Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Top 3 annoyingly overhyped young players

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    It's a little too early to call him injury prone but the point is, what's the big deal about people saying he has the potential to be the best center in the league? As far as we know, they could still turn out to be right. Bynum is only 22 years old. In the weeks prior to getting injured in 08 and 09, Bynum was playing superb basketball. Nobody said he was the best center in the league, just that he could be one someday because you can't deny his size and talent. How is that overrating him?
    There was discussion not too long ago about him quickly becoming a top 2 center and becoming better than Dwight....all because of his size and the fact that Kareem was teaching him moves. In 08/09, cats WERE saying he was better than Dwight. It may have been a small percentage, but that's where you get the overrating from. People see 25/12 and get mad excited.

I definitely don't think it's early to tell if he's injury prone or not. He is. At some point, he is going to have to have surgery on that knee. Now, it may not be the biggest problem for him now, but it has to continue to raise eyebrows. We all know how big these guys are and how one minor injury can affect their career. He is fortunate to have age on his side though. At this point, he can either go the Oden route or Amar'e route.

LOL i remember there was a thread last year would laker fans want to trade bynum for dwight howard, all lakerfans said HELL NO!

Insert almost every European player here _________

I usually hit open layups King Kong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gxL
    LOL i remember there was a thread last year would laker fans want to trade bynum for dwight howard, all lakerfans said HELL NO!
    funny

Not airballing my layups anymore

Rose is number one on these forums at least. People say that O.J 6'4 Mamba is bad...I'd say the D-Rose a 6'3 GOAT in disguise are worse.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    Insert almost every European player here _________

thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Troll Award

any other candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by TROLL_HUNTER
    thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Troll Award

any other candidates?
    thanks for volunteering for The Most Stupid Gimmick Award

next time you comment you might want to contribute to the thread

EDIT: did i mention that you brick open layups

Decent playground baller the_chosen_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Potential for young players can only go so far before they are overrated...

1. Andrew Bynum - Whether it's someone pointing out his Hakeem-like footwork , Ewing-like mid-range jumper, or Mutombo-esque defensive potential ... I'm really getting sick of it either way. This guy has done NOTHING in the NBA. Even if he somehow lasts a full season and stays healthy, his ceiling is Kendrick Perkins. Naming him a top 5-10 Center means nothing when mediocre bigs like Kaman & Camby are top 10.

2. Eric Gordon - This is really getting annoying how homers are starting to talk. I used to underrate him myself coming out of college, but now these Clipper trolls are making me start to dislike the hype. Like seriously, there are Clipper fans who think both him & Griffin are going to average 20PPG next season, this crap is getting out of hand. He's a good shooter, but he's undersized & he needs the ball to be effective. IMHO, his ceiling is a more consistent Ben Gordon.

3. Wilson Chandler - C'Mon, you Knick homers were upset Walsh was considering trading him for the 5th pick? Are you serious?? A guy who put up 14/5 on 33 Minutes () as a second year player in one of the fastest paced offenses in the NBA.... You actually think he's more valuable than a 5th pick (who would have been Rubio or Curry)?... GTFOH. At best he's a role player... that's his ceiling "role player", I won't even bother comparing his potential to any current player, because the truth is I don't even know if he could currently start on most teams in the NBA.

Post your own.
    And what would be wrong with a more consistent Gordon? I am not a Clipper fan but if watch this guy play it is possible for him to average 18-20 a game.