Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good

What's up Blaze. Awesome mix. you should of told me you were making this I got stacks of tapes on the them.
    Eddie was the only real problem. Hes never been shown as much as he should have. He, Terrell Brandon, and a few others are guys ive always wanted to cover but its hard finding enough on them.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Brandon Roy's Avatar

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

Nice video. Good song from a good album.

Video brought back alot of memories. The team was so hateable and lovable at the same time. Imagine if that team stayed intact with Phil Jackson as their head coach...

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Brandon Roy's Avatar

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good

Quote Originally Posted by vincentda
    What's up Blaze. Awesome mix. you should of told me you were making this I got stacks of tapes on the them. You should of used the footage from my 97 lakers mix too.

Talent wise this Laker team, even with a young Kobe, was better than the championship Laker teams of the past decade and a couple of the Lakers on that roster agree with me.

WHOA. Do you still make videos? I remember you were like the king of mixes a few years back. Good to see you around ISH.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

I loved the late 90s lakers. Probably my favorite version of the Lakers. I just wish Magic had stuck around a bit longer but NVE and Ceballos didn't appreciate Magic joining the team since it reduced their minutes. Imagine Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Jones, Exel on the same team. Showtime. I wasn't a big fan of the Horry/Ceballos trade but realized it was good for both ends since neither seemed happy in their situations. NVE's pull up 3s, crossovers, floaters and clutch play were classic. Remember him hitting a fadeaway 3 at the buzzer against Boston back in '95. Kobe was all about showing himself off at that time. He had a ****load of hype, was doing 360s, tomahawks, windmills and he had a real nice crossover. Kobe's crossovers are pretty overlooked, IMO. He stopped doing them after 1998 or 99 when they started to call carries more often thanks to AI. Shaq was just flatout dominant. Dude toyed with Olajuwon in the '99 series. I remember Jones more for his defense. Dude was a very solid defender. Probably the best perimeter defender in the league after Jordan and Payton at that point. He had a knack for disappearing down the stretch. Good all around player, though.

Great video, btw.

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

mad rrrrrespect manye nice vid lakers=****in insane

Value Ape.

Wow, what a blast from the past! Freeking Ace. I loved that squad so much. They are a case in point lesson on talent and co operation in the L. And focus.

It is funny. If you mention the "Young and dumb" era lakers to a lakers fan, they know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

Check out the depth.

D Fish
    J Berry
    E Campbell
    K Bryant
    S Rooks
    C Blount

All Bench players. Nutty.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

NICK!!!!!!!!!!

I stole his entire game.... dude was a monster.

on my imaginary team of favorite players of all time NVE is the point guard. the guy was just so ILL. wasn't he? that's really the only word that describes him properly. it's like one day he realized, "holy ****, I can do absolutely whatever I want." there is no reason why I can't throw a lob from halfcourt. there is no reason why I have to wait for my teammates to get set if I'm open. there is no reason why I can't throw up some bull**** most guys feel weird about doing in practice. there is no reason why I can't use my body even though it's smaller than anyone else's on the court at this moment. I can do whatever I want, and I will.

that's something you hardly ever see. Gilbert Arenas is the closest thing to that that exists in the NBA right now, a guy who feels completely unbridled. But Gil doesn't have one-tenth the creativity that NVE did. NVE never scored the same way twice. (oh you know who's another guy like that? Sam Cassell. like NVE you really got the feeling he never practiced anything, just came out of the womb exactly as good as he was, and never took a defender seriously.)

I am almost never cool with guys who are only good in a vacuum and whose teams never go anywhere by virtue of their being on it. but I would make an exception for NVE. can you even imagine playing competitive pickup ball with him? it would either be... the most incredible thing ever, or incredible because it wouldn't be any different from what he did in the NBA.

Damn, I gave my NVE jersey to some chick years back ...

NVE was a player who had some definite swag. total confidence

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    on my imaginary team of favorite players of all time NVE is the point guard. the guy was just so ILL. wasn't he? that's really the only word that describes him properly. it's like one day he realized, "holy ****, I can do absolutely whatever I want." there is no reason why I can't throw a lob from halfcourt. there is no reason why I have to wait for my teammates to get set if I'm open. there is no reason why I can't throw up some bull**** most guys feel weird about doing in practice. there is no reason why I can't use my body even though it's smaller than anyone else's on the court at this moment. I can do whatever I want, and I will.

that's something you hardly ever see. Gilbert Arenas is the closest thing to that that exists in the NBA right now, a guy who feels completely unbridled. But Gil doesn't have one-tenth the creativity that NVE did. NVE never scored the same way twice. (oh you know who's another guy like that? Sam Cassell. like NVE you really got the feeling he never practiced anything, just came out of the womb exactly as good as he was, and never took a defender seriously.)

I am almost never cool with guys who are only good in a vacuum and whose teams never go anywhere by virtue of their being on it. but I would make an exception for NVE. can you even imagine playing competitive pickup ball with him? it would either be... the most incredible thing ever, or incredible because it wouldn't be any different from what he did in the NBA.
    LOL

He's one of my fav players all time, there is no player today like him. Arenas.... ehh... not so sure, they have different styles and Arenas' game aint as fluid and smooth. Nick was like you said.... "ILL" no other way to describe it.... he's like a living DJ Premier beat... always raw, always sick, always unapologetic for his raw dopeness. There is no highlight vid on Youtube that does this man justice.

Which is why I adapted is game..... but be warned.... you need to have rhythm to play his style, without it its useless. It always did seem as if he was playing with headphones on, with a sick boom bap beat running through his body.

It always did seem as if he was playing with headphones on
    EXACTLY!

there is no player today like him. Arenas.... ehh... not so sure, they have different styles and Arenas' game aint as fluid and smooth.
    no it's really not... all he does is shoot jumpshots and dive into defenders looking for a whistle. But the true hones to god fearlessness I think they both share.

7-time NBA All-Star

Shaq was a beast back then. I remember a lot of people back then asking who was better, Shaq or Jordan. And it wasn't a crazy question. Unfortunately Eddie Jones, Kobe and Nick Van Exel came up small in the playoffs.

Shaq's swag was on a 100,000 trillion in that video. Just disrespectful.

Wasn't Corey Blunt on those teams too ...