Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

It's kinda stupid that for games with 6 minute quarters, players foul out after 6 fouls. Even if the other team reaches in at every second you have the ball, there's hardly little to no way you can punish them through them getting too many fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I'm seeing a lot less cheese in the 7th seed. The 3 point shooting gets out of hand and because people have super fast players who can shoot, my subpar defense can't keep up. Some people have a ridiculous amount of depth like having gold players in their bench. 2K should have added a specific matchmaking system in which you can choose to play teams that have players of similar value to yours.

I think I might start playing off ball with my center and allow the computer to defend the ball handler. I heard people think that's a bitch move, but I don't get how it is if I'm still playing against them.
    This!! I don't care people spend their own money to buy gold packs, but that shouldn't mean I get punished for it. Here I am grinding to get VC just for a silver pack, only to run into someone who has Kobe, Wilt, Bill Russell in the damn 8th seed! Dude had LeBron coming off the bench. I got beat 87-32. I'm one of those players who refuse to quit. But the amount of mismatches in my team is absurd. I absolutely agree with your matchmaking idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Yeah it's quite annoying, I'm sitting on a 13-30 record I think. A couple losses due to games disconnecting though I think.

5 on 5 is unplayable, unless you hog the ball or get a rebound and go coast to coast you ain't getting the ball or getting any stats. 3 on 3 can be fun when you occasionally get teammates who actually pass, set screens, etc. but a lot of the time you have at least one player who dribbles into a crowd and/or shoots every damn time, in which case, I try to keep the ball out of that players hands at all costs.
    I've actually been getting lucky lately finding great teammates in the park. Over the weekend (only time I get to play), I went like 15-6 in the park. For me, I get more satisfaction giving assists to other players. I think it was contagious cause we all started playing team ball. Went on like a 5 game streak.........till the damn servers sent me to the dashboard. Btw, have you tried playing 2-2. Shit is dumb IMO. Make-it-take-it after every score is so annoying since it's almost impossible to play defense. I went on to play on the other courts, but the same two players were still on the 2 vs 2 court racking up wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Yeah it's quite annoying, I'm sitting on a 13-30 record I think. A couple losses due to games disconnecting though I think.

5 on 5 is unplayable, unless you hog the ball or get a rebound and go coast to coast you ain't getting the ball or getting any stats. 3 on 3 can be fun when you occasionally get teammates who actually pass, set screens, etc. but a lot of the time you have at least one player who dribbles into a crowd and/or shoots every damn time, in which case, I try to keep the ball out of that players hands at all costs.
    What I do is whenever I get the ball I would purposefully go out of bounds and give the ball to the other team just make him mad. You have to see how many avoid player I got when I bought 2k13

Love Live Life

First pack opening for Myteam on X1 and I got Jerry West

I haven't played any games cause the servers been acting up.

I don't like how you can't earn vc for myteam

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    This!! I don't care people spend their own money to buy gold packs, but that shouldn't mean I get punished for it. Here I am grinding to get VC just for a silver pack, only to run into someone who has Kobe, Wilt, Bill Russell in the damn 8th seed! Dude had LeBron coming off the bench. I got beat 87-32. I'm one of those players who refuse to quit. But the amount of mismatches in my team is absurd. I absolutely agree with your matchmaking idea.
    I never quit either even if it's a blowout. I've started practicing how to iso while protecting the ball. People reach in so much and you really need a go to guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I've actually been getting lucky lately finding great teammates in the park. Over the weekend (only time I get to play), I went like 15-6 in the park. For me, I get more satisfaction giving assists to other players. I think it was contagious cause we all started playing team ball. Went on like a 5 game streak.........till the damn servers sent me to the dashboard. Btw, have you tried playing 2-2. Shit is dumb IMO. Make-it-take-it after every score is so annoying since it's almost impossible to play defense. I went on to play on the other courts, but the same two players were still on the 2 vs 2 court racking up wins.
    Totally agreed on 2v2, I played it two or three times and it just doesn't do the trick for me, too many scoring runs and players cheese the hell out of you immediately shooting once they get it or if they have a maxed out player they just run and dunk on whoevers in their way.

