Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good

It's funny, but these were the years the Lakers actually had stacked teams yet they didn't win a title despite having much more talent top to bottom than the 3peat. The difference proved to be Phil Jackson who had a lot to do with Shaq achieving his potential as well as Kobe improving with age. Shaq became a much better defensive player under Jackson and he became better at making his teammates better. The 2000s Lakers finally had a supporting cast that didn't play subpar basketball in the playoffs. While Shaq had some good playoff moments, he also became a much better playoff performer after Jackson became coach.

The 2000s Lakers may have actually worked better because they didn't have a true 3rd scorer(well except Rice in the '00 regular season) because Shaq and Kobe were so good that having another guy take shots away may have made the duo less effective. Shaq and Kobe both did most of their damage with the ball, though Shaq scored quite a bit on offensive rebounds and lobs and Kobe has improved his off the ball play. When you have a duo that good, I guess being stacked with talent probably isn't the best, atleast it turned out that way for the Lakers. Their stacked teams constantly underachieved.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    It's funny, but these were the years the Lakers actually had stacked teams yet they didn't win a title despite having much more talent top to bottom than the 3peat. The difference proved to be Phil Jackson who had a lot to do with Shaq achieving his potential as well as Kobe improving with age. Shaq became a much better defensive player under Jackson and he became better at making his teammates better. The 2000s Lakers finally had a supporting cast that didn't play subpar basketball in the playoffs. While Shaq had some good playoff moments, he also became a much better playoff performer after Jackson became coach.

The 2000s Lakers may have actually worked better because they didn't have a true 3rd scorer(well except Rice in the '00 regular season) because Shaq and Kobe were so good that having another guy take shots away may have made the duo less effective. Shaq and Kobe both did most of their damage with the ball, though Shaq scored quite a bit on offensive rebounds and lobs and Kobe has improved his off the ball play. When you have a duo that good, I guess being stacked with talent probably isn't the best, atleast it turned out that way for the Lakers. Their stacked teams constantly underachieved.
    The Zen Master simply went " Shaq do not push him down. Kobe do not make an a$$ out of your self."

Del Harris was a f****ng Joke as a head coach.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9
    The Zen Master simply went " Shaq do not push him down. Kobe do not make an a$$ out of your self."

Del Harris was a f****ng Joke as a head coach.
    Shaq said Phil came to him and said "you're going to have to make everyone better" and he said that was the first time a coach demanded he buy into their system like that.

Shaq's athleticism was incredible when he was younger. The first time I started to notice Shaq looking less explosive was 2002 when he was heavier and having the toe problems. Other than Dwight and maybe Robinson, Shaq was the most athletic center I've ever seen.

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

Nick Van Exel was my favorite non-allstar player in the 90's. He was so unorthodox, nasty handle, and quick as f*ck. I loved him early in his Laker days, not sure how much Del Harris, Magic, and Kurt Rambis felt. But I liked the guy

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Celts34
    Nick Van Exel was my favorite non-allstar player in the 90's. He was so unorthodox, nasty handle, and quick as f*ck. I loved him early in his Laker days, not sure how much Del Harris, Magic, and Kurt Rambis felt. But I liked the guy
    Great player to watch, but the problem was subpar playoff performances and the lack of a winning attitude.

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

that video was ****ing sick. i miss prime athletic shaq so much, he was so fun to watch as a kid

nice mix man

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnZweSYP6A

They didnt give a damn what the coach said, what the gameplan was, or what the fundamental play should be. You have Nick out there throwing floaters to the rafters, lobs from halfcourt, shoving refs, loudly arguing with the coach on national TV with Shaq dunking on guys and shoving them out of bounds then acting suprised when they get up and throw the ball at him. Meanwhile Kobe was in full "Turn my swag on" mode breaking ankles, jumping up and stealing lobs clearly thrown to Eddie Jones, and already disregarding Shaq now and then to go one on one despite shooting 42 and 43% his first 2 years. And Eddie? Im sure he didnt mean it to be insulting but some of the things he did were just rude. This guy came down the court on the break and took off from a step inside the 3 point line for a layup...which he made. Not the Ft line. He took off from about one step past the 3 point line and put it in. The **** is that? And then of course the famous dunk on Glen Robinson from the general area of the FT line. This guy was just getting in the vicinity of the paint and taking off with no regard for human life.

My favorite part of this thread