your opinion is unbiased? Please...

Robinson was weak. And Ewing is not the same as Artest. Robinson never led anybody to the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Both had some good casts, but Ewing accomplished more as the best player on his team. That's a fact. Ewing had better playoff performances, that's another fact. And I didn't even mention 1998 when Robinson had Duncan, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott and Vinny Del Negro, but once again all he could manage was a second round exit...as usual.
    Could be true but if he did he left nothing in the way of awards to show it. D.Rob won everything there is to win except all-star game MVP. As for 1998 , Tim Duncan's rookie year, David did not play the start of that year due to the back injury the year before. He was still hurt most of the year. Truly never got back to even 80% from there until the end of his career. Niether one of them even cares what a bunch of guys on a basketball thread think so it matters very little. I will agree to disagree and once again have the facts on my end of the table. But we all know numbers never tell the entire story when it comes to sports so I truly conceed that Ewing may have ment more to his team than D Rob did to the Spurs. My choice is D Rob you choose different then that is cool. Its just scribblings on a web site.

7-time NBA All-Star

#1 what differance did it make either way
    Ewing consistently showed up in the playoffs and didn't shrink when the moment got bigger. Look at the performances I cited on the first page.

#2 David shull ****ed Ewings eyes out of their sockets when it comes to individual accomplishemnts. Since niether one won a championship without Tim Duncan then what else did you want to go on?
    Ewing's 1990 season rivals any of Robinson's seasons statistically. 28.6 pts, 10.9 rbs, 2.2 asts, 4 blks, 1 stl and 55.1 FG%. He was also 77.5% from the line. That's ridiculous effiency for 29 points per game.

#3 Ewing failed completely and totaly and for all time as an NBA player retiring out of Orlando having never won a damn thing. He never led his team anywhere but out. Since the object of the game is to win then Ewing = failure.
    Ewing did a better job as the number 1 guy than Robinson. Atleast he made it to game 7 of the finals. Robinson didn't even make it to game 7 of the conference finals before Duncan came along. In fact before Duncan, Robinson won a total of 5 playoff series. Ewing won 17 playoff series with the Knicks.

7-time NBA All-Star

Could be true but if he did he left nothing in the way of awards to show it. D.Rob won everything there is to win except all-star game MVP. As for 1998 , Tim Duncan's rookie year, David did not play the start of that year due to the back injury the year before. He was still hurt most of the year. Truly never got back to even 80% from there until the end of his career. Niether one of them even cares what a bunch of guys on a basketball thread think so it matters very little. I will agree to disagree and once again have the facts on my end of the table. But we all know numbers never tell the entire story when it comes to sports so I truly conceed that Ewing may have ment more to his team than D Rob did to the Spurs. My choice is D Rob you choose different then that is cool. Its just scribblings on a web site.
    Fair enough. It's defintley debatable. As I said earlier Robinson's resume looks better, but playoff performances are very important IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Never won anything until Tim Duncan showed up in town.
    I'm sick of this comment. Robinson carried mediocre/bad teams to better records than they deserved, just because of his presence. He may not have won the title, or went deep into the playoffs, but he elevated his team consistently every season.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Already made this thread during the summer