Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire agrees to deal with Knicks

knicks got worse. felton is a perfect fit for a knucklehead team. also, what is amare going to do that lee wasnt already doing? a few extra ppg, with less hustle and less rebounding?

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66
    knicks got worse. felton is a perfect fit for a knucklehead team. also, what is amare going to do that lee wasnt already doing? a few extra ppg, with less hustle and less rebounding?
    Don't forget less assists than Lee and a worse FT%

do you guys watch Knicks basketball?

David Lee was great for us but he plays NO defense, I repeat, NO DEFENSE. He is horrible on the defensive end of the floor. No post defense, no weak side shot blocking or in other man to man situations. Plus he is not a star. He is not a go-to guy, far from it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    do you guys watch Knicks basketball?

David Lee was great for us but he plays NO defense, I repeat, NO DEFENSE. He is horrible on the defensive end of the floor. No post defense, no weak side shot blocking or in other man to man situations. Plus he is not a star. He is not a go-to guy, far from it actually.
    Are you implying that Amare does play defense? Do you watch Suns basketball?

All joking aside, Amare is the better player, he has better low post moves and is a better defensive presence. The point is he isn't that much better than Lee was there. Getting Amare and losing Lee isn't going to make the team that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    Are you implying that Amare does play defense? Do you watch Suns basketball?

All joking aside, Amare is the better player, he has better low post moves and is a better defensive presence. The point is he isn't that much better than Lee was there. Getting Amare and losing Lee isn't going to make the team that much better.

it will help us when we need a guy to make a play, David can't do that. IMO they aren't comparable. And you are right, I did not watch much Suns basketball during the season, only a couple of games, but I watched a lot of their games during the Playoffs. He is much better defensively than David. But he was playing amazing basketball in the second half of the season right? That is when you played really well as a team?

it will help us when we need a guy to make a play, David can't do that. IMO they aren't comparable. And you are right, I did not watch much Suns basketball during the season, only a couple of games, but I watched a lot of their games during the Playoffs. He is much better defensively than David. But he was playing amazing basketball in the second half of the season right? That is when you played really well as a team?
    Ya, he looked great towards the end of the season and was an absolute beast in the playoffs, the best I have ever seen him play and he played as well as any PF in the leage for that stretch. Makes you wonder though, why didn't he play like that all season long, or for the past few seasons? He was either always somewhat hurt or he only really tried at the end of his contrct year.

In spurts like that he is as good as anyone, but when you look at him for the last 3-4 years total, not the superstar that can carry a team. Not to mention he doesn't have Nash passing him the ball anymore.

Again, i'm not saying he's not an upgrade, because he is a better player. I just think when you look at the knicks team last year you would think there are many other needs of the team over replacing Lee as a PF. I guess they just took what they could get, can't blame them for that.

Do you think the Knicks will be much better this year? Playoffs?

Ya, he looked great towards the end of the season and was an absolute beast in the playoffs, the best I have ever seen him play and he played as well as any PF in the leage for that stretch. Makes you wonder though, why didn't he play like that all season long, or for the past few seasons? He was either always somewhat hurt or he only really tried at the end of his contrct year.

In spurts like that he is as good as anyone, but when you look at him for the last 3-4 years total, not the superstar that can carry a team. Not to mention he doesn't have Nash passing him the ball anymore.

Again, i'm not saying he's not an upgrade, because he is a better player. I just think when you look at the knicks team last year you would think there are many other needs of the team over replacing Lee as a PF. I guess they just took what they could get, can't blame them for that.

Do you think the Knicks will be much better this year? Playoffs?

a lot of people are looking forward to this team. I am not sure what to think. This team does not look like a playoff team to me unless Gallo, Wilson and Randolph play consistent basketball. I like that we have a point guard who can actually play and a 5-time all-star power forward. We got something here, it's a start. We might see some more moves though and the rotations will be crucial to our success. We might make the playoffs but that depends on how much the other teams competing for the playoffs last year improved.

a lot of people are looking forward to this team. I am not sure what to think. This team does not look like a playoff team to me unless Gallo, Wilson and Randolph play consistent basketball. I like that we have a point guard who can actually play and a 5-time all-star power forward. We got something here, it's a start. We might see some more moves though and the rotations will be crucial to our success. We might make the playoffs but that depends on how much the other teams competing for the playoffs last year improved.
    Ya, I hear ya. I was a big fan of Lee and Gallinari because I had them on my fantasy team. It would have been interesting to see how it would have worked keeping Lee and playing Amare at center. I think they're trade with Golden State was good though, gives them some depth.

I think the big thing that could affect their playoff hopes will be if the Nets pick anyone else up. With a few more additions they can become a pretty good team and really the top 5 playoff spots are almost a guarentee to be taken by Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, and Miami (no order) so that leaves the rest of the conference fighting for 3 spots.

Ya, I hear ya. I was a big fan of Lee and Gallinari because I had them on my fantasy team. It would have been interesting to see how it would have worked keeping Lee and playing Amare at center. I think they're trade with Golden State was good though, gives them some depth.

I think the big thing that could affect their playoff hopes will be if the Nets pick anyone else up. With a few more additions they can become a pretty good team and really the top 5 playoff spots are almost a guarentee to be taken by Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, and Miami (no order) so that leaves the rest of the conference fighting for 3 spots.

I know, I think we have a chance against those other teams. We'll have to see but I think there will be more Knick moves this summer.

I know, I think we have a chance against those other teams. We'll have to see but I think there will be more Knick moves this summer.
    There are still a number of good free agents out there that we'd be talking about if it wasn't for Lebron and Wade. I just noticed the Bucks roster for this year and they look solid too. The east really got a lot better this offseason, they seemed to sign every big FA other than Lee, but he only went to Golden State

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I'll bet anything the Suns make the playoffs and the Knicks won't.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    I'll bet anything the Suns make the playoffs and the Knicks won't.
    Done. Your life savings.

7-time NBA All-Star

Atleast now the Knicks have a legit all-star player. Stoudemire at his best is a borderline superstar, hopefully he's extra motivated because even if the Knicks just compete for a playoff spot then it'll be easier to attract players to play in NY. I'm really hoping for a 27/10/2 season from Stat, though I have my doubts. Regardless, he's the best player the Knicks have had in over 10 years.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

It's good to see the Knicks are getting respect.

If you have haters you must be doing things better than what you were.

But Amare bring a star presence that the Knicks haven't had in years.

That is what makes him better than Lee. Season tickets already sold out.

A sense of a respectable product being put on the floor.

Team is better on paper. And from a business side it's responsible spending, which we haven't seen in years.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

well put.that coulda been a small article in a sports magazine