3v3 is the best game mode for the Park, I too enjoy passing and getting assists, I try to be as well rounded as possible and watch my shot selection but I do have a few nice dunk packages I like to show off from time to time.

Hey guys, whoever likes to listen to their own music while playing should check out this app I found out about. Since xbox doesn't currently support playing music through plugging in your phone or whatever, this will app really helps. It's called Skifta. It's available on android and IOS. Pretty much, it plays your music via wifi from your phone or whatever media player straight to your console. What I did was just use the snap feature on the xbox and played music while I play some 2k. Haha those songs on the game got annoying pretty quick. The Skifta app plays music through your "Xbox Music" app on your xbox. Put in your game, open up xbox music on snap, open Skifta on your phone and you're good to go. Very simple and truly helps me out because I love playing music while I game. Here's how it looks like while I'm playing:

Banned

My whole MyTEAM is full of scrubs apart from Wilt Chamberlain I'm hoping I can get MJ, Dr. J and Magic in these new historic packs. I'll probably end up with only MJ and maybe Dr. J, but I'll try. I say I'll end up getting Scottie while trying to get Jordan.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I had Iverson on myteam. Shame it was in 2k13

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

Finally picked up a PS4 and 2k14 yesterday. Good game, but it has issues. The myCAREER mode is clearly made for perimeter players. I created an athletic power forward, and I NEVER get the ball. Running up and down the court, the players either jack threes(and make most of them) or they drive to the basket. They never take time off the shot clock, it's always "go go go". The challenges during game are also geared towards scorers. For instance, "score 10 points this quarter". What if I don't want to be a scorer? Why do I have to force the issue all the time? Good luck playing that mode with a big, unless I'm just missing something.

Side note, just started a myGM career as the Bulls. The owner says to me "this team can't lose more than 30 games this year. Period." His next texts to me? "I want a good draft pick this year". Um, ok? Did he contradict himself? Or is he expecting me to lose yet another good player(Rose, Deng) and still expect 52+ wins?

Overall it's a good start for the next-gen, but it needs work. For the myCAREER mode to be so geared towards perimeter players really ruins it for me.
    Last edited by LbloodOjunkieG; 01-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I had Iverson on myteam. Shame it was in 2k13
    It's much easier to get legends now.

What the hell 2k? You promise to hand out a silver myteam pack when the community reaches enough vc for the locker code app yet only next gen gets it while current gen is stuck with random myplayer clothing.

Banned

Got enough MT points in Domination today to open up another '90-'91 Bulls pack. Got ****ing MJ My first two times opening that pack, a few days ago, I got Craig Hodges and some other bronze scrub, now I got MJ to pair with Wilt. The rest of MyTEAM right now is a bunch of starter pack bronze scrubs but if I can get Scottie Pippen with earned MT points and then buy some VC and try to get Dr. J and Magic, I'll be stacked for my starting five. New Miami Heat team packs came out too and I'll be trying to get LeBron. Wade and Bosh would be nice too, I guess.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Got enough MT points in Domination today to open up another '90-'91 Bulls pack. Got ****ing MJ My first two times opening that pack, a few days ago, I got Craig Hodges and some other bronze scrub, now I got MJ to pair with Wilt. The rest of MyTEAM right now is a bunch of starter pack bronze scrubs but if I can get Scottie Pippen with earned MT points and then buy some VC and try to get Dr. J and Magic, I'll be stacked for my starting five. New Miami Heat team packs came out too and I'll be trying to get LeBron. Wade and Bosh would be nice too, I guess.
    Damn you lucky! I got Pippen on my first try but I want MJ. Kinda hesitant to open another bulls pack though.

I got Jerry West, Sam Jones, Detlef Schrempf, Pippen, and Wilt as my starting 5

I played a dude that had MJ and dude was missing everything with him and losing the ball like crazy with MJ I didn't get to finish the game though cause my son hit the power button.

I'm get MJ before the packs expire.

Edit: Just got MJ, Will purdue, Larry Johnson and Dr.J I think if you buy VC and use vc to buy the packs you got a better shot at getting good players. I could be wrong though. Might just be luck
    Last edited by TheReal Kendall; 01-14-2014 at 04:13 AM.