Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He's only 24 and is obviously really an entertaining player to watch but can he have enough Impact on a team lets say without Lebron to win MVP?

Good college starter

Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He'll be the offensive best player in the league in like 3-4 years. So yeah.

Local High School Star

Nope, Not with that glory hog on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    He'll be the offensive best player in the league in like 3-4 years. So yeah.
    But does he have the impact to make others around him better?

He is mostly an iso player and rarely gets the attention on defense that other MVP level players get.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Nope, Not with that glory hog on his team.
    I said without the presence of a Lebron. Does he have the impact to make those around him better and drag them to wins?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    I said without the presence of a Lebron. Does he have the impact to make those around him better and drag them to wins?
    Still nope. All he does is score, more than often inefficiently, nothing else.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

No team will ever be good enough with him as their best player for him to win MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    No team will ever be good enough with him as their best player for him to win MVP.
    fk wit

He's a more efficient smarter kobe, thats it

Top 1 Bball Mind.

no

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

If Curry keeps choking in the finals, he might win FMVP when LeBron declines

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

He doesn't have an all around game to win MVP, he's literally just a scorer

Local High School Star

Honestly, kyrie has the requisite handles and control to be in the Spurs offensive system, and I'm pretty sure he'd be an annual MVP candidate if he played under pop. Put him in that situation where pretty much all he has to do is score efficiently play solid defense and be willing to pass on a team that always makes extra passes would do wonders. He could play that role, and then be that takeover player they need late in the game. In 2014-2015 Kyrie had a higher passing rate than Damian lillard and Stephen curry. I think Kyrie's willingness to pass is pretty underrated, especially now that LeBron is now the point guard. Kyrie averaged 7.4 assists per 36 minutes on a bad team his rookie year. On a good team without another ball dominant player, I think kyrie could win MVP. As for a team not being good enough to win with him as their best player, idk. That argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant with these super teams being around. You need to have at least two superstars or a bunch of great role players and two all stars to win a chip. Pretty sure GSW could've won this year or last year with him as their best player. On that team all he'd have to do is score big in key moments. Easy.

If he ends up in the right situation, he could have a shot.
    But I'd predict he has a couple of season where he is in the running, but never actually gets one.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    Honestly, kyrie has the requisite handles and control to be in the Spurs offensive system, and I'm pretty sure he'd be an annual MVP candidate if he played under pop. Put him in that situation where pretty much all he has to do is score efficiently play solid defense and be willing to pass on a team that always makes extra passes would do wonders. He could play that role, and then be that takeover player they need late in the game. In 2014-2015 Kyrie had a higher passing rate than Damian lillard and Stephen curry. I think Kyrie's willingness to pass is pretty underrated, especially now that LeBron is now the point guard. Kyrie averaged 7.4 assists per 36 minutes on a bad team his rookie year. On a good team without another ball dominant player, I think kyrie could win MVP. As for a team not being good enough to win with him as their best player, idk. That argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant with these super teams being around. You need to have at least two superstars or a bunch of great role players and two all stars to win a chip. Pretty sure GSW could've won this year or last year with him as their best player. On that team all he'd have to do is score big in key moments. Easy.

Serious?