Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What has the FO done...

ESPN reported we traded Nazr for Mo Pete and DJ White.

Also reported that we traded GW to the Blazers for 2 first round picks, Joel Pryzbilla and Dante Cunningham.

link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...s-bobcatstrade

Pros: we lost two players and gained four players and two 1st round picks.

Cons: we lost our best player, more than likely our chance at the playoffs.

Peterson and Pryzbilla have expiring contracts, and we just dumped Wallace's deal. The two first rounders will actually help us sometime in the future, so maybe MJ is going to try to redeem himself? Or use those picks as bait for future trades?

I don't know, but I'm not terribly happy about this deal.

But I should mention that Bonnell says the chances of a deal were less than 40%, and the GW was so absurd it would never happen. The crack Observer team strikes again.

Local High School Star

Default Re: What has the FO done...

Im happy with the deals we made. The way our team was going we were going to be stuck in mediocrity (7-8 seed) for the next few seasons with no lottery picks and getting swept in the first round. The way the new CBA is going to be structured will more than likely help teams keep the players they draft as Im sure the league office is getting tired of players being able to dictate where they want to go to form these mega teams leaving small market teams in the dust. Jordan has now shed a bunch of cap space while getting some first round draft picks.

One of the reasons I like the trade is because Wallace is injury prone and plays off of mostly pure athleticism. He is my favorite player, but the older he gets the more his productivity will slip. I think we got the most value out of him while we could.

If we dont make the playoffs this year we will of course have a lottery pick, and although we never draft well maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle, and maybe even perhaps Portland has a dip and doesnt make the playoffs for 2 lottery picks. Who knows? The verdict on the trade cant really be made until after our draft picks are made and how productive they are. I do like the cap space, though.

Local High School Star

Also about the only way a small market team can become really really competitive now a days is thru the draft and FA signings. Sam Presti of OKC is a genius at doing this.

WOW

I'm telling you this is THE MOST BRILLIANT trade that ever happened in our limited trade history.

TWO 1st rounders...

It would be better if we can nab Nicolas Batum and a 1st rounder. But I suppose the outcome of this trade was good enough.
    Last edited by acidbasesalt; 02-24-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
    WOW

I'm telling you this is THE MOST BRILLIANT trade that ever happened in our limited trade history.

TWO 1st rounders...

It would be better if we can nab Nicolas Batum and a 1st rounder. But I suppose the outcome of this trade was good enough.
    We owe one of those 1st rounders to Chicago for TT. I think Portland will make the playoffs thus making the other 1st rounder a pick in the late teens in an already weak draft. We essentially traded Crash for the 2 stiffs and a player like Ajinca.

To make things worse there's still a chance Silas could work wonders with what we have and we slip into the 8th spot thus taking us out of the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    We owe one of those 1st rounders to Chicago for TT. I think Portland will make the playoffs thus making the other 1st rounder a pick in the late teens in an already weak draft. We essentially traded Crash for the 2 stiffs and a player like Ajinca.

To make things worse there's still a chance Silas could work wonders with what we have and we slip into the 8th spot thus taking us out of the lottery.
    I've calmed down a little bit since this post. It's starting to make a little more sense.

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

We're screwed.

Yep, I haven't cooled down at all on this trade. Pretty sure I found MJ's long term management strategy:

Don't blame Jordan. Well you can, but I'd blame Larry Brown.

Of all 30 head coaches in the league, LB is I'd say the only dumbass to trade for Diop two years ago. In fact, we made the exact same mistake in trading for Mohammed years back, but luckily Mohammed being a pro, continued to work hard and prove his worth, and I believe we were very fortunate to have a Mohammed, INSTEAD OF TWO DIOPS. Actually make it three Diops if you include Carroll.

I don't understand how can one after 11 years of NBA experience, one has shown absolutely no improvement on offense and remains a ****ing piece of black shit making 6 million dollars for playing like 1 minute of basketball per game on court. I'm no racist but if you account for $6,000,000 per year average over 6 years, that is $32,000,000. Even a well constructed ponzi scheme probably won't make that much. I just hope the next collective bargaining agreement can punish those assholes. Diop is just so bad that he's not even in shape for a long time, 280 lb. Joel Pryzbilla's just 245 lb and even 1 inch taller. 35 pounds of weight difference. I'm not surprised to see Diop crumbles both of his knees like Brandon Roy (obviously the latter is more of bad luck and probably genetic factors).

So we traded Carroll for Diop back then, who critics consider both to be toxic. Well we had one, trade for the more toxic one, and now ended up having both. Looks like Jordan just bought $10,000,000 per year worth of bleach to make some delicious cocktail. Air Jordan, please burrow and hibernate for the next 3 years so you can avoid playing those two guys salaries.

So there's only two way to go: either suck their shitty contracts up or bring up a hell of a fight as hard as you can at the negotiation table in the next CBA.

I'm sure you and I fans will support the owners. I mean come on, who gives a shit to watch Diop and Carroll playing? Neither of them are leader, significant contributor, nor loving veteran presence. If I see Diop on a street walking, I'm gonna beat the shit out of him. He's the one responsible for bringing this team to hell. I know LB and MJ are both the primary culprit, but Diop is just bad enough to be unplayable for most parts of any game.
    Last edited by acidbasesalt; 03-02-2011 at 05:30 AM.

acid....breathe. It'll be ok.

Also, 6 mil average for 6 years is 36 mil, but after taxes, probably goes down to about 20 mil.

We can only hope at this point some team dumber than us take Diop off our hands. Why we wanted Carroll back is beyond me. It'll all work out...hopefully.

Diop was actually playing pretty solidly under Silas until his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    ..... Why we wanted Carroll back is beyond me. It'll all work out...hopefully.

Because he scored 19 points last night against the Nuggets and also had his share of rebounds and assists..............Get off his ass.

Learning to shoot layups TarCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Because he scored 19 points last night against the Nuggets and also had his share of rebounds and assists..............Get off his ass.
    Totally agree with you, OWL

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Ok, first time he's played significant minutes and had a chance to do that. If GW was still here how many points do you think he would have scored last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Ok, first time he's played significant minutes and had a chance to do that. If GW was still here how many points do you think he would have scored last night?
    The point is about what Mattie is capable of and what he can contribute to the team when he's given the opportunity. How many of our players can give us that much?