Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante Exum

Default Dante Exum

What's his floor and what's his ceiling? Probably the most interesting pick in this draft imo

Banned

Default Re: Dante Exum

MCW at the begining if the season, but a better playmaker.

floor= Dante Exum

Ceiling= Dante Exum

Ceiling = 6'6 Tony Parker/Penny Hardaway.

I think there's a strong possibility he could end being the best player in the draft. At least top 2 or 3.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Who has really seen enough of him? I mean he looks good but he sure as hell can't shoot and he hasn't played against the best DI guys in the us on a regular basis. I watched all I could on him but it's tough to tell. He looks good and seems coachable but he's unproven or at least compared to the guys in the NCAA. That doesn't mean that he's not gonna be good but it's much harder to tell with him than with any of the dudes coming out of here. He's def gonna go top 8 but you just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Who has really seen enough of him? I mean he looks good but he sure as hell can't shoot and he hasn't played against the best DI guys in the us on a regular basis. I watched all I could on him but it's tough to tell. He looks good and seems coachable but he's unproven or at least compared to the guys in the NCAA. That doesn't mean that he's not gonna be good but it's much harder to tell with him than with any of the dudes coming out of here. He's def gonna go top 8 but you just don't know.
    Like Kobe?

I can't exactly say what his ceiling and floor will be, but he is without a doubt the most intriguing prospect in this draft, even moreso than Embiid. Embiid is the better prospect, but Exum is the more intriguing prospect given the circumstances and the nature of his game.

The guy is a 6'6" combo guard with a 6'9"+ wingspan. He's got an insanely quick first step, clearly the best first step of the draft (or at least of the prospects that matter). He's got that future superstar-like ability to contort his body through any amount of defenders and get to the rim at will. Once he's there, he's got the finesse to finish with either hand, and the explosiveness to dunk on anyone. And when he's not scoring, he's got genuine point guard instincts and vision to run an offense. It's not elite vision, but with some honing here and there he could be fully capable of it. His height, wingspan, and absurd lateral quickness make him a great defensive prospect as well. His biggest problem is his jumpshot, and I've seen way too many players who have developed from poor shooters to good shooters to be concerned by this. He's also a high-character guy, highly intelligent, and from all accounts, seems to be a hard worker and have the aggressiveness/competitiveness you want out of a franchise player.

He realistically could be better than Jabari and Wiggins. He's got all the tools to do it.

Very good NBA starter

Is he good? Can the Heat get him?

Floor - Michael Jordan
    Ceiling - Kobe Bryant

Top - Penny

Floor - Larry Hughes

also show me a highlight of this kid using his left hand to do anything basketball related.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I can't exactly say what his ceiling and floor will be, but he is without a doubt the most intriguing prospect in this draft, even moreso than Embiid. Embiid is the better prospect, but Exum is the more intriguing prospect given the circumstances and the nature of his game.

The guy is a 6'6" combo guard with a 6'9"+ wingspan. He's got an insanely quick first step, clearly the best first step of the draft (or at least of the prospects that matter). He's got that future superstar-like ability to contort his body through any amount of defenders and get to the rim at will. Once he's there, he's got the finesse to finish with either hand, and the explosiveness to dunk on anyone. And when he's not scoring, he's got genuine point guard instincts and vision to run an offense. It's not elite vision, but with some honing here and there he could be fully capable of it. His height, wingspan, and absurd lateral quickness make him a great defensive prospect as well. His biggest problem is his jumpshot, and I've seen way too many players who have developed from poor shooters to good shooters to be concerned by this. He's also a high-character guy, highly intelligent, and from all accounts, seems to be a hard worker and have the aggressiveness/competitiveness you want out of a franchise player.

He realistically could be better than Jabari and Wiggins. He's got all the tools to do it.
    That can be said about lots of players. Look at Rubio. He's long and is easily the best passer in his generation me a great defender. His shot is terrible and has not gotten better not even a little bit so his game has not really opened up. It's nice to say all that stuff about Exum when he plays against U19 comp I whatever but dudes who look like him sometimes get tossed around like rag dolls. I like him but there's just too much unknown to say he's gonna be great or whatever. He sure could be but so could have tim Thomas and a million other dudes.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I can't really pinpoint a specific player on him, he reminds me a lot of Penny, Jalen Rose and Brandon Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRaymond23
    I can't really pinpoint a specific player on him, he reminds me a lot of Penny, Jalen Rose and Brandon Roy.
    K based on what? Do you live in Australia?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    K based on what? Do you live in Australia?
    What exactly would living in Australia have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRaymond23
    What exactly would living in Australia have to do with anything?
    That you would have seen him play more? Not just his YouTube stuff