Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The Last Of Us campaign length 12-15hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Skyrim is atleast a top 5 ps3 game. The game was almost perfect.
    Besides being boring and gay with a dumb story and shitty combat it was okay

Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I still have yet to understand why people are using this analogy.

MOVIES =/= GAMES

You WILL NOT sit through a MOVIE for more than 3-4 HOURS. your brain will start to shut down and it will begin to drag...

I'm pretty sure you can play a game 3-4 hrs in a day without having it drag, if the game is interesting. Is that really all you want? To play a 12 hour game for 3 days and finish it for $60?

you can watch a movie every day (1-2hrs) and pay $10~ every time. for 6 days you would spend $60. Thats more days of entertainment than the video game.

and lol @ some people saying they will take there ''time''. Why should you have to? If you want to wander from the path go ahead but you shouldn't HAVE TO to get more play time out of the game if you already knew this game is gonna be long.
    It's fun to compare numbers that you don't understand. Owning a new movie does not cost $10, especially if you're talking blu ray. By using your logic, I can rent the game for $10 for the whole week and it's way cheaper than the movies.

And now you're using days of entertainment? And how much you can watch in one sitting? Lol. I have a hard time playing games for more than 3-4hrs at a time. And I can watch movies back to back on some days. Lol so you make absolutely zero sense.

At the end of day, all I'm saying is 15hrs of solid entertainment is worth $60. You're just comparing it to other lengthy games, when I feel like you should compare it to all forms of entertainment. Because a game with an immense amount of detail and story has about as much in common with Tetris as it has with the next summer blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    It's fun to compare numbers that you don't understand. [bold]Owning[/bold] a new movie does not cost $10, especially if you're talking blu ray. By using your logic, I can rent the game for $10 for the whole week and it's way cheaper than the movies.

And now you're using days of entertainment? And how much you can watch in one sitting? Lol. I have a hard time playing games for more than 3-4hrs at a time. And I can watch movies back to back on some days. Lol so you make absolutely zero sense.

At the end of day, all I'm saying is 15hrs of solid entertainment is worth $60. You're just comparing it to other lengthy games, when I feel like you should compare it to all forms of entertainment. Because a game with an immense amount of detail and story has about as much in common with Tetris as it has with the next summer blockbuster.
    Never mentioned owning a movie in my post. You were talking about in theaters, so i responded

If Naughty Dog is talking about 12-15 hours, think more like 10 hours. More the length of the rest of their games. Why would they undersell the content of their game beforehand?

It's 10 hours, and for those ten hours you get a polished and dense single player experience. If you are approaching your videogame purchase mostly as mins/price, you should probably buy different types of games.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

First 3 reviews are in:

"The Last of Us is two-for-two when it comes to perfect scores. We're still a few days from Sony lifting the embargo on global reviews for the highly anticipated game from Naughty Dog, but a leaked review and some early copies of the OPM UK magazine have both indicated The Last of Us is best game of this generation -- or possibly ever.

According to multiple sources who received the latest issue of OPM UK, the magazine scored The Last of Us a perfect 10 out of 10.

"A work of art in which amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure. This is Naughty Dog pushing the PS3 to its absolute limit. Over to you PS4," the review states (via a Gamespot user).

The Last of Us isn't due out until June 14th, but global reviews are set to go live this week. If you remain a bit skeptical of these early reviews, I suggest you go out and buy God of War: Ascension so that you may check out the demo that's included with it and see for yourself."

"As days are passing more and more The Last of Us review score are arriving. Like others, Edge Magazine also awarded The Last of Us a perfect score of 10/10. This is the 15th game in Edge Magazine history to receive a perfect review score.

The first review of The Last of Us came from Empire Magazine (overall score 5/5). The publication called The Last of Us "a masterpiece" from Naughty Dog. Next review came from OPM, which again awaraded a perfect score of 10 out of 10.

As we say, our The Last of Us review will go live on June 6 (once the embargo ends)."

Maybe some of you should rethink about cancelling your pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    First 3 reviews are in:

Maybe some of you should rethink about cancelling your pre-orders.
    But at 12 hours that's 5 dollars per hour of entertainment. These cheap fvks can't afford that. 5 dollars!!

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    AC games are generally around 20-30(sometimes more) If you go for at least 90%
    Mass Effect games take at least 20+ if you do half the sidequests.
    RDR I'm not even sure how long that takes. GTA is somewhat the same in that regard.
    Demon's soul is a good what 30? 40? maybe more.

etc etc. Point being 12-15 is fairly weak for a top tier game.

And that's just off the top of my head three franchises with vastly longer gameplay. 15 hours=not worth it. I was HIGHLY excited about this game. I still am, but I'm sorry "12-15" is not worth it at this stage of the console.

Hell I think I spent about 13 or so on Tomb Raider getting 96% completion.
    Uncharted 2 is rated higher then all those games that you've named and is about 3 times shorter, why?

Because in those 12 hours you get more out of the game then you do in the 30-40 hours playing Demon's Soul.

RDR, San Andreas and Mass Effect 2 are the only games I actually finished that were longer then 25 hours. I personally can't stand games that take too long (like Skyrim). I just lose interest eventually or can't recollect the story (because I don't have the time to play the game every single day for 5-6 hours).