Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    1 million evidently isnt a lot to dan gilbert

of course there is some risk, but its totally worth it. there is a risk i could get hit by a car tomorrow, but im not gonna sit inside all day.

the risk is totally worth the potential reward
    I hope it works out for you guys. I really do. I just have a hard time swallowing Bynum, with all that has happened. Throughout Bynum's career the only positive was 2012 and he f'cked it up letting Perk move him out of position. Then he went MIA with the 76ers like he did since he got to LA.

Dude just not worth a penny to me.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-10-2013 at 09:16 PM.

NBA Finals

fwiw the cavs still have 2.5 million in the MLE to spend

maybe throw a deal at gary neal to be a backup shooting guard?
    We're probably done for the summer. Jarret jack is gonna get almost as many minutes as a starter and the rest of the PT will either go to rookie guard Sergie Karasev or if he doesnt pan out CJ Miles... I think the roster is at 15 as well. Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Waste. With Jack/Miles, there is no room for a Gary Neal.
    its 2.5 million to spare, and backup 2 is our greatest need right now.

how is it a waste if we are under the cap?

anyways, miles is really inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    We're probably done for the summer. Jarret jack is gonna get almost as many minutes as a starter and the rest of the PT will either go to rookie guard Sergie Karasev or if he doesnt pan out CJ Miles... I think the roster is at 15 as well. Not sure
    ooh yeah, i didnt check that

id love for karasev to pan out. ive read about him and watched him at the nike hoop summit, and thats it, but he looks like a really fun player. great shooter, high iq, and has a bit of flair to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Amico said to keep an eye out for them in the AK47 run...not sure how it could get done but that'd be insane.
    that would be great, but i dont see how he doesnt command a lot more than 2.5

id think hes worth 5 a year, at least

Da Mavs

Yeah theres a better deal out there for Kirilenko..he opted out of 10 mill after all.

oh and...

@ESPNSteinLine 1m

Neither Atlanta nor Dallas, sources tell ESPN, made formal offer to Bynum after their respective sitdowns with the former All-Star this week

its 2.5 million to spare, and backup 2 is our greatest need right now.

how is it a waste if we are under the cap?

anyways, miles is really inconsistent
    Not enough minutes. Its a waste because Neal will have to compete for minutes at SG with Waiters, Miles around. Jarrett Jack is gonna be the bread winner in terms of minutes played and the first guard off the bench. He can play either guard spot. I dont think Neal will get enough minutes to be effective for the Cavs which is why I see it as a waste. CJ Miles may have been inconsistent but if Bynum is healthy and with a healthy Andy V back who knows which way he goes.

I think Cavs roster is set for now.

Woohoo.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    I hope it works out for you guys. I really do. I just have a hard time swallowing Bynum, with all that has happened. Throughout Bynum's career the only positive was 2012 and he f'cked it up letting Perk move him out of position. Then he went MIA with the 76ers like he did since he got to LA.

Dude just not worth a penny to me.
    I knew you liked the d*ck

NBA sixth man of the year

Yeah theres a better deal out there for Kirilenko..he opted out of 10 mill after all.

oh and...
    Why wouldn't the Hawks offer a short contract? Who are they saving the money for?? Monta Ellis or Lebron next year?

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    I knew you liked the d*ck
    Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    This means he didnt get any big offers from teams. And he was even more smart not to workout for teams knowing the potential money he could have thrown away. Unless he did that by not working out.

Anyway, thats a good deal by Cleveland because if he crashes and burns? He's not making a ton of $$$$ on you.

I wonder if say Cleveland picked up the team option how much of that would be worth.

Like the risk Cleveland is taking. And even if Bynum doesnt play by chance you still have a Andy V. More than capable Center.

what the hell, you called me an idiot for saying that was why he was not working out for teams...

whatever, i dont get why dallas wouldnt want to match 6 million dollars. that sounds cheap even for not knowing how bynum will turn out.

very good signing because now he should be motivated to work out and rehab knowing that he could potentially double his salary next year.

I love all the hate on the signing. People so ignorant on the signing. They see $24 million for two years and don't even read into it. He'll get $6 million this year. If he plays most of his games and makes his benchmarks this season he'll get $12 and Cleveland will likely exercise their second year option. If he shows up as a problem with his health or attitude, he gets basically a MLE and they let him walk and they keep their money next year and it doesn't set Cleveland back at all financially.

Great signing even if he plays 0 games this season. You basically take a chance without basically giving up nothing and gaining all of what you need if it works out.

The Cavaliers have a lot of potential interesting lineups with combo players like Jack, Waiters, Clark and Bennett.

Yup been a Lakers fan for like...12 years. Becoming less of a LA fan as the days go on though. But getting into the Mavs way more...my hometown team.
    You have a D-Rose username, you are/were Lakers fan for 12 years, and have a Mavericks avi? You my friend are confused..

High School Varsity 6th Man

The Cavs are looking so promising, if thier players stay injury free(i highly doubt that).