5-time NBA All-Star

Default Human Dignity is Important

Preserve it.

If you hear rumors about someone, consider it a lie.

Innocent till proven guilty.

Default Re: Human Dignity is Important

Sorry but that is foolish. Our world is still primitive, and our species is in its adolescence. Despite the fundamental goodness at the very core of almost everyone, most people are pretty shitty in today's world because of the shitty circumstances which mold them.

Only a sucker walks through life assuming others will not cheat him and steal from him the moment he lets his guard down.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If one bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Sorry but that is foolish.
    I hear you. You don't want human beings to be exploited or played a fool. That's very important not to be oppressed.

Our world is still primitive, and our species is in its adolescence. Despite the fundamental goodness at the very core of almost everyone, most people are pretty shitty in today's world because of the shitty circumstances which mold them.
    I hear you. Broken families, economic inequality, messed up upbringing, oppressions, inefficient systems, sadness, injustice, frustration, buying things we don't want to impress people we don't like, lack of attention to real human needs--there's a whole lot wrong with this world-- and it is difficult to be on top of your moral game with all this darkness around you.

Only a sucker walks through life assuming others will not cheat him and steal from him the moment he lets his guard down.
    Agreed, I should have worded my premise differently.

I meant to say if you heard gossip/scandals or rumors about others then not to take those to heart until you meet that person face to face. Simple concept---but one I have yet to master.

Perhaps the reminder can benefit.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If one bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Can't disagree.

By the way, Jefferson for jokes I was gonna respond to your other post in regards to zotile accusing u and i of being the same guy, but then I realized that the Prometheus character we made is not insecure/defensive. And I realized that Jefferson is too serious at the moment and Prometheus is self-deprecating and that could cause some fuss up--and we don't want to be responsible in harming him psychologically.

I mean he already got onto my case about me being nanners and LOJ being a bunch of alternative accounts---
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 01-22-2019 at 02:46 PM.

if you heard gossip/scandals or rumors about others then not to take those to heart until you meet that person face to face
    I agree with this so much that we might as well be the same person.

Although I find it hard to imagine you creating an account named after a figure from the Greek myths, given your stance on polytheism.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    still on your satan shit huh

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    still on your satan shit huh

Tell me, AW, what do you believe will save people from this?

Christian or Muslim, Satan's job is to get people there.

Banned

lets be honest. if OP heard his neighbour was a pedo through an unreliable source he'd never let his kids/future kids go near the dude or his house ever again and would likely put his home up for sale

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Preserve it.

If you hear rumors about someone, consider it a lie.

Innocent till proven guilty.
    specially when you cant defend your self.

That is why handicapped as well as elderly should be given the biggest breaks in the world

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    lets be honest. if OP heard his neighbour was a pedo through an unreliable source he'd never let his kids/future kids go near the dude or his house ever again and would likely put his home up for sale
    but you would slink over to his house and lick his banana

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Good post OP. I find that I'm very easy to be around and get along with even if someone is a dick. So I always try to base my judgements of a person based on my interaction with them not what others think.

Still good to keep in mind what others say to be a little hesitant.