Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is wrong with the Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    1) Trading Harden
    2) Coaching
    3) Durant not playing to his standards from last year/being hurt.
    This and reggie Jackson not playing his best.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Durant being horrible

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Homosexuals
    you mean that runs Oklahoma the state?

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    you mean that runs Oklahoma the state?
    They just passed a law that homosexuals can get married in the state of Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    They just passed a law that homosexuals can get married in the state of Oklahoma.
    damn this country iz going down in flames Momma told me there was gonna be days like this

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    1) Trading Harden
    2) Coaching
    3) Durant not playing to his standards from last year/being hurt.
    Durant hasn't played to his standards from last year is solely because he's been hurt and in-and-out of the lineup. I know it's probably not what you mean, but Durant playing up to his standards from last year doesn't have anything to do with him regressing or just flatout sucking. He's had games where he's been every bit of 2014 Durant, he just hasn't had a long enough stretch of time to work himself back from the injuries and shake off the rust.

Anyway, without going into any kind of detail because it's f***ing 3:00 in the morning and I'm tired, OKC's main problems this year really all stem from a lack of cohesiveness. Whether that cohesiveness is due to injuries, new players and new starters, or a mid-season trade, the roster as a whole (when it's at its ideal form when fully healthy) has had very little time to gel and develop chemistry.

After that it's things like Serge Ibaka turning into a f***ing pansy and regressing big time; Scott Brooks being one of the worst coaches in the league and being a TERRIBLE fit for the older, more mature OKC roster; and Russell Westbrook not being as good as Kevin Durant, which was always pretty obvious...what I mean is that Westbrook, as great as he is, just isn't quite as capable of carrying a roster as Durant ala 2014.

All-in-all the whole season has been an enormous mess and extremely frustrating, and I've been drinking a lot of beer over the last few weeks to cope with it all in an unhealthy manner. I still think OKC will get their shit together at some point and go on a run where they win something like 20 out of 25 games but, at this point, I'm afraid it may be too late.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Durant hasn't played to his standards from last year is solely because he's been hurt and in-and-out of the lineup. I know it's probably not what you mean, but Durant playing up to his standards from last year doesn't have anything to do with him regressing or just flatout sucking. He's had games where he's been every bit of 2014 Durant, he just hasn't had a long enough stretch of time to work himself back from the injuries and shake off the rust.

Anyway, without going into any kind of detail because it's f***ing 3:00 in the morning and I'm tired, OKC's main problems this year really all stem from a lack of cohesiveness. Whether that cohesiveness is due to injuries, new players and new starters, or a mid-season trade, the roster as a whole (when it's at its ideal form when fully healthy) has had very little time to gel and develop chemistry.

After that it's things like Serge Ibaka turning into a f***ing pansy and regressing big time; Scott Brooks being one of the worst coaches in the league and being a TERRIBLE fit for the older, more mature OKC roster; and Russell Westbrook not being as good as Kevin Durant, which was always pretty obvious...what I mean is that Westbrook, as great as he is, just isn't quite as capable of carrying a roster as Durant ala 2014.

All-in-all the whole season has been an enormous mess and extremely frustrating, and I've been drinking a lot of beer over the last few weeks to cope with it all in an unhealthy manner. I still think OKC will get their shit together at some point and go on a run where they win something like 20 out of 25 games but, at this point, I'm afraid it may be too late.
    This ain't happening this year son, OKC roster not good enough and West too hard of a conference to be in.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

Are you finally going to concede he's a average player?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Are you finally going to concede he's a average player?
    or that defense is defense and some guys don't?

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    I know Durant has been in and out but still, I expected them to catch the Suns by now. what is going on in okc?
    Definitely surprising that they have yet to catch up.

NBA Superstar

The same thing thats been wrong for years, their coach is a total jackass.