Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: ESPN: Jordan's Bulls were always favored in the finals

MJ was favored or considered at worst even money because the expectation was that he would always rise to the occasion in the finals once he had a few under his belt. He didn't have any 'mysterious' under-performances on his playoff record( I don't mean just stats, I mean effort and engagement) to question 'which' MJ would show up or anything like that. The Bulls were a well-oiled machine during their run.

There were plenty of 'even money' series. 92 against Portland. 93 against the Knicks and Suns. 96 against the Magic. 98 against Utah. All of those teams at worst had equal talent to, and in a couple cases better overall talent from 1-12. Nobody looks at the 96 Magic and thinks, oh the Bulls were the more talented team. Same with the Suns. 98 they were gassed and on the ropes, especially after Pip fukked his back. MJ had to go off for 45 to escape with a one point title-clinging victory.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Those teams were a LOT tougher as we can see from the fact that they didn't get pushed to the brink by a team with ZERO all-stars.
    Oh, and also, 24 > 22

checkmate babyboi
    What's wrong? Word taking too long to load that 200MB file?

on yo grave

How could a team with 0 all-stars push a team to the brink while the GOAT MJ at 24 years old got swept by that same team a round earlier? Michael Jordan is a bald headed fraud and a product of a marketing deal between David Stern and Nike.
    How embarrassing for you tbh

Go stan that loser you love and keep playing those mental gymnastics, fgt

[QUOTE=Dray n Klay]Kobe was favored to make the playoffs in 2005, 2013, 2014. But he didn

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Maybe someone can help me out here because I want to understand the new espn goat criteria....

So the new criteria for goat is to.... NOT win the most?.... and be the underdog MORE?.. Is that it?.. so no more winning... Losing is better? Do I have it right?

It's called COMPETITION.

So, when you face six cupcakes it means less than facing legitimate contenders. For example, beating a dynasty = more value than beating #2 option Hornacek or one man wrecking crew Drexler. Got it?

For the 135th time:

LeBron had a long talk with Stern in Vegas on April 2011 about how Miami winning it all would be bad for business. Bron agreed it would be best if Dallas won but he said he couldn't guarantee that Dallas would win even if he tried his best to throw the series. So Lebron picked up the phone and bought a 2% share in Liverpool F.C. and told Stern he would give it to him for losses incurred if Dallas failed to win. Despite Dirk choking, LeBron came up clutch for the NBA and Stern. Even though he has no use for the LFC share, he's kept it since.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    so somehow being great takes away from your greatness now?

and losing over and over and over... and over again enhances your greatness?

leparticipation trophy era.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    LeBron got swept in 2007 and 2018.
    He lost by a record margin in 2014 and then beat his own record again in 2018.
    He lost in 2011 putting up only 18ppg.
    He lost in 2015 and 2017.

Why does LeBron lose so much?
    And brought America it's first bronze medal as well in basketball with pro athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass21formvp
    And brought America it's first bronze medal as well in basketball with pro athletes.
    No that was the guy in your avatar.

LeBron barely played.