Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Michael Jordan nearly runs over 6 year old girl peeling out of whitesox parking lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW8dqvq8RAk

2:36

nearly runs over fans trying to avoid signing autographs for kids

if you watch the entire video it shows ted williams ( arguably the greatest hitter of all time ) saying why jordan would never be a good hitter. saying his shoulders are all f*cked up

looks more like a golf swing

plus his starting pitcher was so pissed jordan was on the team he refused to answer questions about the circus act sideshow

Banned

Default Re: Michael Jordan nearly runs over 6 year old girl peeling out of whitesox parking lot

best basketball player ever

nobody since him aside from shaq has been top 10 and nobody over 40 would disagree if they are being honest

Default Re: Michael Jordan nearly runs over 6 year old girl peeling out of whitesox parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Jackson

nobody since him aside from shaq has been top 10 and nobody over 40 would disagree if they are being honest
    most people over 50 don't think that kids today are as intelligent as they were when the reality is that kids today are more intelligent.
    why would i trust all 40+ yr olds?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    most people over 50 don't think that kids today are as intelligent as they were when the reality is that kids today are more intelligent.
    why would i trust all 40+ yr olds?
    because we made our own money when kids today have it easy

i am 48 years old and am retired all thanks to my hard work

i put myself through school and worked in an engineering practice

kids today are no smarter or dumber than those in the past, but are more technologically savvy

without experience you cannot begin to understand context

you have a lot to learn

Banned

lol theres so many things wrong with this post i don't know where to begin

a) yeah jordan might be the best basketball player ever. but he didnt have the best career. kareem and russell did. and then if we're not counting careers one could say kobe/bird were more skilled since they dominated without overpowering athletic/physical advantages like jordan had over his opponents

b) kobe/duncan are top 10 on nearly every list known to man kind... lebron with 1 more ring could pass hakeem. thats 3 people

c) using senile/alzheimers as a prerequisite for ranking players lacks credibility

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol theres so many things wrong with this post i don't know where to begin

a) yeah jordan might be the best basketball player ever. but he didnt have the best career. kareem and russell did. and then if we're not counting careers one could say kobe/bird were more skilled since they dominated without overpowering athletic/physical advantages like jordan had over his opponents

b) kobe/duncan are top 10 on nearly every list known to man kind... lebron with 1 more ring could pass hakeem. thats 3 people

c) using senile/alzheimers as a prerequisite for ranking players lacks credibility
    nobody cares about career, NOBODY

all that matters is how good you are and playing for a long time and not being as good as the best doesnt change that

kobe duncan and lebron are not top 10 i posted my top 10 to that sissy mark masden in the other thread

its not senility its EXPERIENCE and GETTING IT

because we made our own money when kids today have it easy

i am 48 years old and am retired all thanks to my hard work

i put myself through school and worked in an engineering practice

kids today are no smarter or dumber than those in the past, but are more technologically savvy

without experience you cannot begin to understand context

you have a lot to learn
    i know who to take lessons from. i regularly ask advice from older people but none of them is like you and believes that it is way harder to make it in America than anytime in the past.
    the first thing that experience teaches someone is that the next generation will have it tougher, at least in the first world countries.

Banned

i know who to take lessons from. i regularly ask advice from older people but none of them is like you and believes that it is way harder to make it in America than anytime in the past.
    the first thing that experience teaches someone is that the next generation will have it tougher, at least in the first world countries.
    i didnt say it was harder at all if someone today works hard they are worthy of respect too

all i said is experience and lessons learned over time cannot be replaced

Banned

nobody cares about career, NOBODY

all that matters is how good you are and playing for a long time and not being as good as the best doesnt change that

kobe duncan and lebron are not top 10 i posted my top 10 to that sissy mark masden in the other thread

its not senility its EXPERIENCE and GETTING IT
    your top 10 means sweet f*ck all though

and you basically just described kareem abdul jabbar. he played at an allstar level longer than anyone while being the leagues best player for 10+ years

jordan was the leagues best player for about 9 years

and was basically finished after 13

your senile alzheimers havin ass loses again

Banned

your top 10 means sweet f*ck all though

and you basically just described kareem abdul jabbar. he played at an allstar level longer than anyone while being the leagues best player for 10+ years

jordan was the leagues best player for about 9 years

and was basically finished after 13

your senile alzheimers havin ass loses again

i didnt use a comma, but that should say

all that matters is how good you are

and

playing for a long time and not being as good as the best doesnt change that

i dont care how many years you play bill walton is in my top 10 he was just THAT GOOD

i didnt say it was harder at all if someone today works hard they are worthy of respect too

all i said is experience and lessons learned over time cannot be replaced
    and i said that kids today are more intelligent. on an average, you need to be more intelligent now to get a good job.
    have you looked at how fast the syllabus is changing. 6th grade kids are being taught what was taught in the 7th grade a few yrs ago. the grading maethod might be made more lenient but those you get good grades because of it don't make it in the job market.

Banned

and i said that kids today are more intelligent. on an average, you need to be more intelligent now to get a good job.
    have you looked at how fast the syllabus is changing. 6th grade kids are being taught what was taught in the 7th grade a few yrs ago. the grading maethod might be made more lenient but those you get good grades because of it don't make it in the job market.
    everyone goes to college now

i went to case western in the 80s and only the smartest people from your schools went then

aside from the technology people kids arent smarter than they used to be

Banned

i didnt use a comma, but that should say

all that matters is how good you are

and

playing for a long time and not being as good as the best doesnt change that

i dont care how many years you play bill walton is in my top 10 he was just THAT GOOD

you do realize your criteria pushes jordan out of the top 5 right?

youre basically saying peaks > careers

and in terms of peaks it goes

#1 wilt - 50/26/100pt game
    #2 Oscar - 31/13/11 ( triple double average )
    #3 Baylor - 38/19/5 ( at 6-5, a shooting guards body )
    #4 kareem - 35/17/5
    #5 Shaq - 30/14/4

any gm would draft these seasons ahead of any of jordans.. period

Banned

you do realize your criteria pushes jordan out of the top 5 right?

youre basically saying peaks > careers

and in terms of peaks it goes

#1 wilt - 50/26/100pt game
    #2 Oscar - 31/13/11 ( triple double average )
    #3 Baylor - 38/19/5 ( at 6-5, a shooting guards body )
    #4 kareem - 35/17/5
    #5 Shaq - 30/14/4

any gm would draft these seasons ahead of any of jordans.. period

who the heck cares about points or assists or rebounds

jordan played when the game was fully integrated with african american players

nobody goes before him and shaq unless you are a sissy

my top 10 is

mj
    shaq
    earvin johnson
    the sky captain
    larry bird
    moses malone
    bill walton
    david robinson
    akeem
    doctor j

everyone goes to college now

i went to case western in the 80s and only the smartest people from your schools went then

aside from the technology people kids arent smarter than they used to be
    anyone going to college doesn't mean much. you can go to college and still not get a job.
    you have to be more intelligent now to get a good job. unless the development of the world stops, the next generation will have to be smarter to get a good job.